Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buskas
Aug 31, 2004
?

Tuxedo Jack posted:

3. I've never really had the opportunity to enjoy the nightlife in Las Vegas, when I was there with my girlfriend she's a local and wanted to do things like this piano bar at Harrah's and some Carnival/DJ thing outside (I don't remember). So here's my problem, I'm not going to wear loving leather shoes to the bar. I'll put on a nice shirt and some clean kicks, but gently caress "club shoes." - Where can I go and blend in or drop the doorman a :20bux: to avoid having to wear stupid uncomfortable shoes?

I have starry eyed delusions regarding Vegas in that light. I'd really like to wear a sports coat or a vest the whole time with my jeans, but as has been stated earlier in the thread, I'd be the one who looked out of place. Hoping I don't lose my money too quickly this time. The last trip was pretty short. :ohdear:

If you're going out to the clubs be a big boy and put away your Vans for a night. You don't have to wear faux-gator supershiny "club shoes", just go buy a decent pair of black leather shoes like grownups do. You can get comfortable ones if you go somewhere respectable instead of shopping at Aldo. And they will look good with your vest or sports coat, which won't put you out of place at all in Vegas unless you're trying to fit in with 16-year-olds.

I love my white sneakers as much as the next guy, but if you want to wear them out in Vegas, go to Carnival Court (which is awesome and way cheaper than the megaclubs) or other more casual bars, or strip clubs. If you're going to go drop insane amounts of money at the clubs you might as well dress up a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buskas
Aug 31, 2004
?

TheLing posted:

I've already got myself a visa credit card with 1000e limit for the trip and i'll be using that to pay for everything i can, i also forexed a few hundred in cash just incase.

The internet might be expensive (i think i checked it to be around 13ish dollars per day) but calling home according my phone companys rates can be up to like one euro per minute

And as for the first night i guess we'll see what will happen.

You may want to consider getting that limit increased and/or bringing more cash if you're going to be in Vegas for five nights.