Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

Ally McBeal Wiki posted:

Stay somewhere better, take a cab/walk to Ellis Island for cheap gaming and house brewed beers. And drat good bbq.

Oh yeah, dont stay at Ellis Island, just drop by. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
I'm not a beer snob, but I do know the difference between good and bad beer, and I find it to be pretty good. I'm going there tomorrow actually!

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Yeah Ellis island is right behind Bally's, you can walk to it no problem. I like going big at Vegas but we always end up at Ellis island at least once for beer or for BBQ or for gambling. Happens every time and I don't mind at all.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
I understand what you mean chainclaw, most of Vegas is a bit sloppy, but the Wynn is "upper end" at least compared to the other hotels as you saw with circus circus. I actually embrace the filth and like staying at dumps like the Ellis island hotel and such because of the wild crowds you run into, but if I went to Vegas expecting an upscale experience like nice hotels have abroad I'd also be a little confused and frustrated too.

That being said did Ellis island survive the pandemic? That's my favorite spot unironically, to gamble and gently caress around at. (Also the ribs)

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
I'm hitting Vegas at the end of July for a few days midweek because why not. I haven't been in a couple years and usually I dick around on the strip or downtown. What's new in terms of weird offbeat and off strip stuff? For example I want to check out omegamart and that whole area, is there more stuff like that that's new-ish?

Staying at the Cromwell for the first time since they rebuilt it from Bills. Anything of note to know about the pool or drais? Worth getting a table or cabana or nah?

Thanks in advance fellas.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Meow wolf was pretty cool but not as cool as I thought it would be. Lotus of Siam's Khao Soi is still delicious, and the valley of fire state park is beautiful, even when it was so dang hot out.

The pinball hall of fame's new location is impressive, congrats to them.

Hope I can come back soon!

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
I actually didn't stop by this go around but drove past it, it's still popping and their beer garden area is all finished. Still an A+ and I didn't even go in. :coal:

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

britishbornandbread posted:

I'm going in April, too. See you there.

I know google is always your best bet for this, but can anyone recommend any of their favourite/lesser known dive bars in LV? We're Venetian, but will be going all over the city, hopefully.

EDIT: any favourite brewery/tap rooms also appreciated

Ellis Island kinda covers almost all of these including the cheap gaming part. It's lovely and great, I love it. Their bbq is pretty decent too.

If you go to any true breweries please report back as I've not done that yet on my trips to Vegas and I really want to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Are tickets already on sale for the MTG anniversary thing? N-not like I want to go out anything...