Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
So new Dego album dropped a few days ago, completely unnoticed by me since apparently only Juno actually has it in stock. This recent 2000Black revival with this Dego album/single and the Shokazulu 12" before has been cool, but man I need to find out who's actually distributing this thing since nowhere apart from Juno and Rush Hour in Holland seems to stock it. Between that and the fact the singles are priced at £8.99, leaves me not a very happy bunny. £8.99! It's not even an import! Bah! At least with stuff off say Especial I can justify it in my mind by saying,"hey Japanese import it's cool!"

But god drat Love & Hate You is just too much of a tune for me not to buy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The new NGUZUNGUZU (or however it's spelled) EP is out and it's alright. There's potential there, but it's still a little rough around the edges.

It is nice to see their label (Fade To Mind) trying to bring the Night Slugs sound stateside, though.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Sounds of the Hatcha nothing can matcha

live on kissfm
http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/query.asp?feedme=Kiss%20100

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
Due to a complete lack of work and an intense case of high humidity initiated insomnia (seriously Glasgow feels like loving Florida right now. Not digging it.) I've been trying to medicate myself by spending the night hours digging through my record collection. Naturally this hasn't worked. Especially since tonights thing has been rummaging through my (admitingly smallish) US garage collection.

Now some folks say US garage is pretty gay, like Chicago House(the jacking variety, not the Acid stuff). I say no it's not gay, it's just a completely loving sexual music. It oozes pure sex. It's as gay as it is straight really. Do you like to have sex? Do you not go about looking like a reject from an early The Cure video? If so you may just like US garage. So not gay at all, even if I sometimes feel like a teen girl singing along to vocal lines I can't even begin to actually hold(luckily for the world the singing is kept within the confines of my room). Now don't lie, I know you all do this as well to big vocal tunes, maybe even just to something like Loving You, but I know you do it, don't lie to me!

Pumping but still twitching and flexing instruments are just subsumed by these so very, very diva-ish vocals. Both female and male(what would be the male equivilant to a diva anyway?). This is what US garage is really about, the vocals. Unlike UK garage who treats the vocals at times just like another instrument in the track, US stuff is just about the vocals and treats them in a more traditional way. But anyway, to get to my point, I was digging at my Strictly Rhythm pile I hit on one particular song.

Logic - Blues For You(Hard Dub)

This was a very influential track in the creation of UK garage. You know how they always said UK garage started off just playing the dub sides of US garage but just pitched up faster? This is one of those tracks. Really you wouldn't be blamed for thinking this was an original UK made garage track(especially if you had some knowledge of early UK stuff like what Nice N Ripe were putting out). Even that sparingly used vocal bit that pops in every now and then is treated in the manner of UK garage. No real big vocal narrative or anything. Just quick interludes of cut up vocals. In a dance scene that had developed from Hardcore Rave to Jungle, which both featured plundered and cut up vocal samples, this kind of similar vocal treatment would just mesh perfectly with the attitude and stylistic tendencies of the more streetwise UK club-goer at the time. All it'd take is a couple of people with the right ideas and attitude to speed it up just a tad and add in some more bass.

Blues For You would end up remixed by DND and Reach & Spin around the turn of the millenium and finally turned into true UK garage. The original 4-tracker(with the vocal mixes on the A-side) was reissued a few years ago when Defected took over Strictly Rhythm, so it's pretty easy to find. Not that any original Strictly Rhythm track is hard to find anyway since they sold like hot cakes first time out.

SR was probably the king of US garage in my opinion, and an easy place to start if you're looking to open your ear to that sound. Over here React records put out 4(at least I only have and know of 4) volumes of Strictly Rhythm material. Simply called well, Strictly Rhythm - The Album(followed by The Second Album, The Third Album see where this is going?). They're easy to find and cheap and loaded with about a dozen good tunes on each disc.

An0
Nov 10, 2006
I enjoy eating After Eights. I also enjoy eating Old El Paso salsa with added Tobasco.
Hey 28GBB, do you produce ? If not, what kind of tunes would you like to be making ?

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
Currently I do not produce. I used to, many years ago, along with a good friend of mine who's actually a real musician and does the band thing and has actually recorded and toured Europe etc. Luckily over the years hard drive failures have destroyed what we did do, or most of it anyway. Most of it is just not very good. Nothing really wrong with it musically I guess, but just not original and the compositions were rarely finished or very good when they were. The early stuff (say from around 2004/05) was that kind of darker garage that was there at the time, while the later stuff to be brutally honest was just poorly done Shackleton rip-offs. That ended up fizzling out because he was took his own band thing far more seriously(obviously) and also just sheer difference of opinion between a rocker like him and a danceman like me. Sometimes sessions would just get bogged down in arguments and differences of opinion.

And the stuff I did myself I pretty much tried to do A Guy Called Gerald's Black Secret Technology but in a more garage-y Dubstep vibe. Something with depth but not cluttered, with big bass and highs that just sounded like sonar, something to dance to but also some clever. Naturally this failed as gently caress me, that album and that sound, you just can't even begin to match it. Sheer folly for someone as unskilled as me to even try.

I do think though if I gave it a crack nowadays it would be a lot better. It is a shame though as I think back then if I'd worked at it harder something could've happened. Especially when everyone turned there eyes here when the likes of Rustie, HudMo and Numbers became famous. I did have a few chances before that I think that I stupudly never took up, but that's a different story and in reality a lot of what could've been chances are pretty hypothetical. The reality though was I was doing a tough fine art degree, so between making actual artwork and then I had some family stuff, the musical thing just ended up on the backburner. The very, very backburner.

I have to admit I've really been refreshed over the past year or two with how the whole UK Bass thing is going and occasionally I'm like, maybe I should do something again. I really love the fact some real soul and swing has came back into it, and can actually be played out! I mean Dubstep was my thing, I loved it, but I got so burnt out and disheartned by what happened to it I pretty much dumped it and retreated in sheer shock to Funky. So if I was doing something now, I don't know. I'd like to think it'd be on the more Funky end of things. A bit more on the soulful side. Plus the fact that the audio interfaces now come in mixer form also really looks good to me as I love actually moving faders and poo poo(working in the box always frustrated me which is why I bought some cheap synths and a sampler years ago). Like they didn't have that 5-6-7 years ago or whenever. Not really anyway bar a few examples, and all those fancy midi controllers were only just starting to come on the market. Beats the poo poo out of my old Edirol PCI interface. Maybe if I finally can find a decent job that actually pays I may do something about that.

unknown poster
Aug 4, 2007
I love the more traditional dubstep, but I got into dubstep originally through the whole FILTHY FACEMELTING DROPS scene. Ever since Skrillex and the like though, I haven't listened to much of that type, because it all sounds the same, and is really grating.

I feel like thayt poo poo is getting majorly played out, but I still enjoy some "facemelting drops" on occasion, although I'd be happier if that type of dubstep was its own genre, but eh. Any reccomendations for some stuff thats actually good instead of sounding like the producer having a seizure?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

unknown poster posted:

I feel like thayt poo poo is getting majorly played out, but I still enjoy some "facemelting drops" on occasion, although I'd be happier if that type of dubstep was its own genre, but eh.

What do you mean "is its own genre" it is isnt it? everyone round here at least just calls it brostep and its pretty easy to identify the differences between say skrillex and someone who is producing something completely different (say uk funky or grime)

linkwood
May 3, 2011

by T. Finninho

unknown poster posted:

I love the more traditional dubstep, but I got into dubstep originally through the whole FILTHY FACEMELTING DROPS scene. Ever since Skrillex and the like though, I haven't listened to much of that type, because it all sounds the same, and is really grating.

I feel like thayt poo poo is getting majorly played out, but I still enjoy some "facemelting drops" on occasion, although I'd be happier if that type of dubstep was its own genre, but eh. Any reccomendations for some stuff thats actually good instead of sounding like the producer having a seizure?
i dunno, do you mean stuff like trolley snatcha, rusko et al? i'm not really into that sound much but i guess you could do worse than to check out the 'dub police' label. a lot of the tracks coming from there seem like they might be up your alley. also check out the jamie vex'd remix of 'twitch' by scuba; i guess it incorporates some of those sounds that you're looking for and as a bonus it involves two pretty good producers! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9lqLlc9CBY

unknown poster
Aug 4, 2007

LE0N posted:

What do you mean "is its own genre" it is isnt it? everyone round here at least just calls it brostep and its pretty easy to identify the differences between say skrillex and someone who is producing something completely different (say uk funky or grime)

True, but I think I would be less annoyed if there was a name for it its listeners could identify with. I don't mind people liking Skrillex and such, its the fact that so many people think that is dubstep. Their loss I suppose, but I feel like a legitimatly awesome genre has been tainted by the mainstream definition being so far removed.

Edit: I don't mean to start the whole brostep isnt dubstep argument up again and poo poo up the new thread.

unknown poster fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 6, 2011

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

LE0N posted:

To be fair though 'Brostep' was just a way for people to slag off that sound. It wasn't even coined by no-name producers in an attempt to grab fame ala Drumstep(ignoring the fact Grooverider did make up the name, the first time I saw people using it seriously was no-names attempting to artificially create a genre to try be kings of that quickly erected mountain, not that there was anything wrong as such with the music, but don't try to be worshipped when you don't deserve it). Really as far as I'm concerned it's Dubstep. Maybe not very good Dubstep as far as I'm concerned, maybe not Dubstep I like but still Dubstep. All it ever was to me is what Skream, Benga, Coki, Caspa, Rusko and a bunch of other producers were doing taken to it's most logical extremes. But the extremes of anything are generally poo poo. We're not exactly talking about final frontier Apollo 13 boundaries here.

I mean I remember when it started appearing, it was crazy, and pretty regressive really. I never once thought it'd end up as popular as it did. You'd hear like Cookie Monster and whoever did that Chainsaw tune(16bit?) and laugh really, but apparently people actually took it seriously. Ah well.

Anyway that more jump-up stuff I think it's best to stick to the originators really. Skream, Coki and the above mentioned folk. At least they have the skill and talent to create some mental tunes that actually have a bit of variation and destination in them. A Skream jump-up tune will roll over anything lesser producers do with ease. But uh yeah, one reason this thread came about was to avoid another 2 years worth of this kind of conversation. But I also don't think it's maybe wise or fun or educational to just ignore it, so if folks can actually talk about it sensibly, share some thought out opinions and ideas and make some decent suggestions if folk ask and not just post un-commented Youtube links to Skrillex and Flux Pavillion tunes then I think that would be cool enough. Possibly, or it could all end in a Hindenburg like disaster.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
New Addison Groove just got dropped on Soundcloud - http://soundcloud.com/addisongroove/addison-groove-bad-things

This poo poo goes hard.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

I have to admit I've really been refreshed over the past year or two with how the whole UK Bass thing is going and occasionally I'm like, maybe I should do something again.

Just as a recent internet peer, and based off of our conversation in the dnb thread about E-MU samplers and the "compare & despair" paradigm, I think you should play around with production. I can relate to a lot of the issues you've brought up, and just going off my own experiences, a big break (in my case over five years, what up MMO escapism!) is not detrimental if you want to explore what you can do with the tools you have.

The past several months I have done something daily for my own music endevours, even if it's just reading an article about a minor production technique, or watching a three minute video about someone's production process. It can help get one in to the rhythm of thinking about production

That all said, I'll have some audio up in a couple weeks, a thing using the E-MU I recently bought, but it's dnb. Will probably just chuck it in the dnb thread.

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh
I always thought the whole "this isn't real dubstep" argument was very rockist. It's really saying older (or in the same tradition as older stuff) = more authentic = better, which is kind of antithetical to the progressive ideology of the dance music scene. Of course Skrillex et al are wank but deriding them on the basis of their failure to live up to some platonic dubstep ideal established by five guys back in 2005 seems a little problematic to me. Although dealing with a different kind of music, it's a narrative borne of a music critical establishment that thinks anything that can't trace its heritage back to The Beatles isn't worth bothering with.

Gamest Mook fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 6, 2011

unknown poster
Aug 4, 2007

Gamest Mook posted:

I always thought the whole "this isn't real dubstep" argument was very rockist. It's really saying older (or in the same tradition as older stuff) = more authentic = better, which is kind of antithetical to the progressive ideology of the dance music scene. Of course Skrillex et al are wank but deriding them on the basis of their failure to live up to some platonic dubstep ideal established by five guys back in 2005 seems a little problematic to me. Although dealing with a different kind of music, it's a narrative borne of a music critical establishment that thinks anything that can't trace its heritage back to The Beatles isn't worth bothering with.

Eh, I just think a section of dubstep has evolved enough that its almost its own genre or sub-genre by now.

Anyway, 28 Gun had some good points that I agree with. Not trying to derail this legitimately awesome thread.

unknown poster fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 6, 2011

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Gamest Mook posted:

I always thought the whole "this isn't real dubstep" argument was very rockist. It's really saying older (or in the same tradition as older stuff) = more authentic = better, which is kind of antithetical to the progressive ideology of the dance music scene. Of course Skrillex et al are wank but deriding them on the basis of their failure to live up to some platonic dubstep ideal established by five guys back in 2005 seems a little problematic to me.

Oh totally, but sometimes I think it's kind of like the opposite. People don't like the Skrillex, Circus Records and more current in your face mosher jump-up stuff because it's the one that's very traditionalist in a sense. It's too inwards looking, too caught up in it's own feedback loop. It never really changes, it never really pushes, rarely does it try to extend the boundaries of what can be done with the sound, at least that's my experience with it. People who understand and believe in what's the 'real' deal can often be the same people who understand and can push forward change. Because what was 'real' was never a concrete thing, it was an idea, a belief, a feeling. In Dubstep's case because the ideal was only really about having sub-bass. There really wasn't a set tempo or drum pattern that the original innovators decided it would have. It was never supposed to have an instruction manual. We saw how the likes D&B had become very formulaic and claustrophobic and we went,"No! We're doing it this way, we think it should be done like this" and everyone did there own thing and developed their own style and sound. Not that modern D&B was ever really a touchstone in the early Dubstep sound. It wasn't a rivalry or even a real acknowledgement from the Dubstep end(barring saying we don't want to end up like that) despite the sheer vitriol you'd hear off the likes of DOA forums circa 2005/06.

People who truly loved the original scene and ideas it had still love people like Kode 9, Skream, Caspa and whoever, no matter what they do. All of them have mapped very different paths since 2005, but we can clearly see, understand and love the progression that they've achieved. The innovation and sheer genius they produce in whatever sound they're working in, whether we like the actual music they make at the particular time. People like Skrillex, at least to me, are stuck in a very - like you said - 'rockist' world. You can't really see them ever evolving or changing much. They'll continue to do what they do now without truly transceding into something else.

SUBFRIES posted:

Just as a recent internet peer, and based off of our conversation in the dnb thread about E-MU samplers and the "compare & despair" paradigm, I think you should play around with production. I can relate to a lot of the issues you've brought up, and just going off my own experiences, a big break (in my case over five years, what up MMO escapism!) is not detrimental if you want to explore what you can do with the tools you have.

The past several months I have done something daily for my own music endevours, even if it's just reading an article about a minor production technique, or watching a three minute video about someone's production process. It can help get one in to the rhythm of thinking about production

That all said, I'll have some audio up in a couple weeks, a thing using the E-MU I recently bought, but it's dnb. Will probably just chuck it in the dnb thread.

It's great to see you're getting to use the Emu, I was beginning to think you'd consigned it to a closet or something! I'll definitely keep an eye on the D&B thread and see what you come up with.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

Mike_V posted:

The new NGUZUNGUZU (or however it's spelled) EP is out and it's alright. There's potential there, but it's still a little rough around the edges.

It is nice to see their label (Fade To Mind) trying to bring the Night Slugs sound stateside, though.

Their XLR8R mix is pretty good but the Kingdom remix is the best thing on the ep, imo. They do a better job remixing other people's tracks.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

GET MONEY posted:

Their XLR8R mix is pretty good but the Kingdom remix is the best thing on the ep, imo. They do a better job remixing other people's tracks.

yeah, as much as I love the Nguzus, and I own everything they've released, this EP was kinda weak. I think i'd have to feel it in action live from them, or something.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Put my two latest tracks, plus two bonus unreleased collabs as 320 mp3s in a .rar:

http://www.mediafire.com/?axifk6ug192rykj

If you enjoy it please spread the link around :)

Tampax
Sep 25, 2006

He appears to be enjoying it

Maguro posted:

Put my two latest tracks, plus two bonus unreleased collabs as 320 mp3s in a .rar:

http://www.mediafire.com/?axifk6ug192rykj

If you enjoy it please spread the link around :)

Diggin the choppy broken beats in 'Corruption' - real nice flow to it.

I've got some stuff of my own up at http://www.soundcloud.com/kyz - Mostly Dubstep/2-step/UKG style.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

It's great to see you're getting to use the Emu, I was beginning to think you'd consigned it to a closet or something! I'll definitely keep an eye on the D&B thread and see what you come up with.

I had to work out a few different issues. It took a couple weeks in the little spare free time I had, but now it is chugging along. Ended up picking up a couple other things as well, and set my studio up in a new space, which has been a nice source of inspiration. Plus the g/f has a nice chair to lounge in & read while I'm trying to work on music.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Terror Danjah's refix of Admiral Bailey's "Jump Up" is coming out on Greensleeves next month. It's not on the level of that Ding Dong / The Bug cut, but a nice tune anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlNyEeEuQbU

unknown poster
Aug 4, 2007
nvm

unknown poster fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 8, 2011

Cocheese Sammy
Jul 12, 2010
I've been looking around but I can't find it so... maybe you guys can point me in the right direction.

I just started using Reason 5 to do dub / dubstep but it's a massive loving program. Where would I go to find goons who also use this program for original tracks / remixes and who have sample packs for download?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Considering I don't know any dubstep...If I had to come up with a dubstep mix that was about 3 hours long for a teen dance party (think 16-18ish) say in the next 24 hours...where should I start?

Nothing too deep. Just 3 hours of hits..

89 fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 8, 2011

Cocheese Sammy
Jul 12, 2010

89 posted:

Considering I don't know any dubstep...If I had to come up with a dubstep mix that was about 3 hours long for a teen dance party (think 16-18ish) say in the next 24 hours...where should I start?

Nothing too deep. Just 3 hours of hits..

You just need tracks?

Do you have steam? If you do, add Vonqueesha Shenaynay to friends and I'll send you a list of tracks for a playlist.

Also for 16-18 year old girls, I'd toss in some electronica or hardstyle along with it.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

You've got to be kidding me.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Ras Het posted:

Terror Danjah's refix of Admiral Bailey's "Jump Up" is coming out on Greensleeves next month. It's not on the level of that Ding Dong / The Bug cut, but a nice tune anyway:

I was going to defend the Terror Danjah one... but then I listened to The Bug's remix and it really is that much better.

http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2011/05/greensleeves-release-dubstep-rem

Looks like they've got a bunch more coming too.

Cocheese Sammy
Jul 12, 2010

Mike_V posted:

You've got to be kidding me.

I've never met a 18 year old girl who listened to dub.

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
16-18 girls who listen to hardstyle? What kind of hardstyle is this that's REALLY pop friendly? Even the vocal melody based stuff stuff is quite... hard. I have trouble thinking of many hardstyle tracks that would appeal to that audience.

Why would you play bass music of any kind to that audience. Play electro-style RnB that's all popular these days if you must play 'electronic'. Stuff like Chris Brown - Beautiful People.

infinity2005 fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jul 8, 2011

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If you're DJing for a party, especially a kiddie party, you're going to want to break out stuff the audience will be familiar with that will keep them moving, even if you have to hold your nose. Unless they're there to see you, you shouldn't be aiming to impress with your knowledge of musical context & history / your taste. So yeah, chainsaw wobble's what you want, probably (if you're here in the US, anyway). I believe there's a thread in EW about it. You won't find much of that here unfortunately!

Anyway, Milyoo's got a new digital single out on Opit, which is a teensy boutique run by Subeena that I regularly pull for. Sorta off-kilter house-y stuff. In the past, 'specially on his Saigon Recording EP, he's had a Falty DL-ish vibe but I haven't detected much of that here, Check it out.

Also the new Chain EP on R&S that 28GBB mentioned is pretty great. Might have to add them to my growing list of "buy everything they release" labels (already got James Blake's CMYK on the yellow vinyl edition).

Also per FACT magazine, Grime Forum has assembled five downloadable .zips featuring 184 Grime "war dubs" featuring all your favorites. Massive stuff.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Cocheese Sammy posted:

You just need tracks?

Do you have steam? If you do, add Vonqueesha Shenaynay to friends and I'll send you a list of tracks for a playlist.

Also for 16-18 year old girls, I'd toss in some electronica or hardstyle along with it.
Steam as in the game server? My tag is Comatose89. It won't let me add friends since I haven't bought a game.

Yeah, believe me, this whole thing is weird, but whatever.

thepopstalinist posted:

If you're DJing for a party, especially a kiddie party, you're going to want to break out stuff the audience will be familiar with that will keep them moving, even if you have to hold your nose. Unless they're there to see you, you shouldn't be aiming to impress with your knowledge of musical context & history / your taste. So yeah, chainsaw wobble's what you want, probably (if you're here in the US, anyway). I believe there's a thread in EW about it. You won't find much of that here unfortunately!
Yeah, that's the thing, I'm trying to break out nothing but stuff the audience is familiar with as I don't listen to dubstep. I've done the whole electro thing and am familiar enough with it that I'm confident I could pull that off in a party situation, just not with dubstep. I'm trying to come up with all of those popular tracks.

89 fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 8, 2011

Cocheese Sammy
Jul 12, 2010
Ok good point with the hardstyle thing.

Personally these are two tracks that come to my mind for your gig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16bRiH5zfOY (for a dub track)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS17YLmtb8w

e:
also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt11bTWEjyE&feature=related

Cocheese Sammy fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 8, 2011

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Stop it. This thread had been going really well.

Do you even understand the terms you are using?

Cocheese Sammy
Jul 12, 2010
Anyway

is there a good place to find Reason 5 patch downloads and song/instrumental downloads? So far I've been doing mediafire links from youtube videos but I know there's got to be a better way.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

I don't think this falls under UK Bass per se (although it's kinda purplish), but it's really cool. Gonna check out the Big Gigantic album now.

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Cocheese Sammy posted:

Anyway

is there a good place to find Reason 5 patch downloads and song/instrumental downloads? So far I've been doing mediafire links from youtube videos but I know there's got to be a better way.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2791601

Please take your clueless rear end there and never post in this thread again.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
Wow so this is what happens when I take a night off to finish off the Deus Ex leak. The word Dub is a loaded weapon, keep it locked up safely when not using it properly folks!

Ras Het posted:

Ah Greensleaves, the ultimate bandwagon jumper. Remember when they put out all those Ragga Jungle releases? Goodtimes, at least they're actually doing pretty loving good remix wise, picking some real good artists to do it rather than just the ones that sell the most. Horsepower's remixes of Yellowman's zunngzungzunngzunggungzunzggggblah are pretty awesome.

thepopstalinist posted:

Also the new Chain EP on R&S that 28GBB mentioned is pretty great. Might have to add them to my growing list of "buy everything they release" labels (already got James Blake's CMYK on the yellow vinyl edition).

Like I said R&S biggest surprise I've had in a while. Actually putting out stuff that's actually relevant to modern dancefloors. And not even joining the game late like they did with Jungle (they went through a Jungle phase from about 95 onwards that resulted in stuff like 4Hero alter-ego Jacob's Optical Stairway which I really suggest you pick up. The missing like between Parallel Universe and Two Pages). They actually dabbled in garage a bit as well, if I remember right they should've had a Groove Chronicles before they split, and they got KMA to do one of my favourite remixes of a Model 500 tune ever. Be Brave. By the way that's taken from my own collection/channel, so sorry about the terrible rip. I think that particular one was done ghetto stylee via a headphone out(couldn't find an RCA bizarrely) and a line in to my laptop and only ended up online because I couldn't find it already. And it was done before I picked up Adobe Soundbooth and the wonder that is. All that plus to be honest the actual record is pretty frazzled.

TEE HEE
Nov 4, 2009
this one slipped under my radar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUXkLQ_hvA8

nailed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Posted this in the old thread awhile ago and people were feeling it, for anybody who hasn't heard it:

Matty G - Watching You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K86DpedAC1Y

Big vibes.

• Locked thread