Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cthulhukid
Jun 1, 2001

Surfingelectrode posted:

End of An Ear got 40 copies and are now down to around 15. If you want one, call them as soon as possible.
I live within walking distance of this place it rules. Actually I just got back from my weekly trip. Scored:
Bedhead - Lepidoptera 10"
Noveller/unFact split 12"
Nadja - Sky Burial 12"
Johann Johannsson - The Miner's Hymns LP

Someone just sold them a load of original SPK and Death In June records. I like them but not $50-$70 like them.

They also do nearly daily youtube updates of flipping through their incoming used stock. It's a pretty sweet way to see if there's anything of interest for their dedicated customers. Do any other stores do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulhukid
Jun 1, 2001
Welp, finally had the Texas heat warp a record beyond playability in the mail. Probably lucky it hasn't happened more often, but guess I shouldn't skimp on media mail during the summer anymore :(

cthulhukid
Jun 1, 2001

Socket Ryanist posted:

PS: the less they sell of a release, the more they have to charge for it. Economies of scale and all.
1000 isn't a small print run, and it IS pricey even for the packaging/color (I bought one), but they basically self-release along with Makeup And Vanity Set on their "label" so they don't have access to a lot of resources for this sort of thing. The price his high but probably not unreasonable. They'll probably repress it cheaper on black anyway.

Protomen fans DO have a lot of disposable income, though. Their DVD kickstarter hit like $35k in a week. If they can squeeze that a little, good for them.

cthulhukid
Jun 1, 2001

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Me too :ssh: Those things are cool as hell.
Well maybe you are in luck http://www.discogs.com/Andrew-Liles-Importunate-Suggestions-Of-Impropriety-/release/2123009