Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Are you ready for an ORGAN SOLO?!
Hey guys not to backseat mod, but if you're going to be selling stuff can you just post a thread in SA-mart and link back here? That way this doesn't turn into a whole buying/selling clusterfuck of posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I sent him a message saying "I hope you're joking. No one's going to pay you $4000 for that. You'd be lucky to get $40."

He replied "cool"

"ThAnK yOU VeRy MucH FoR LoOkINg "

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

thebigpicture posted:

Just got a 25% of vinyl coupon from Newbury Comics in their e-mail newsletter. Good until 12/21 for all of us in New England (retail stores only).

http://imgur.com/b5FQy

I came here to post this. Stoked.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

LtTennisBall posted:

look at that. can I print it out from there? I never actually subscribed to the newsletter.

Probably, or just show it to them on your phone if you have a smart phone. The coupon code is the same on the email I received so it's not like it's a unique number for each customer.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Selling my receiver and X-posting this from the Boston thread (would rather not have to ship this that's all):

We upgraded over xmas and so my Onkyo TX-8255 needs a new home. Asking $150. It has a decent built in phono pre amp.

Specs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882120128

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

cosmicjim posted:

Since this isn't SAmart, I feel completely justified in busting your balls for that price, for a private sell that wouldn't have ebay fees in our beloved vinyl thread, since it auctions for less shipped on ebay. Merry Christmas;) It is a nice receiver.

It's just the asking price. I'm pretty flexible, especially for folks who are willing to do local pick up.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

cosmicjim posted:

I'm trying to do that, also. But I just impulse purchased a record for 19$ shipped, yesterday.(Kinks - village green preservation society).

Been looking for that one for a reasonable price for some time. Lucky.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

kylej posted:

Lord Huron's Mighty EP. One man band who creates some beautiful music and his own artwork - this is a jungle themed... indie rock? (whatever) record. Imagine if Panda Bear injected The Lion King into his veins and made a record.

listen - http://lordhuron.bandcamp.com/releases

Quite lovely. Thanks for the find.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Heads up to any White Stripes super collectors. I saw a Sympathy for the Record Industry pressing of De Stjil at the Armageddon Shop in Cambridge for 29.99.

Not a super collector but that's my favorite LP of their's....tempting.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Dmitri-9 posted:

I payed $50 but according to popsike it usually sells for $40.

I've been wanting to get that for some time but I can't bring myself to pay shipping from Australia. I was hoping they'd be selling copies on their US tour, but no dice. :sigh:

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Factory posted:

No, It was completely out of the blue :/

That seems really shady to be honest...have you checked your credit cards/bank accounts for anything fishy just to make sure?

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

It's at least twice as good as you think it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIgGrzQVK3g

Tiny Faye fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 17, 2012

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Warp reissued a couple of classic Aphex Twin albums. Pretty tempted to grab a copy of Richard D. James: https://bleep.com/stream/WARP+VINYL+REISSUES?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=aphex%2Btwin%2Brepresses

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Been meaning to post my annual Somerville Rock n' Roll Yard Sale acquisitions from this past weekend. Pretty pleased with this year's haul:

Currently listening to that first T. Rex LP - it's an original US press it looks like and despite the rough shape of the sleeve, the actual record looks pretty minty (and sounds it).

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Also that's technically not their first album. It's the first album under the shortened name and where they used electric guitar. They released four albums under than name Tyrannosaurus Rex. :goonsay:

I'm so glad someone is talking about T-Rex. No one ever give them their due. I love T-Rex.

I know that, but I sort of treat them as two separate bands entirely...and so does discogs :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Ron Burgundy posted:

I'm convinced it's this. I've just never got around to actually sifting through it all until now.

On that note, can anyone recommend alphabetical dividers? I'll need ones with the tab on the side.

To be fair, the soundtrack was the most profitable part of the entire venture. But I kind of like the movie too. The ELO side is passable as ELO.

If it's any consolation in one of my weaker moments I bought the Xanadu sound track on iTunes. Not one of ELO's better moments. Or Olivia Newton John's for that matter...or mine.

What the hell was I thinking.