Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Oh hey, a vinyl thread. I've been collecting mostly punk and hardcore records for some time now. Here's a few of my more listened to purchases from the past few years:

I completely dorked out when I spotted the Repo Man soundtrack at a Reckless Records nearby, and it's been one of my favorite finds yet. The Cock Sparrer "Shock Troops" LP is a limited reissue, not an original print.

The Evaporators/Andrew W.K. split features a pretty entertaining interview with Andrew W.K. courtesy of Nardwuar the Human Serviette. I should also mention the the Copyrights/Dopamines split's name and cover is a blatant play off of a Big Black album, "Songs About loving".

Here's some close ups:

Cock Sparrer - Shock Troops LP

Bomb The Music Industry! - Goodbye Cool World LP

The Evaporators/Andrew W.K. split 7"

Bust!/The Budgets split 7"

The Copyrights/The Dopamines split 7"

I also have a bunch of hand me downs from my gone-digital dad. He was a huge Who fan, so he's got most of their discography including this gem:

The Who & Various Artists - Quadrophenia Official Soundtrack

And this is what I listen to my stuff on:

An Ion iPTSUB Portable. Nothing special. Also, those speakers were bought from Goodwill, $5 dollars for the pair. As for the receiver, that dates back to the 1980s and used to be my dad's. The shame.

The behemoth of a machine its sitting on is an old radio/record player my friends and I found back in the burbs waiting to be taken away to the trash on garbage night. We hauled it back to my place to find that the radio still works, but the record player on top may be broken beyond all repair. Maybe I'll actually open the old thing up and see what I can do for fix it sometime. For now, it remains good storage for my records and liquor.

Rooney McNibnug fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Skavoovee posted:

Sweet, I don't have that variant of Goodbye Cool World. I do have a test press, the Clear Green with White Swirl and the Asian Man Records repress with the inverted color artwork and new liner notes though :):).

A friend of mine has pretty much every BTMI variant and we have a standing agreement that one day I will send him a suitcase full of cash for them.

That test press sounds awesome. Do you have a picture of it?

I'm a huge BTMI fan, and I own most of their stuff on vinyl. In fact, I just pre-ordered their new LP, "Vacation". I think I remember the site saying the vinyl is purple and orange. And every pre-order comes with a free shirt!

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

Not an Anthem posted:

Whats up Chicago punk/oi collector.

Just took a trip to new orleans and tried to stay away from record stores but while biking past russell's rare records on magazine street I had to pop in, pretty big store with a few rooms of jazz, blues, rock, western, etc.

Iron City Houserockers - Get Out Alive
Continentals - Fizzy Pop
Waylon Jennings - Just To Satisfy You
Waylon Jennings - Love of the Common People
Slaughter - Bite Back
PJ and the Terrorists - first ep
Buddy Holly - The great Buddy Holly
Bill Haley and the Comets - Rockin
Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders - Game of Love
Carl Perkins - Sun Story vol 3
Procol Harum - Whiter Shade of Pale
Herman's Hermits - Blaze
Cream - Goodbye
Cream - Live Cream
Supertramp - Indelibly Stamped
Johnny Cash - Everybody Loves a Nut
Alexis Korner - Bootleg Him!

Cream records were those lovely taiwanese bootlegs, just wanted em for kicks

So if you haven't been to a little place called Bucket 'O Blood in Logan Square yet, I urge you to stop by. It's pretty much my personal paradise: Punk vinyl, and a huge selection of books from the horror, sci-fi, and classic-lit genres. It's right off of the California Blue Line stop, you can't miss it.

The stuff there is decently priced, and its a lot more lenient than some of the chain stores. Plus, the owner (Marc) is the nicest dude. I talked to him for hours about classic horror films and local punk bands.