Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I'll be going back to Las Vegas for the fourth time very soon (mid July). This time I'll be there for 17 days total as I'm speaking at a few conferences. So one major thing is on my mind this time, good food.

Does anyone know where I can buy some fruit? None of the convinence stores on the strip seem to sell much and I'm happy to take a taxi out to a supermarket or walmart or whatever. I just don't know where I should go and would hate to end up somewhere that just sells roll ups. My searches on target.com, walmart.com etc lead me to beleive none of them sell fresh food.

I'd really appreciate any advice on this one.

EDIT: If anyone could also reccomend a good liquor store with wide selection, decent prices etc... That would be just great.

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Spike McAwesome posted:

Albertson's, Smiths, Vons and Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market are all the major grocery store chains in town. We also have the Fresh & Easy and other natural-type stores, but none of those are 24 hours. There's also Sunflower Market, which isn't close to the strip and probably not worth the extra cab fare, but I know a few people who swear by that place for produce.

As for liquor stores - I don't drink, but Lee's Discount Liquors has been voted Best In Vegas by the Review Journal for the last like 210801832 years in a row.

Thanks! Being able to stock my hotel room with fruit and other actual food will make my trip much more pleasent. Of course I plan to get out a fair bit, but 17 days is beyond the site seeing/fun weekend sort of duration.

Giblet posted:

I'm sure you could call the walmart or target and ask them if they sell fruit. Considering the added cost of getting a taxi out to where you could buy it you may be able to order some online and then have it shipped to the hotel.

Thats also a great idea, I'll see which places deliver :)

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 3, 2012