Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

faustcf posted:

I know ebay is a terrible place to buy records but this is just mindblowing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Orange-9mm-LP-Driver-Not-Included-Downset-Helmet-/280700971177?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item415b14e8a9

But it's :catdrugs: VERY MEGA RARE!:catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Peacebone posted:

Amazon has some nice "indie rock" selections for $12 or under.

http://amzn.to/nz6QJY

High school me is so excited about $12 Elliott Smith. Shipping in 2-3 weeks!

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

cheese eats mouse posted:

Demon Days LP at a decent price for forever.

$100 and up is the only decent price you'll get for that. I'm still trying to track down a copy of DFA1979 You're A Woman, I'm a Machine and it seems like the price is just getting higher and higher.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

cheese eats mouse posted:

Yea I keep having my fingers crossed that Albarn doesn't announce the end of Gorillaz cause then it would be over on that.

Somehow DFA1979 getting back together to play a few shows had the exact opposite effect. This time last year you could get a copy of YWIM for $40-50 and now it seems to creep up $10 every month or so.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

fozzie dunlop posted:

Heard about this today, and I really hope they'll be able to make a recovery somehow. What a drat shame. :(

Well here's some good(ish) news:

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/58582

Apparently there's already a £250,000 relief fund in order for the labels to get back on their feet.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Surfingelectrode posted:

For the inconvenience, we would like to extend this coupon for 15% off you next order at https://www.becausesoundmatters.com

Code: HEADYNUGGS

Wow, the 15% off makes their prices just expensive instead of stupid expensive.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

MokBa posted:

Uh, $10. It was a used copy (though still in its shrink wrap) marked at $13 and I got a 25% employee discount off it. I believe it's a 2003 reissue.

Edit: Wow. Did not know until now how hard this thing is to get. My store tends to sell things much cheaper than you can find online.

TELL US WHERE

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

After watching Scott Pilgrim vs The World for a second time and doing a complete 180 about it, I got interested in looking for the soundtrack on vinyl.

Holy poo pooBALLS

What the gently caress happened there?

I'm pretty sure they have a copy of that at Rasputin in sf. I've made a note to check the price next time I'm there.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Harry Privates posted:

Does anyone here have a copy of You're A Woman, I'm a Machine by Death From Above 1979 they would be willing to sell? I have been looking for this for years and don't really wanna pay some ridiculous price. If anyone has a record store near them that they know has it, please please please get it for me and I will give you monies.

I posted this a year ago I think, no response.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Harry Privates posted:

I take it you still don't have a copy?

I wish I did :( Since they got back together to play Cochella and may go on tour, I'm honestly just hoping at this point for a repress.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

If they have an extra copy for a reasonable price I will shower you with gifts (actually, paypal you money) if you get it for me :D

I work 4 blocks from there and never have anything to do on my lunch break. I'll check when I'm there. Do you have a price ceiling?

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

50 bucks would be my limit.

It only had a US release so the chance of it ever appearing here in Europe is zilch. So I don't mind paying extra for it. :)

Some enterprising goon must have snagged it. I swear it was there the last couple of times I was there. Sorry to get your hopes up.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

I haven't posted any recent acquisitions in this thread in awhile.
Recently I've gotten:

Turbonegro- Scandinavian Leather
A Perfect Circle- Thirteenth Step
Viktor Vaughn- Vaudeville Villian
Black Keys- their new single
Coconut Records- Bored to Death Single
Joy Formidible- Whirring (RSD)
Girl Talk- Night Ripper

I don't remember if this was posted here or not, but if anyone wants a cheap display solution Ikea's picture ledges work great:

This is totally going on the wall tonight for having awesome cover art:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Dancing Potato posted:

I'm not familiar with this band at all, but I think a record store near me has this. Looking at their discography, though, it looks like they released quite a few things with variations of the same cover so I can't guarantee that it was the pink cover and not one of the many 12'' singles with a different colored cover. Next time I'm in there I can check for you.

I would pretty much take anything of theirs $<50 for LPs <$20 for 7".

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Got my copy of Childish Gambino's Camp today. Beautiful double LP (I only thought it would be one disc, but the 4th side has 5 bonus tracks), awesome booklet and it was only $11!

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Second dibs on Demon Days?

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

He's a colossal idiot but nothing surprises me anymore. It would be fun to send him a message asking him what the hell he is smoking though.

I did send him a message asking him that. I'll report back if he says anything worth posting.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

He's a colossal idiot but nothing surprises me anymore. It would be fun to send him a message asking him what the hell he is smoking though.

I sent him a message saying "I hope you're joking. No one's going to pay you $4000 for that. You'd be lucky to get $40."

He replied "cool"

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Also please note that this has not caused him to do any more research whatsoever and the price is still the same.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how a European such as myself can file a complaint against a webshop? BurntToastVinyl has been screwing around with me for months and I'm fed up.

Never trust a website who's color palate is entirely 80s pastels.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Went to Amoeba and Rasputin last night and got some stuff:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Any Fruit Bats fans should be happy to know that Echolocation is getting a limited repress. You can order it from Jealous Butcher Records. http://www.jealousbutcher.com/catalog/jbcatframes.html

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

hatelull posted:

I desperately need to get a solid cover for the Thorens, but man to me that's an insane price for what is pretty much a glorified piece of sturdy plastic. What do you guys think?

You've already spent almost as much replacing cartridges prematurely, so you may as well. Think of it as an investment into your most prized possession.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

theradiostillsucks posted:

I handle web sales (Amazon/eBay) for a local record store and it's mostly the same dozen predictable records that we sell online. Popular indie rock (She & Him, Postal Service, Fleet Foxes, My Morning Jacket), pop (Adele, Florence & the Machine, etc.), evergreen reissues (Bob Dylan mostly) and things I assume people are surprised to discover are affordably available on vinyl (Tool). It's nice to see an uptick in overall sales, but like any other format or previous time in vinyl's history, I assume just a handful of artists are dominating the numbers.

Please tell me what site that is so I can get some affordable Tool.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Yoshifan823 posted:

the Bored to Death theme song single

The b side to that single owns. I found mine at the local record store where my parents live and had to have it.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

WASDF posted:

specifically what do you mean?

If you're running a phono turntable into anything that doesn't have a phono input (so into aux or something) the volume is going to be really low unless your table has a built in preamp.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

That Gainsbourg album owns.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Blendy posted:

Dang I might have to jump on that deal. Though I wish i was included. I know a lot of fans dislike it but it's my favorite.

i is also my favorite. I didn't know it was pressed on vinyl.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Blendy posted:

I don't know if it is or not but I'd love to have it on vinyl. I'd also like it if they'd reissue 69 since that RSD release now goes for around $250.

69 Love Songs was my birthday present to myself this time last year. I got it from Rasputin for $90.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Unless you live in San Francisco. I still can't find a drat copy of Hormoaning for less than $50...if anyone has a spare copy and feels like being charitable, let me know. I did get a copy of that Jenny and Johnny single 8 months after release though.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Mine: http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=rapebagel

Edit: Aw man, new page.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

RizieN posted:

I've been meaning to sign up but I don't have the time to actually go through my catalog...

I imagine it'd take all loving day to get it proper, how long did it take most of you guys with fairly sizeable collections?

I have almost 300 records and I did it in one afternoon while I was home from work sick. I took them out in stacks. To my left on the couch was uncatalogued, right in front of me was my laptop, and to my right I'd stack the ones I'd cataloged. I think it took me about 3 and a half hours.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

In Utero is $14 on Best Buy's website if anyone doesn't have a copy of it. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/In+Utero+(Ogv)+-+VINYL/9675162.p?id=2063844&skuId=9675162&st=in%20utero&lp=9&cp=1

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Surfingelectrode posted:

I think I read somewhere that the release might have been canceled.

Can you dig up where you read it by any chance? I was really excited about this and it was the only thing I was going to try to get on RSD. I couldn't find anything suggesting that it wasn't going to be released and it's still listed on Last Gang's website.

LooksLikeABabyRat fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 16, 2012

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Flaggy posted:

I am trying to find a copy of Heady Nuggs, I am guessing that ebay is the best place to do it unless you guys have ideas on a better used record store on the net?

Maybe check on amoeba's website? I feel like I saw one at the SF store last time I was there.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh awesome, the DFA release brought down Last Gang's website right at 10. Clearly lots of people want this, why not print 5 times as many?

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Dacap posted:

Yup, I've been trying to check out but it keeps crashing and making me log back in

Same. If you're going to have a major limited web sale you should... I don't know... make sure your web infrastructure can handle it? Or how about just make enough copies for everyone...? Mine hasn't gone passed the No data received error page for about 10 minutes.

Edit: New page... RSD :psyduck:

LooksLikeABabyRat fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 21, 2012

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

I've gotten logged in and all the way to the check out button, then it logs me out. Sigh.

Edit: I'm jamming out to my Turbonegro record on the floor of my living room smoking cigs with my laptop. It's making me feel better.

OMG it took me to kill the 8's web tools login page... I don't know what the gently caress :psyduck:

LooksLikeABabyRat fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 21, 2012

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Dacap posted:

It keeps loving dropping it from my cart

That happened to me too, then one time when I logged in I had 3 in my cart. YRMV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

I got to shipping options and it says there's no options for my area... (I live in SF btw)

LooksLikeABabyRat fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 21, 2012