Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The new King Gizzard album has a locked groove at the end of side B and a hidden track right behind it. My copy shows up today, so can't wait to check that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

JAMOOOL posted:

on the regular or extended version? I just ordered the extended one because I knew if I got the regular I'd regret it

AFAIK it's just the standard version, and turns out there are actually locked grooves and hidden tracks on both sides on that one. I bought both versions because I'm a whore, so listening to extended now to see if they are on there. Visual inspection didn't look promising though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD7zcCX8F1c

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 2, 2023

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Am I crazy for considering picking one of these up?

https://vylumi.com/

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Good candidate for the gift suggestion list I guess. Kinda cool but hard to justify buying for myself.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Finally got my Red Rocks boxset in, here's the haul from the past few weeks:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Been doing a Gizzmas advent thing where you listen to all 25 KGLW albums leading up to Christmas. My wife, seeing this, caved and gave me one of my gifts early, a Vylumi LED backlight record display. It's pretty sick

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Heath posted:

Is this Murder of the Universe?

alien warp drive variant of Nonagon Infinity

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It's a Holiday Soul Party by Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings is my second favorite Christmas album, behind Charlie Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL19eKEa3CY

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

Anyone in here have multiple setups? I have my one single turntable up in my living room hooked up to my tv receiver, but i feel like I want to stick another one back in my office/gamer zone too, because I'd absolutely listen to more records that way. Is this total stupidity? I mean it is, but like, I'm sure people have done it. It's nice right?

Absolutely! I've got my main setup out in the front room:

But I picked up a Sound Burger and do probably 80% of my listening on my little office setup now:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

Where did you get your shelving? I’ve seen Kallax-alikes and have some but not with the narrower top shelf

It's actually from Ikea, part of the Obegränsad collection. It's basically a Kallax with that extra shelf on top. Sadly, looks like it was a limited time run. Hopefully they bring it back, because it's pretty much perfect.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

pwn posted:

King Giz collection nearly complete!! :xd:

Those are just the Polygondwanaland variants!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

JAMOOOL posted:

well I did something cool I hosted a vinyl night at a local bar where I set up two turntables and a mixer and brought about 40 records and encouraged people to bring in their own. I honestly did not expect anyone to but a bunch of people did! so my "set" was like 40% random poo poo people took with them, which was good because I kind of ran out of things to play by the end! (it was 4 hours though) all the stuff that was brought owned too, I got two King Gizzard records and they both ruled, some weird Fripp & Summers insane disco thing (??), Kraftwerk's Radioactivity, a Hall & Oates cut that actually was good, a random blues record which was okay but something I could mix out of, and some other stuff I forgot about. I am pretty sure I made some transitions that have never been made before in human history

That does sound like a great time. I'd be kinda paranoid taking my albums to a bar, but I suppose anyone that came up with an idea like this would be good at handling them.

Out of curiosity, do you know which two Gizz albums they brought?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Achilles surgery has kept me from hitting up any record shops for the past month+, so here's new stuff I've got in the mail recently.

Hoping to pick up some more Ty Segall stuff at his show in a few months.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I Might Be Adam posted:

Great spread of good stuff. I really like that Thee Oh Sees/Osees album even if it's not their best. I just appreciate the dip into Devo territory.

Thanks! I've just started dipping my toes into Oh Sees within the past year or so, what are some of your fave albums?

I, Butthole posted:

I've taken the same tack to Oh Sees stuff as I did for King Gizzard - live albums only.

That said, if there's a Devo swerve I gotta get on that.

Hah, yeah with Ohsees stuff there is just so much it's hard to know where to jump in, just like KGLW but somehow I think he has more albums?!

Problem with only going live releases is they don't play some of their best stuff live. Butterfly 3000 is a top 3 album for me, and I think they've only played one track off it so far.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 16, 2024

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Got my walking boot off this week, so I'm finally able to hit up local shops again.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Megabound posted:

For Aussies, JB HiFi are having a deep sale on the Soundburger.

:getin:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Frozen Peach posted:

BURGER!!!! My girlfriend got me a burger!!!!

:hellyeah:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Saw a great Ty Segall show last night. First concert post achilles surgery, so I may have gone a little nuts at the merch table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I always feel like an rear end in a top hat pulling out my phone to check discogs in a shop, because I don't want to look like a flipper scumbag. My poo poo rear end memory pretty much necessitates it though, I've bought too many duplicate albums not to.