Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
Thinking about getting a massage a Monday afternoon. Any recommendations? Any places gave sick weekday deals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

UnhealthyJoe posted:

Looking for some advice.

My girlfriend and I will be in Vegas for the end of a camping road trip in California (driving from Colorado).

We plan on being in Vegas the 21st to the 24th. She has only ever been once and it is her birthday on the 22nd. She has requested we stay in a nicer hotel (something on the strip but no like the quad or circus circus or strat...). For her birthday I would like to do a show and a nice dinner. I'm not 100% poor but I'd rather try to do it in a package that was a bit better.

Shows she has show interest in:
Blue Man Group
"O" - Cirque du soliel.

Food wise, there are so many good choice im sure we will pick something.

My question is:
Where do you think I should book a room? (she wants a large Jacuzzi tub)
Packages with dinning/shows worth it?

She absolutely loves steak, fish (but not a fan of sushi) and Italian. Recommendations?

Edit: Just saw that I'm a few days late. Hope this helps others looking into Vegas. Sorry!

When I first saw O, only the pricy great seats were available. My friend made me a deal that he would cover the difference of the price he quoted me and the actual price, and I could choose at the end of the show to pay him what I thought was fair. I couldn't jam the money into his hand fast enough. I'm a pretty sour person in general, but the creativity of cirque inspires me that in a world where so many things are quantifiable and driven by jamming up consumers, someone could create something so expressive and people would choose to spend large amounts of money on it.

As for steak, I always do Bouchon. The steak frites are great. The steak is good, but the frites are the real star of the plate-- perfect temp, oil, consistency of the potato, etc.. Also, the honey and cheese plate is also great, the foie gras is wonderful.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

JaySB posted:

So…You're going for the fries not the steak. And a cheese plate.

CUT or Gordon Ramsay is the best steak in Vegas.

It's a Thomas Keller bistro. The quality of the steak is not in question.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

JaySB posted:

I know who attached his name to the restaurant. There are much better steaks in Vegas.

Yeah that's probably fair. I'm a non-taster, so a lot of what separates the good from the great is lost on me. Still, I really enjoy those sides and they're top notch. I figure the man can do with that information what he pleases. I'll have to try one of your two recommendations next time. Thanks.