Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Got 3 albums on the way - Coheed's new one, Atmosphere's Seven's Travels, and deM atlaS's Bad Actress.

Pretty excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

delivered this week:

Coheed & Cambria - Vaxis Act 2
Atmosphere - Seven's Travels
deM atlaS - Bad Actress

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
It was my bday on sunday and that means time to spend some money I got on vinyl

waiting for my deliveries of

Bright Eyes - Letting Off The Happiness & Down In The Weeds, Where The World Once Was
Eisley - Room Noises
Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Etc.
Alkaline Trio - Is This Thing Cursed
Aaron West And The Roaring Twenties - Routine Maintenance
The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die - Illusory Walls

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Got part of my orders in:
Bright Eyes - Down In The Weeds, Where The World Once Was
The World Is a Beautiful Place - Illusory Walls
Eisley - Room Noises
Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Etc.
Alkaline Trio - Is This Thing Cursed

Amazon sent me 2 copies of the Alkaline Trio album even though I only ordered one.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I really like how this Spanish Love Songs record looks

it's clear so you can see some of the design of my Minus The Bear turntable mat but the record itself is nice. I like the white splatter and the green blob.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Against my better (financial) judgment I've got more records on the way

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_D's Pee At State's End
GY!BE - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven
Coheed & Cambria - No World For Tomorrow
Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts
NieR Replicant - 10+1 Years box set (4xLP)

I already have the other NieR boxset (my first vinyl purchase), definitely needed to get this one too.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Saw Coheed And Cambria tonight and Mothica was their opener.

Bought her album and got it signed.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Today's deliveries:

Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts
Turnover - Peripheral Vision

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I had some Evangelion (the anime) vinyl ordered months ago but they didn't have enough stock I guess so I forgot about it and yesterday they just charged me and shipped it so I guess they got more in stock.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Evangelion-Finally-Vinyl-Soundtrack

Pretty excited.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
got the L.S. Dunes debut album. Love the blue. It's got a marbled look to it that doesn't come across as nicely in picture as it does in person, but it's also not as marbled as the store preview picture did. This was the 1500 limited pressing, as well, but I also think the standard orange vinyl pressing they did looks nice too, at least in the store preview.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
my copy of Bright Eyes - Lifted Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground got shipped. Pretty excited, I preordered the yellow/black pressing a while back. Pretty excited, it'll be the fourth album of Bright Eyes I've bought on vinyl.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
bought this https://www.fangamer.com/collections/atlus/products/shin-megami-tensei-iii-nocturne-vinyl-soundtrack-box-set and I really hope the presentation in person looks as good as the mockups because it looks fantastic.

Also ordered Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning which is just a step closer to having every Bright Eyes album on vinyl.

For gifts, I ordered Jeff Rosenstock's SKA DREAM for my sister for xmas.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

spinst posted:

Bright Eyes represses arrived today!

I also got the same ones, my Lifted came like a week ago and Wide Awake came yesterday. Very excited.

I also got Jeff Rosenstock's SKA DREAM as a xmas gift for my sister, that came yesterday.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
My Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne boxset came in and I gotta say, presentation wise this might be the nicest thing I have vinyl-wise. It looks gorgeous (sorry some of the pics are a tad blurry/out of focus). I'm not sure how it sounds, the soundtrack for the PS2 game and recent remaster is notoriously compressed sounding, so it might sound lovely but it's still a great soundtrack and this set is awesome.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Got my copies of I Hate Myself's Ten Songs although it's technically eleven on this release (standard black) and Origami Angel's Gami Gang (looks like a cool beach ball)

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
My buddy got me Scott Pilgrim for xmas (and I didn't get to see him till last friday so I just got this). Vinyl is a translucent orange.

and then a few days ago I ordered Pet Symmetry's Future Suits for myself, just got it out of the mailbox tonight. Vinyl is a smoky translucent grey.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
And to go with my Scott Pilgrim The Game vinyl, I just ordered the movie's original score double LP.

And I worked on it a few weeks ago but I've got my collection (albeit only 60-ish so far but growing) in a list on discogs if anyone wants to look at what I've got so far and judge me for my bad taste!

https://www.discogs.com/user/KujoJoestar/collection?page=1

I've actually got 2 that are signed, my Good Kid EP (which was signed when ordered online) and Mothica's Blue Hour which I bought and got signed personally by her after I saw her open for Coheed & Cambria this summer.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Ordered some PUP albums but only Unraveling Of PUPTheBand has come so far. The Dream Is Over is on its way still.

Also ordered American Football LP3 which won't be here till thursday.

Unraveling looks great

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

caligulamprey posted:

Stop me from buying any more records, I have to stop:

There is no stopping.

I have Queen's Greatest Hits on the way today, for my mom who recently got diagnosed with dementia. I thought maybe we could share this, my vinyl obsession and her favorite band. Plus it's Queen.

I also have Sunny Day Real Estate's Diary on the way

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I do all my vinyl buying online but today I went to a record store and ended up picking up Sage Francis - Personal Journals and Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yanqui UXO. My fiancee bought me The Academy Is - Almost Here for my bday in July which means I don't get it till then.

Great store, too. Dearborn Music in Dearborn, MI

Edit:
Holy crap the color on this vinyl is cool as heck

It's the 20th anniversary edition from last year

RubberLuffy fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 20, 2023

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I bought the 20th anniversary edition of The Postal Service's Give Up, even though I already own the remastered edition from a few years ago. Worth it though, it's a perfect album.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I ordered a copy of Fuckin' Whatever's self titled EP, which is Anthony Green (Circa Survive, Saosin, L.S. Dunes), Adam Lazzara (Taking Back Sunday), John Nolan (TBS, Straylight Run) and some minor percussion by Benjamin Homola (Grouplove). There's no guitars or anything, just the percussion by Ben and vocals by the other 3. It's interesting, I've only listened to side A so far, and it was pretty good. I'm a big Anthony fan and I love TBS and Straylight Run as well, so a kinda stripped back collab is pretty neat to me.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Saw The Sonder Bombs in Detroit last night and grabbed a copy of their first album Modern Female Rock Star and I got it signed by the band.

The band was super nice, especially Willow the lead singer.

Their previous show was in Chicago and their catalytic converter got stolen.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Converge announced today they're doing a vinyl release of a live performance of Jane Doe, called Jane Live. Pre-orders for a release in July.

Definitely interested in grabbing this but I just bought The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die's 10 anniversary release of Whenever, If Ever.

https://deathwishinc.com/collections/converge/products/converge-jane-live-ashley-rose-couture

and the more limited Newbury variants

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/vendors?q=Converge&sort_by=created-descending

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Saw Good Kid tonight in Detroit and got their third EP, signed.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Ordered a copy of The Format's Interventions & Lullabies 20th anniversary from VMP.

Also is anyone familiar with Newbury Comics? I was looking and they have some great color variants for a lot of albums I want, but I don't know them. I guess they're a chain store in the New England area? They have Blue Sky Noise by Circa Survive I might go for.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
My copy of The Hotelier's Goodness came and gently caress disc 1 is warped as hell, and side A gets stuck in a loud popping loop near the end. I emailed the place I bought it from (Steadfast Records), but who knows what they'll do. Their site says they only have 1 copy remaining and I'm not buying another one.

My copy of Oso Oso's Real Stories of True People, Who Kind of Looked Like Monsters came also.

And I ordered 2 Get Up Kids albums from Newbury and those came as well, both glow in the dark which is just a weird gimmick but they were in the under-15$ section so not really a big deal. Those also arrived.

My copy of The Format's Interventions And Lullabies has been stuck in Lansing, MI for like 2 days now, however.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

joylessdivision posted:

Don't feel too bad, I ordered like 3 or 4 records from a place in Oakland. I live very close to Oakland.

Somehow, through the brilliance of the USPS, they went to Berkeley, then LA, and then to me. serves me right for being a lazy rear end in a top hat I suppose :v:

I just checked and it's now in Detroit. I live like an hour northwest of Detroit. Lansing is like an hour and a half west of me. It spent the weekend in Grand Rapids which is like 2 hours west. Before it was in GR, it was in Pontiac which I live very close to. It originally came from North Carolina.

This record has spent like 5 extra days traveling Michigan for no reason. I have no idea what the USPS is doing.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

everything I ordered finally came.

Oso Oso - Real Stories Of True People, Who Kind Of Looked Like Monsters (half black half purple vinyl)
The Hotelier - Goodness (yes I censored this because it's a group of fully nude 70 year olds and I'd rather not risk it when sharing this) (2xLP one blue and one orange)
The Format - Interventions And Lullabies (blue with yellow splatter)
The Get Up Kids - Guilt Show and On A Wire (both green glow in the dark)

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Went to a store called Found Sound in Ferndale MI today and grabbed The Mars Volta's De-Loused In The Comatorium. Nice shop, good selections. Almost grabbed Bright Eyes - Fevers And Mirrors but grabbed TMV instead.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Made some orders, got 1 so far

Armor For Sleep - What To Do When You Are Dead showed up the other day
Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning is on it's way, it's the Vagrant Records 25th anniversary pressing
The Postal Service - Everything Will Change, just announced live album from their 2013 reunion show, doesn't ship til September

and I just got notice that my copy of Thrice's The Artist In The Ambulance 20th Anniversary Re-visited finally shipped. According to Reddit, it got delayed because the lyrics paper had an accidental backwards print job, whoops.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
After ordering it in 2021, my Persona 4 soundtrack from IAm8bit just shipped

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

pwn posted:

...holy poo poo? I applaud your patience.

I knew I was "wave 2" of shipping just didn't think that meant getting it July 2023.

I ordered it in December 2021.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
my Hot Mulligan came, but more importantly my Persona 4 just showed up at my door

also, I ordered some more

Anthony Green - Young Legs 10th anniversary
Brand New - Deja Entendu
Brand New - The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://mondoshop.com/pages/the-record-shop

Mondo restocked their Castlevania game soundtracks.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Today's deliveries:

Brand New - Deja Entendu
Brand New - The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me
Suikoden II soundtrack

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
grabbed some stuff from Newbury

I grabbed the Bartees album since I heard a song of his from a different album I liked on Spotify, and this one was like 11 bucks. Love the colors, album not bad either!

Elliott is Elliott. I've heard this album a million times and I love this color on the vinyl.

I also ordered a copy of his album XO on amazon but that's coming in like a week.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Went to Dearborn Music today since my birthday is tomorrow, walked out with this.

Bought for myself:
American Football - LP2
Bright Eyes - Fevers and Mirrors

Bought for me by fiancee:
The Academy Is - Almost Here
JoJos Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind OST 1

I was looking through the indie section and my fiancee was trying to get my attention and I'm engrossed, like "honey give me a sec" and I finally turn around and see the JoJo OST on the wall display and she's like "you see it right?"

Quite a fun find that I didnt even know was on vinyl let alone expecting to find it in some store in Dearborn MI.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Put some Mike Kinsella orders in today:

American Football - American Football (aka LP1)
Owen - No Good For No One Now
Cap'n Jazz - Analphabetapolothology

Also went to Sad Summer Fest on Tuesday and got Hot Mulligan's You'll Be Fine

And I have Bright Eyes - Digital Ash In A Digital Urn already on its way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Today's delivery, 3 albums featuring (or just) Mike Kinsella and then the solo album by The Wonder Years vocalist

the Dan Campbell album looks cool