Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Sadly, that doesn't save anyone from mastering CDs to sound like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

No, of course not. But the vinyl record sounding better than the CD/digital is still a thing that happens. In most cases, the sound of an LP vs. a CD isn't determined by the technical superiority of either format.

Peggotty fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 19, 2014

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

BigFactory posted:

CD is clearly the technically superior format, and "sounding better" is a really subjective qualification.

Yes, that's why I said that even though a CD is technically superior, it can still suffer from lovely mastering. And occasionally, the vinyl sounds better. And yes, of course that's subjective, pretty much everything that influences my purchase of a record is subjective.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I've never really done RSD, is there a way to get a specific release? There are like 20 record stores in my city, do I just call them all to ask if they're going to get the Malfunkshun LP?

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I bought the RSD colourway of the new Pearl Jam album and the Hives' Black and White album. And after looking for the Malfunkshun 2LP in a bunch of stores without any luck (this one was the reason I went), I found out that it was North America exclusive lol. Looks like there will be a EU release in July though.