Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

marjorie posted:

Girl Talk - Feed the Animals. I'm seeing him next month, so stoked.

If you could do everyone a favor and kidnap him until he makes a new mash-up record I would appreciate it very much

All Day is one of my very favorite albums and it makes me so sad we don’t have another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Is there a website that just tells you when new records are released on vinyl? Now that new releases are almost completely decoupled from when they’re pressed it’s a pain to try and figure out when stuff I want is actually coming out aside from following artists on Twitter and getting lucky seeing the announcements. Does Discogs have something like that?

I just ordered an album from last summer and an album from last fall this week and the only reason I knew to was because I saw a tweet for the former and thought “man I’m still pissed that Silk Sonic isn’t on vinyl yet” and googled to see if there were any announcements for the latter

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

incoherent posted:

I was mirin my records on discogs and found a surf curse record spiked to trips in the last two years or so. I had to dig and found out they were partially me-too'd and were dropped by their record label.

So anyway, what horrors of profitability haunt your guys' collections? Difficulty: No (charles) manson.

Apparently the allegations were unfounded or retracted. They seem to be playing gigs and they played coachella...which wouldn't book em if they felt the situation was bad.

The first couple records I bought at a thrift shop were a pair of comedy records from well respected comedians I liked: Steve Martin and Bill Cosby

I tossed the Cosby record in the trash a few years back after I remembered I had it after the trial had started? gently caress that guy

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

BigFactory posted:

He’s an evil person but those old bill Cosby records are funny and heartwarming.

as long as you don’t get one where he talks about Spanish fly

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

caligulamprey posted:

I've been feeling the same way so I very specifically started up a game of Persona 5 Royal because there's a looooooot of dungeon crawling you can do with the sound on mute while you blast records.

This is funny because I would do things that aren’t gaming (writing papers/working) and then put on my Persona 5 Royal vinyl boxset

That soundtrack slaps is what I’m saying

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

It’s no longer online because it predates the internet and they had to actually remove it from circulation but Disney made ads and a trailer for The Tigger Movie with Semi-Charmed Life, which I guess is one answer to why Tigger has so much energy

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Learned today one of the albums I’ve had on my wishlist for a while (Melodrama) has been reprinted and then when I went to browse the discogs store I ordered it from I saw loving Alive 2007 also got released on vinyl this year, what a loving get that album is perfect

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

CPL593H posted:

But yeah I'm hoping before the collapse (or at least before I get shoved in the cattle car with the rest of the homos) records go the way of Beanie Babies so I can scoop up all kinds of poo poo for dirt cheap like a deranged record goblin.

You and NBC both brother

Read After Burning posted:

I got three future funk albums in the mail today (Dan Mason, Saint Pepsi, and Yung Bae) and I'm happy as hell.

My local place has a couple Death Grips albums I don't have yet...fingers crossed they'll still be there this weekend.:getin:

Which Saint Pepsi album? I only have the (amazing, wonderful) album he put out as Skylar Spence

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Read After Burning posted:

Just listened to these three: you're right that I've absolutely heard Creep (both on the radio and via covers), but Paranoid Android and Karma Police are definitely new to me! Never heard 'em before just now.

I'm not intending to be a smug hipster about this! :kiddo: There's just huge weird media blindspots I have (for example, I've managed to have never seen a Jeff Goldblum movie, including JP).

I’m pretty sure liking Radiohead is actually on the smug hipster pre-test, you can’t really be one unless you have opinions in OK Computer

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/EmmaVomit/status/1688929662251253762?s=20

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Restock alert for the MFSL edition of the only worthwhile Weezer album: https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/w...fsaAmisEALw_wcB

this isn’t raditude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Frozen Peach posted:

New local record store opened near me. They're called Pizza Records, and put my records in a pizza box after I bought them. Brilliant.

I like to think someone got really high one night, ordered a pizza, accidentally put one of their records in the lid of the box and wrote down “PIZZA RECORDS!?!?” and now here we are