Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Excalibur is a great place to stay. Don't stay at the Strat anymore if you can avoid it. Friends and family've told me a few times that they've had a lot of folks following them to their room, waiting by elevators, staring in at them at that carl's jr. across the street, etc. It sounds like it's getting kinda.. creepy and seedy.

Circus Circus is about as far down the strip (north) that I'd stay these days. We're planning Excalibur or Treasure Island next time we go.

Agreeing with Fashion Show Mall having everything. It's insane.

If the 20 year olds like video games, go to Gameworks. I've spent too many hours in there to count. But really, why not just go take in a couple of shows? They're all listed on the hotels' websites and they have a ton of them to choose from. Watching MGM's volcano erupt (don't go in, just go past) and, like Woulddesk said, the Bellagio fountains is pretty cool. I know the TI Sirens show was great, but that was three years ago and I've got no idea what they're doing now with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Spike McAwesome posted:

The area around the Strat is poo poo - there's no denying that - but they run some of the best daily poker tournaments in town. Plus with the rides on top of the tower, the under-21 crowd should be able to kill a decent amount of time there. Alas, there's nothing worthwhile around it, so expect to drive if you want to go anywhere.

Man, we must be crazy because we never rent a car when we're on the strip. :ohdear: We walk everywhere. And I whine like a baby on the plane ride home because holy god, my legs, after walking from one end of the strip to the other like 40 times in 5 days.

But yeah, we're never staying at the Strat again.

:ohdear: I kinda like winter in Vegas. Not as much as I'd like a snowy forest and a roaring fireplace, but hey, it's still nice. To me. Except for trembling at 3 am waiting on the bus because it's like -10,000 degrees and you don't have a jacket because you are retarded. Last time we went was in August. I pretty much melted the whole time, so I'm agreeing with spring and fall.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

How bad has Stratosphere gotten? The last time I was there was like, 2008 and even then it looked a little rougher than I was comfortable with.