Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

putang
Dec 19, 2005

JaySB posted:

The sounds of losing $10mill+...Silence (and some outraged raver cries)

I was there, it was garbage. The fact they didn't design their sets to withstand 30mph winds is probably the most ridiculous thing ever. And stopping all carnival rides and ALL the music across the entire festival...holy poo poo.

I was with one of my biggest customers, he's calling AMEX and filing for a chargeback for both days...To the tune of around $60k. Every table there will probably be doing the same, and not to mention the 100,000+ people who should ask for a refund.

Agreed, that was such bullshit. Let's stop all the music right when people are getting ready to rave to the headliners and then throw them all back into their cars cause that's safe.

My group definitely needs to ask for their money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putang
Dec 19, 2005

SKEET SKEET posted:

What is the consensus on the Monte Carlo resort? Are the rooms nice? Any good restaurants/clubs? Good pool?

gently caress: It appears that the group has already decided on Monte Carlo without my opinion. Hopefully it doesn't suck. Anyone have any tips for getting a cheap deal on a hotel room there? I found a coupon for two free buffets with your stay, but from what I have heard their buffet is pretty bad.

Monte Carlo isn't bad - good location. You can easily walk to the Cosmo (just go through Aria and City Center to the outdoor bridge to the Cosmo) for some good eats (Wicked Spoon buffet, Holsteins alcoholic shakes and burgers) and clubbing (Marquee dayclub and nightclub).

Across the street is Planet Hollywood for some shopping and Earl of Sandwiches if you want some super tasty sandwiches.

Bellagio is just to the left of the Cosmo for more good eats (Olives) and they have an ultra lounge, Hyde, that's pretty nice.

I don't recommend eating at the cafe at Aria. I hear their pastry shop is good though.

putang
Dec 19, 2005

Even though I live in Vegas, I just had one hell of a stay-cation this past weekend for my birthday.

Where to find $10 Roulette table
Bally's. Everywhere else was at $15. Also $10 Blackjack at Bally's.

Wicked Spoon
I have now had their breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Every meal is loving worth it. Their breakfast is only $22.

Holstein's at the Cosmo
Delicious, huge burgers at a decent price. Delicious alcoholic milk shakes.

Hyde at the Bellagio
After 10pm it turns into a club. It's a small club, top 40s spinning. Dance floor is small since the place is really all about the table service. Got a table right in the middle by the bar, overlooking the whole club. The dancers were pretty rad: V for Vendetta masks, feather dusters, some had cellophane dresses. The whole atmosphere just felt like money though.

Planet Hollywood Pleasure Pool
Cabana service is hella cheap. $400 for a cabana with one bottle. Food runs about $15 a plate and they're decent servings. Getting more alcohol was pretty cheap. Didn't get another bottle but I think they were like $250. Just got some sangria and beers I think?? I don't remember. Did a bikini contest, got $25 bucks and one hell of a great crowd.

Lotus of Siam
As Insane Totoro said, totally worth the trip. Taking the taxi to there from the strip is about $20. Good food, good service.

Firefly on Paradise
I love this place. Tried to eat there with a party of 8 on Friday around 8pm. Wait was an hour long and they don't take reservations on the weekend. We ended up leaving and just eating at Holstein's since we were on a time crunch.

Marquee Nightclub
By far my favorite club in Vegas. I'm totally into the electronica scene and this is the club to go to. Having a suite at the Cosmo this time around just made it that much better. Saturday night is the most expensive night though. Got the girls in for free, but guys had to throw down $60 each.

TAO beach
Small pool, no lounge chairs, all day beds or cabanas. I had a loving blast though because girls had open bar for an hour and I just hung out at the bar while watching the England/Italia game. Great crowd watching the game, bartender was pouring me some great drinks. I ordered their chicken caesar wrap - overpriced, too salty. Free to get in with even guy/girl raito, I was on a guest list though so I don't know if that makes a difference. The people at the pool were great. BT showed up out of no where and was spinning for the afternoon. Got him to sign my arm.

I think that's everything I did for the weekend..

putang
Dec 19, 2005

porkypocky posted:

What's the best way to get into Marquee on a Saturday night if it's just me and my boyfriend?

Your boyfriend pays $60

putang
Dec 19, 2005

tuckfard posted:

Any dinner suggestions that are nice but won't demolish our bank? I'm going in two days for my bachelor party (sunday-thursday) and we'd like one nice evening dinner but not something insane. Maybe 30-40 bucks a person tops, not including drinks (or less if you know of a great place!). Planning on going to Holsteins at some point for sure.

Firefly if you don't mind waiting. http://www.yelp.com/biz/firefly-las-vegas-3

I second Ellis Island.