Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Just got back, stayed at the Flamingo. It was a great time, but that city sure wears on you. I was amazed at how cheap everything was. It costs less to gamble and drink in Vegas than it costs to just drink here at home.

I'm actually heading back at the end of this month for a couple days. Looking foward to it. I'm thinking I'll stay either at the Stratosphere or the Flamingo again, depending on pricing.

Oh and for Christs sake, DON'T jaywalk. I saw a couple people get arrested for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Going back on Wednesday, anyone got tips for a cheap room on the strip? I haven't gotten anything from my player's club card, probably because I play penny slots a lot.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
drat that is a good price.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I booked a non strip-view room at PH and left a comment on the reservation that I wanted an upgrade. I got it and didn't even have to grease any palms. I did check in like four hours early which probably helped. In Vegas the bus system seems pretty adequate but I think I'd rather take a cab. If you stay on the strip you don't really need transportation though.

EDIT: Oh, and one thing that helped was calling and using my player's card number. Even though I mostly gamble penny slots, using my players card number saved me like 45 bucks a night on my room vs the regular Internet price. Obviously this only helps if you are returning though.

revmoo fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Nov 8, 2011

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
How far from LV is meteor crater?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
PH was pretty cool. Views suck though, even on-strip, the windows are just too small. Very very nice other than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
How in the world are drinks in Vegas expensive? I've spent eight bucks on a Red Bull but I've never spent a dime on actual alcoholic drinks.