Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
I swear I had set a reminder for myself to pledge to the Firewatch vinyl kickstarter. It was an unfortunate surprise to pull up the page about 10 minutes after it had ended though.

Now to spend the next few months convincing the collector side of me not to pay ridiculous prices for it on discogs when it starts to pop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

pwn posted:

If you'd like some of that Buffett vibe but (like me) cannot stand Buffett, give my mans Sloppy Joe a try.

https://sloppyjoeandthecruise.bandcamp.com/album/keep-on-cruisin

I dug this and bought a copy myself. A friend of mine just informed me that Sloppy Joe probably wasn't real and it's a Dr.Dog related project. Doesn't take anything away from it for me, though.

I spin the Klyfta album about once a week and that one has a fabricated background, too.

https://schlarb.bandcamp.com/album/cosmic-pilgrimage-the-klyfta-tapes-1972-1975

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

McCoy Pauley posted:

Unrelated, thanks to whoever it was earlier mentioned getting the Girl Talk albums. This just arrived, in about half the time the website predicted, and it is immensely pleasing:

Time to listen to the utter perfection that is Jay Z mashed up with General Public.
Did the illegal art website get wiped from the internet just as I decided that I needed this?

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
I tried to get a Danzig and got Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Live in 1960. It's quite an upgrade.

I do wish that I had the opportunity to order more than one album the night this was happening. Oh well.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

Arcella posted:

Looks like BBE is doing/has done represses of their "J Jazz Deep Modern Jazz from Japan" series of albums.

and a pretty neat book up on Light in the Attic, kinda wished I hadn't blown my Christmas money on other stuff there last week.

I need to stop looking at this thread. It's the worst (best) enabler.