Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I scored the Pearl Jam, broken social scene and Boris/sunno)))) got skunked on tswift, but found a half off copy of comus first utterance. So mostly a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

forgetting where I was, my first thought was, "someone needs to tell the vinyl thread."

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I received a copy of Donuts today, that I completely forgot I ordered when it was super cheap on amazon a while back, so that's a pleasant surprise

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

drhankmccoyphd posted:

What does everyone think of this altp-120 as an entry level player for someone looking to get into the hobby? Budget is 300 usd.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP120-USB-Direct-Drive-Professional-USB/dp/B002S1CJ2Q

Edit: 300 budget for the player. Undecided on budget for speaker(s)

That’s what I use. Tech moan has a good guide on building a stereo system on the cheap that worked for me at the start of the pandemic. I did buy the speakers and turntable new, but with patience and eBay watching I was able to put together a decent little system for under 300.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

drhankmccoyphd posted:

Thanks do you have a link to the guide?

Also thanks to posters above

It’s a four part series

https://youtu.be/lSY1iZqH118

Might be a little dated in terms of specific suggestions but a good watch

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got my copy of Speak Now taylor's version. I'll report back later on if it's the cursed version or not*

*it's cursed becausea bunch of them accidentally had Happy Land: A Compendium of Electronic Music from the British Isles 1992-1996 (Vol 1) pressed on them

edit:plain old regular taylor's version

Ambitious Spider fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 21, 2023

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dorium posted:

free aphex twin code

grabbed it. Thanks much!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I have so much I haven't listened to. I really should buy less things impulsively.

In a non impulsive purchase, I pre-ordered the signed edition of the new Green Lung record.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TheMightyBoops posted:

There’s a lot of jazz from Japan that should get vinyl reissues because of the time they came out. I’m specifically mad about Hiromi’s Spiral. It wants to be on a turntable.

Ooh I just discovered her and ended up buying a few cds cheap on eBay.

Cds are great but at the very least I can rip them and throw them in my ssd modded ipod.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There’s a couple of things but I don’t know if it’s enough to get me out on Black Friday. Enon believo is an album I haven’t thought about in a very long time, but I remember liking it.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Got an email that the Hiromi vinyl I pre-ordered has been pushed back a month.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I'm definitely tempted

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
sound of vinyl is having another 0 dollar just pay shipping sale

https://thesoundofvinyl.us/collecti...,4XNHTA,1ATC8,1

shipping seems to be more than the last go round though, so kind of kills it for me

Ambitious Spider fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 16, 2023

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
had to drop my pup st the groomers so I swung by a record store. Picked up Rilo Kiley, the hold steady single, And Charly Bliss' Supermoon and Young enough at 50% off. Not a bad little haul. No Konami record though

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Only vinyl I got for Christmas was Tim-Let it Bleed edition, but it rules so no complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CaptainBeefart posted:

I finally hit up Ron's Records on my way back fromy parents place for lunch. Nice little shop and they have more deep cuts than I expected, buy one get one half off deal was nice today.

I'm going to be doing a set at a local brewery for the solar eclipse on April 8, I am looking forward to it.

Z is such a great record.