Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Reposting this from the old thread because gently caress yeah Benderbrau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Dheni Walsh posted:

Hey I went to high school with a guy named David Moore (I realize it's a very common name) but there is no way in hell he's smart enough to make something like this without killing himself in the process.

Upon reading further I can see that he didn't build it, but came up with the idea...sounds David Mooresque now that I think about it, although I doubt he could even use the word maternal in a sentence properly.

Wonder if it's the same guy, anyone know if this David Moore went to Windsor Secondary? And was the Simon guy a goon? I'm assuming the guy who posted it is either Simon or David or a close friend and not just someone who stumbled on that piece of awesomeness.

edit: oh hey it was first posted by Superjew so who knows, could have been a nice internet find.

Yeah I probably should have clarified; I just copy-pasted the imgur link from the last thread. Because let's face it, it deserves to be in this thread.

Although some people called him crazy. And why? Because he dared to dream! Of super atomic monsters with octagonal shaped bodies that suck blood!

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Stonefish posted:

So, did anyone accuse the "Who can drink more Arsenic? Test inconclusive" thing of being straight from the mouth of GlaDOS? If so, I missed it.

It was sulphur at first where the rock alien said "test inconclusive". Then he decided not to bother with the arsenic test when someone (the professor?) said "just ask us questions!". So I'm gonna go with it not being a GlaDOS thing, and more of a "I don't understand humans don't like to drink chemicals" thing.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Inspector_71 posted:

The Ally McBeal episode works so well because it's not really a reference to the show itself as much as it's a reference to the total hysteria that occurred around it.

I think the new episodes are getting really close to being way too topical, and have definitely crossed into that (Kardashian joke) at least a couple of times. Overall I'm enjoying the new episodes though.

There's also the fact that even if you know literally zero about Ally McBeal because it held no interest and/or you were too young, it's still completely enjoyable. Nothing in the episode is diminished by the fact I know nothing about Ally McBeal. "Cough, then fall over dead" is still loving hilarious, as well as all the other jokes.

I can't help but feel the new episodes, while still funny, just don't have the same feel to them I guess. But still, any Futurama (even the odd bad episode) is better than no Futurama. But, with the exception of Scruffy, gently caress the eyephone episode, it doesn't exist :arghfist::saddownss

Ninja edit: By new episodes, I mean everything past the movies.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Dheni Walsh posted:

You mean the Lucy Liu DON'T DATE ROBOTS one? I think the only real difference is terminology there. Unless you're referring to how it's no longer taboo to date robots yet we've not seen anything about that since robosexuality episode, which I think supports my argument.

If that was your intent, I thank you...it's just...the luxury edition of my argument has so much more eagle that, :sigh: it saddens me to think of you missing out.

Well my parents were going to get me a bar if I got all Bs...and I got all Cs! :haw:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

That's one of my favorite lines.

Can you phrase that in the form of a question?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

How did the last blank die?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Coleman posted:

I'm not sure we should pay for a dimension we're not gonna use.

Well we are technically in New Jersey.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Athenry posted:

We all feel like that all the time.

He's just a poor kid from the stupid ages :mad:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

aquatic sideshow posted:

They're too poor to age.

I can do other human stuff. Look, I age!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

I like to sneak Futurama quotes into normal conversation. For example I was helping my dad make his new kitchen's work top, and he told me to get some clamps. I got them and ask him if I should give him the clamps :haw:

I am a giant child.

• Locked thread