Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Heading down to Vegas in a few weeks (June 18-21), looking forward to it. It's my second trip, first time down we did jack squat .. kind of embarrassing.

Second trip however, we are going down with 4 women and 4 guys. Had a few questions.

Getting into clubs, would it be easier to get in as a group, or to go separately (Guys/Girls)?

What's the best time to go to said clubs? Late? Early?

Do most people walk around in shorts/tshirt/flip flops during the day?

Thanks for the help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Coming from Canada down to Vegas on Monday.. So I have to exchange my cash over to US funds. Is it best to do it before I come down and carry ALL my cash on me?

I know debit fee's are pretty high down there.

In-room safe.. are they safe?

thanks

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Trip report for last week (mon-thurs) to Vegas.

Amazingly hot weather, stayed at the Monte Carlo. Rooms were nice and clean, and our group of 12 were able to stay relatively close together.

Monday night was a get drunk / gamble and walk the strip night. Ended up crashing at bout 2am - nothing crazy.

Tuesday was laying around the pool / lazy river. Pretty nice, scenery was -ok- Pool water was pretty gross but I imagine with the amount of sun tan lotion and sweaty bodies that it would get pretty filth regardless.

Tuesday evening was a guys / girls on their own. We ended up going to Excalibur for some food and gambling. Played some roulette and my buddy was pretty drunk at this point, the dealer asked us to put our drinks in the cup holders they have, next thing we know my buddy had poured his drink directly into it and was drinking out of it. Pretty damned funny at the time.

After that it was off to Hustlers strip club. Never having been to strip club in the US / Vegas it was pretty crazy. Chicks were pretty hot there. Ended the night with 20 McNuggets around 5am

Wednesday was more pool / sun and then hit the Bellagio Buffet (would recommend!) and then watched "O". Second row, was pretty amazing and would recommend to anyone. Loved it.

All in all, had a blast Spent about $800 with food / gambling.

*edit* forgot to add.. i hate american money.. all the same damned color..

diapermeat fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 27, 2012

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

JaySB posted:

That place is awful. If you thought the girls were hot there you'd probably have thought you died and went to heaven at Spearmint Rhino.

Good to know. I'll remember that for next time. Thanks.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

No Wave posted:

I've got a more difficult question.

I'm going to be in Las Vegas for two nights with a group of guys in their 20s - maybe 25 guys Friday/Saturday. Potential interest in a night club, prefer to avoid bottle service but I'd be interested to hear about any options.

Is there anything I can arrange in advance so that going out logistics aren't a nightmare? Or, put differently, what would you do in my situation?

I'm wondering the same. I'm heading down for my bachelor party in a month with 12 guys. Worried about getting into clubs / lines / cover charges since we have no women with us.

We have been tossing around some other ideas for things to do during the day. Paintball, dune buggies, shoot guns. Any other 'must do' activities for bachelor parties during the day?

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Just got back from Vegas and thought I'd make a trip report.

Stayed at the Monte Carlo for the second time, comfy beds / clean rooms / food court / decently priced. Perfect for me. With a tram right there to take you up the strip.

Our group did the Fast Lane go karts, picked us up at the hotel and dropped us off after. Tons of fun and decently priced.

Second night, Monday the 20th, we ended up at XS night club. Diplo was DJing. $30 to get in, $12 a beer, and decided on no bottle service. We didn't really need it. We met up with 4-5 women we had met earlier in the day and danced the night away.

Let me just say regardless of the cost, I had an amazing time. I would recommend this club to anyone.

Last few days / nights were gun range, bellagio buffet, cirque show.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Stupid Post Maker posted:

Does anyone have a preference between the Monte Carlo and Harrahs? prices are essentially the same for the time period I'm going.

I have stayed at the Monte Carlo the last few times I've been to Vegas.

Pros:
- Food court open 24/7 (mcdonalds, starbucks, chinese food, japanese food, pizza place, etc)
- Decently priced table games
- Tram connects right to the building and takes you up the strip in no time flat.
- Room Prices are relatively cheap
- Pub with over 300 beers plus decently priced/tasty food

Cons:
- Lackluster rooms - nothing fancy about these (but I don't care)
- Pool is pretty small

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

photomikey posted:

I might be wrong in my numbers here, but if it's 115F and sunny during the day on the strip, at night it's 110F and dark. I'm exaggerating some, but you will not walk out at 9pm and think "Finally, a break from this intense heat!". It's worse during the day, but it's loving hot at night.

That said, it's weather, you are walking from air conditioned space to air conditioned space, I've done Vegas over the 4th of July and it's not that bad.

I've done Vegas mid July and I didn't mind it too much. Like he said, you are inside most of the time.
I wouldn't expect to be cruising the strip during the day. It was 115f during the day and 100f @ 10pm when I checked.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Just booked for a friend's stag Jan 5-8 @ MGM. We were looking at potentially going to a NHL Vegas Knights game.

JaySB, would you have any info on the all-inclusive mezzanine tower deck seats? I'm wondering if a ton of promoters picked up those seats as they are sold out for most dates I checked.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Hope all you Vegas folks are OK.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Going to be in Vegas Jan 5-8 for a friends stag party with about 8 friends. He said he just booked us in at Top Golf, $30 each and we get a $300 food and drink credit for 2 hours.

Anyone been there, is it any good? Any hidden fee's? I'm going to guess the $300 credit isn't going to take us very far.

Still hopefully going to an NHL game on the Sunday night if we can round up some tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Geekslinger posted:

Heading to Vegas next week for my wife's birthday and to see Aerosmith. I want to grab a couple of bottles of liquor for our room and to make take along drinks when we are walking the strip. Is my best bet just hitting one of the Walgreens and paying way too much or is there someplace close by that we can walk to and grab what we need for a little more reasonable price? Someone told me ABC over in the Miracle Mile was pretty good, but had a limited selection.

Where are you coming from? When I come down from Canada I hit the duty free in the Vegas airport -> very very cheap.