Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Fatal posted:

Coming down to Vegas with a buddy for EDC in June so basically hitting Vegas but not actually doing it since we'll be at the speedway the entire time. Any advice/thoughts regarding this? Never actually traveled this far for a EDM show (excluding burning man, which I wouldn't really call a show) so this is new territory for me. I"m seriously considering this hangover bus I've been hearing about at the end of the weekend, ever done it? http://www.geekologie.com/2012/04/iv-drip-dispensing-bus-helps-relieve-han.php

Sup EDC buddy? :):hf::)

Me and a friend are flying out to Vegas for the first time also (albeit from separate cities). Not too sure about the bus thing, but I know they have water fountains all over to fill up on. I plan to use this as much as possible so I'll stay hydrated and can drink for 3 days straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

putang posted:

Agreed, that was such bullshit. Let's stop all the music right when people are getting ready to rave to the headliners and then throw them all back into their cars cause that's safe.

My group definitely needs to ask for their money back.

Yea I'm debating on whether or not to ask for a (partial?) refund. I know you can't predict weather patterns but the fact that the stages could not handle those winds was pretty ridiculous. Also, idling for 3+ hours in a line to try to exit was hilarious. They really need to fix the way people get out afterwards

Still had a poo poo ton of fun and can't wait for next years! I'm also looking into the NYC events too as a possibility if they are just as good.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

This is a bit early, but I'm looking into staying 4-5 nights in late June (21st to 24th) and need to be able to get to the speedway fairly quick - for EDC.

Last year it was pretty bad, but we also stayed in town and drove up the main interstate/highway to get to the speedway. Is there somewhere else we could stay, say north of town and drive down, or is everything all in town?

e: The 3 of us only need the room for sleeping/showering. Otherwise, we're gonna be out and about, so we're looking for fairly cheap places.

kloa fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 2, 2013