Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Barry posted:

I bought an LPBIN so I will let my good friends in this good thread know how it is when it arrives.

this costs a stupid amount of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

A human heart posted:

Why wouldn't you just get a second hand shelf or something

cause it owns to overpay for simple everyday objects

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Barry posted:

Tremble before my ostentatious display of luxury goods and economic power vis a vis a $250 piece of particle board furniture, goons

it looks stupid and it was too expensive for what it is, sorry for your loss

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i have the ikea shelf everyone else has

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Barry posted:

If you know something that's the same but better and/or cheaper, by all means let me know.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/528306235/stained-lp-display-crate?ref=market

two of these and you're done for a quarter of the price. pick your own finish and you could spend the remainder on something to put them on/in that doesn't look like it came from a record store liquidation.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
or you could get on my level

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
better and/OR cheaper, read the fine print. i have satisfied the requirements laid before me even if i picked some etsy poo poo off google

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Dogen posted:

same, although I put legs on it to be extra cool

this is a pretty good idea for using the larger one on its side

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i have a 4x2 and a 2x2

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i only needed to see that pic one time to not get one of the big fuckers

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

BigFactory posted:

Why does this thread get the least funny sarcastic posts? Are other threads like this? Am I missing it cause I don't read gbs?

this is where they send old worn out trolls like me to lob easy burns and wait to die

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
there's a guy at the music festival I'm at with a few crates of records. they're fine records but the prices are amazingly bad, 15-20 dollars over normal prices.

his booth was swarming with dudes in tank tops and plastic sunglasses getting taken for a ride though so more power to him.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Barry posted:

http://imgur.com/a/fkw3c

In case anyone cares, here's a few pictures of that much maligned LPbin I picked up a little while ago. I'm not exactly Ansel Adams, sorry about the kinda crappy pictures. Not much to say - it's exactly what I expected and I like it. Particleboard with a veneer. Had to put it together and took about an hour. Generally seems well designed and solid. I haven't moved everything into it yet, but it doesn't feel unbalanced at all with just having the top full. I forgot to click on the shelf liner option when I ordered it so I'll have to put something in there to keep the records from sliding around.

im glad you like it but those pics are giving me whatever the reverse is of an interior design boner

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
the cartridge that comes with it will probably be rear end and need to be replaced but otherwise it's fine

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
Yeah no disrespect I'm certain that dude raked it in which I support

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

his signature looks like a stray pube

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
merch from prfbbq louisville and some record store grabs

a couple download codes. the one without a artist or album title is the cell phones - no

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

beefnoodle posted:

Bought a pack of 25 LPs on eBay, mostly 80s pop, some punk, some punk compilations, and a 12" single. With shipping, came to under $3 each.

some of those are very funny but some are also good

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
interesting how many of these are posthumous, i wonder if record store day has been a boon to the estates of some of these guys. first time ive noticed it but its probably been this way for a while

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
very strange

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
they look cool

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Papa John Misty posted:

It's Tool so yeah it sounds like poo poo

ooo got em

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
guests dont give a poo poo about yr records

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
when 16 year olds in led zeppelin shirts from target stop paying 50 dollars for them they'll stop charging 50 dollars for them