Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Got some codes from some recent vinyl so have at it

Owen, American Football, and Death Cab For Cutie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
official X-Files vinyl

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
went to the Excellency Music Fest in Bay City, MI yesterday and got to see a bunch of cool emo/punk bands, but mostly went to see Rare Candy, a folky-pop artist from Chicago who makes really catchy songs. I got to talk to him a bunch, bought a shirt and a hat, as well as a vinyl of his that's 2 of his EPs combined. And he signed it for me. Pretty good day.

Also bought Have Mercy's first album The Earth Pushed Back. They were one of the top billed bands.

It was a cool event but the Masonic Temple it took place in had poor ventilation so it was way hotter inside than outside, especially with all the people and equipment.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Went to Dearborn Music Farmington location and picked up thread fav Pacific Breeze (3), and also some Coheed.

There was a farmers market going on right outside so my fiancee and I got some fruits and bread.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Got some records in

The Postal Service - Everything Will Change (live album)

Have Mercy - Make The Best Of It

Saves The Day - Stay What You Are

also upgraded from my Audio Technica LP60 to a LP120

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Bought some stuff recently. Some pre-orders from June/July showed up this month, grabbed some other stuff online, and some impulse buys at Dearborn Music.

I was most excited for The Blood Brothers because I didn't even know it had a release in like August, and it was sold out online at a few retailers but then I just happened to see online that my local record store had it, so I ordered it for pickup immediately.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Finally got a new desk for my records and turntable. Grabbed a nice one from Amazon a while ago just haven't been able to put it together til today.

I've had the Polk speakers for years and they're good enough for now but they're my next upgrade when the time/money is right.

The Pioneer Elite A/V receiver was a gift from my ex's dad, it does its job and was free so hey, had that for like 3 years.

Just got the Audio Technica LP120 like a month ago.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Got a copy of Refused's The Shape Of Punk To Come getting delivered today. Pretty excited.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

CaptainBeefart posted:

I'm seeing Bear Vs Shark show for the 20th anniversary celebration (😓) of Right Now, You're In The Best Of Hands... in Detroit on Saturday and I'm hoping they'll have some records at the merch booth.

ah poo poo why didn't I know about this, I'd kill for a copy of Terrorhawk. Would have loved to make it to that show, i'm like 15 minutes away, but pretty broke atm, plus some other issues. Have a great time!!

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Got some Xmas money from the in-laws so I headed over to the local record store

grabbed

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News
Circa Survive - Two Dreams
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation
Bright Eyes - The People's Key

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Recently got Circa Survive's Juturna and Youth Fountain's Together In Loneseome

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
My favorite album is getting it's 20th anniversary edition

https://circletakesthesquare.bigcartel.com/product/lp-20th-anniversary-as-the-roots-undo

I already have a pressing from like 7 years ago but I am gonna order one of these.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
My 20th anniversary As The Roots Undo by Circle Takes The Square showed up today.

I also got a card from the bassist thanking me, which is nice.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Came out last friday but my copy came today. Great album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYxDp7iJ9MU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
It's the 16th anniversary of losing my dad, so I put on the album that helped get me through it, Atmosphere's When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That poo poo Gold. It features the song Yesterday (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJUD0rEPWM), which I usually only listen to on this day because of how heavy and relevant it is to me. Fantastic album all around, amazing production by Ant and storytelling/rapping by Slug. That album came out 2 weeks before my dad died and Yesterday is usually my only skip on the album because that song gets play usually only on this day.

Anyway, about the actual physical record, the weirdest thing about the release I have is it's the 10 anniversary pressing from 2018, which features scratch-and-sniff labels on the record themselves. They give off a lemon scent. It's actually not bad, I listened to it today and before putting it on the player I gave it a smell and yeah, still lemony. I think it's a neat little gimmick, however I'm not sure how long scratch'n'sniff aspect of it will last. Apparently stickers like that can still give off the scent for decades? Either way, I'm into it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

digitalist posted:

I have a similar relationship with that song. :hai: Atmosphere helped me through a lot of garbage, God loves ugly and You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having especially, and tracks like the The Woman with the Tattooed Hands have a permanent place etched in my mind from having them endlessly on repeat. One of the first groups I went out of my way to get every vinyl from, wel, I tried. I even managed to get my hands on this,

The Fun EP (Happy Clown Bad Dub Eight)

which Discogs tells me isn't that rare but last couple times I looked I could never find the tracks on youtube or anywhere else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGKZ39tbEc0

Lucy Ford hit hard. I can also thank Atmosphere for being my gateway into indie hip hop.

Yeah, Yesterday is one of 2 songs that I felt were cosmically aligned to release when I needed them. The other is "Smahccked My Head Awf" by Hot Mulligan from their album Why Would I Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic9mzeSN-yQ, which is about lead singer Tades Sanville dealing with his grandmother's dementia. It came out in May of last year, and just a few months earlier in January my mom was diagnosed. I was really struggling with how I was supposed to feel, and just lost and angry and rude. That song put things in perspective. I can listen to it whenever I get frustrated with mom-related things and it re-centers me. My album of last year.

Two songs that came out right when I needed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
The Blood Brothers are doing a 20th anniversary pressing of Crimes plus a reunion tour.

https://epitaph.store/product/27490/crimes-2xlp-collectors-edition-blackbaby-blue

already got my order in. I was just listening to Burn Piano Island, Burn over the weekend and wondering if Crimes would get a re-release