Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

My wife and I decided to go to Vegas at the end of this month since neither of us have been there as adults. Mostly planning on eating at as many delicious restaurants as we can manage, doing some drinking, seeing some shows and general sightseeing. Not planning on gambling much if at all. I'm trying to figure out where the best places for us to stay might be. Ideally I think we're looking for sort of an iconic Vegas experience, somewhere with a good view, and I'm also a sucker for cushy/spendy/luxury hotels. Was looking at something like Caesars/Nobu, Mandarin Oriental, or Wynn/Encore. Kind of leaning Caesars since it's classic, center strip, Absinthe is right there (and you guys have me sold on that), and I hear good things about the spa and pool. Mainly wondering if there's anywhere else we should consider, and what kind of shape it's in. I've heard there are several towers, and some are in better shape than others?

Since we're planning this trip on pretty short notice, are we better off booking at the best rate we can find right now, or is there a chance we can get some kinda crazy discount somewhere nice by holding out for another week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Uber Premier SUVs are all over and like $50 from the airport to the strip. Decent quality IME, tend to be Suburbans/Escalades, mostly good drivers.

Don’t do the regular Premier though, for some reason Uber considers a Tesla model 3 a “premier” vehicle in Vegas which is some bullshit.

I don’t think even Premier is allowed to do curbside pickup at the terminal, but otherwise the rideshare pickup area is a pretty smooth experience.

Reztes fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 16, 2024

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Also, with regard to Omega Mart and Area15 in general -- so an Omega Mart ticket gets me in, and then what? Can I stay for as long as I want? And how much more of Area15 is worth doing; in other words, what level of Area15 ticket should I get and how much of a day should I be planning to spend there?

Once you're inside, yeah, you can wander around and check out the other stuff. I did Museum Fiasco with a group of friends, it was neat and trippy. Several VR experiences if you're into those, an arcade, some bars and shops. Mostly you should be able to just walk up and buy tickets to the other things if they look neat to you. When I've been, Omega Mart seemed to be the only thing that definitely needed purchasing in advance (Lost Spirits, too probably, but that's kinda it's own thing (I really liked Lost Spirits though!)) Outside of that I don't think I've spent more than 2-3 hours there.