Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!
Well poo poo. I've almost bought that so many times, especially since 727 is the area code I grew up in. Don't make me decide between my music and my food budget, drat you! :argh:

Good news is that I have a friend who has a silk screen machine and I have a good jpeg of the logo.

HatchetDown fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Hm, apparently Skream and Benga are touring the US this spring. While I don't particularly care if I see either of them DJ, Jackmaster and Plastician will be opening for them and I think I might drop $25 to see those two.

Really sucks they aren't coming to Texas. I can't afford to make that drive out to Denver.

Don't you live in Houston, though?

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

After going through Hackman's discography I found this awesome Shifting Peaks comp that seems like it's the entire catalog for the label thus far and that's feeding that Randomer fix I have going right now. Especially with this Tessela guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgjz0GQDuB8

Emvee and Graphics are pretty solid too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq_u4i-Nd_k

That bass pulse in Blue Top weirds me out but it's hard not to pay attention to it.

HatchetDown fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 29, 2012

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Are you on there or are you just asking around? I'd love to get an invite if you're able to.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

My Mom specializes in def education and next time I get a chance I'm going to make a CD for on of the def people she works with since the only part of music they listen to is the Bass section. It's the most sensory for them so I imagine some of them might get a kick out of a lot of UK Funky or anything with heavy kick jabs.

Any suggestions?

Something that has basslines along the line of Ringworm

drat I didn't think 12th Planet had anything like this, glad I looked into him a little bit more.

12th Planet - 68

HatchetDown fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 2, 2012

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Champion is on the newest podcast for XLR8R

http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2012/02/champion

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Anybody ever checkout these 14 track specials from Boomkat? They put out one last month entitled Dubstep In Rude Health and the track list is pretty solid ending with Kindred making that maybe the 4th copy I have on various devices now.

1. KROMESTAR : 2012
2. Goth Trad : Cosmos
3. COKI : Tree Trunk
4. Killawatt & Ipman : Schizophonia
5. Author : Mothership
6. Objekt : Cactus
7. Akkord : Back & Forth
8. Kahn : Way Mi Defend
9. Commodo vs. Lurka : Airtight
10. PAMPIDOO : Synthesizer Voice (Goth-Trad Remix)
11. VARIOUS Feat Asher Dust : Air
12. MATHEW JONSON : Cold Blooded (dBridge's No Love Mix)
13. SHED : RQ-170
14. BURIAL : Kindred

http://boomkat.com/downloads/502515-various-14-tracks-14-tracks-dubstep-in-rude-health

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Maguro posted:

Well my friend Ryan Pearce can't play tonight, so it turns out that I'm opening up for Clicks and Whistles and Machinedrum at the dragons den. Yessssssssss.

drat I wish I still flew in and out of New Orleans :( I'd always hear Russ(Simian) and a few other friends talk about the Den but I never got a chance to go.

Did you or anyone else record their set by chance?

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

That's the first time I've heard 8bit without feeling like it was somewhat gimmicky.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Haywyre's style still has a certain charm to it but I wish he would branch out a little bit more, maybe even include more software(or hardware for that matter) than just FL Studio.

Really into Addison Groove's newest album, especially rear end Jazz for some reason, and Distal's Amphibian

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

If it's not too late on the Old Apparatus tip, one of the producers on my "Can do no wrong" list, DjRUM, is behind the decks on the latest RA Podcast.

Mountains is untouchable, can't wait for the follow up.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Yeah Texas always was there from days actually. Is Jason Mundo still doing stuff in Texas? Really cool guy when I met him briefly years ago when he played here a few years ago (well like 5 years ago now I guess), plus he got bonus points for all his Dub Assembly stuff being on 10"s.

He's still doin monthly Dub Assembly shows in a rock club in Dallas. Not sure beyond that since I never seem to be in the right position to actually go see em.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

So what's the deal with Trap exactly? I've only heard a couple tracks labeled as such and have generally enjoyed them all, more so than most of the footwork I've listened to, though they don't seem to be all that different by definition. Is it something that's just been starting to develop the past couple years or has it and the like just been below the radar for longer?

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Oh jesus it looks like I'm gonna have to go donate plasma this month to make rent. Distance is coming to Dallas this Friday with Dub Assembly and there's no way in hell I'm missing this.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

air- posted:

Wow, night before both him and J:Kenzo are playing in Houston- and makes me wonder why he doesn't have a Dallas date.

Don't you ruin this for me :argh:

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

It sold out on some other site, that was actually a friend of mine saying it was sold out on the event page but there's still plenty of tickets left through the venue. I am way too excited. Might try and get an interview with Mundo, I can't find a press contact for Distance unfortunately or I'd shoot for that too. Thankfully I went ahead and snagged four tickets ahead of time.

I can't believe it's only ten bucks.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

it's getting a bit too middle class isn't it?

I wasn't aware you could describe music that way.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Swindle's "Do The Jazz" is probably my choice. Even though it was a Deep Medi release it still best exemplified the Butterz style.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Has anybody got any good recommendations along the vein of My Nu Leng?

http://youtu.be/-sa9CVS7Q-Y
http://youtu.be/NleNMejiSKg

Some darker 2-step would be great if anyone knows of any.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

I know someone mentioned Mala's new Cuban inspired album but wasn't sure if these tracks were posted yet so here ya go anyway.

Cuba Electronic
Calle F

HatchetDown fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 23, 2012

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

What are some good bass podcast feeds I can subscribe to? I've already got RA, XLR8R, Rinse, GetDarker, and Boiler Room.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Maybe it's the fact that I'm not exposed to him as much or that he always seems out of place on his own show, but I get the feeling that Tim Westwood is an incredible douche bag.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Hatem Ben Arfa posted:

If you can get past his jarring radio persona he's not that bad really.

Aaaah that's what it is. Good to know how much ground work he laid for the scene, but him plastering his name in gold everywhere kinda threw me off.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

air- posted:

Holy poo poo. Just saw VIVEK is performing in Dallas (well, Denton) April 19. I can't think of any other legit dubstep producer who's been to North Texas like... ever, and he'll play a legendary local venue. I hope that also sets up some more good bass music to be booked up here. That just made my day.

Distance was at Trees a while back, but I'm pretty excited this is awesome. Where did you find out? I wanna try and snatch some advance tickets if I can.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Finally got a deck to listen to the vinyl I've been collecting and went out to really scour some records. Ran into this at a Half Price Books for a dollar.

LFO - Tied Up

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Any good Grime comps I've missed since Teddy Musics came out? I loved that one.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Growing up in Florida my only exposure to Dizzee was "Jus A Rascal". I had no idea about the grime scene until some years later but thankfully I know now what I was missing out on.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Just got home from the N-Type show in Dallas, can't believe I got to see the guy like 2 feet in front of me on a knee high stage.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

El Marrow posted:

Honestly, this is my #1 release this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBkhw0VJBRg

Woah this is miles better than where I left off with Bukez

Bukez Finezt - Shut Up!: http://youtu.be/nZs4U0fCr38

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

I've been hankering for a new slipmat and I recall Butterz releasing their own for a bit but I think I missed the boat on that. Does anyone know of any labels/artists that have their own slipmat out or frankly any other cool place to look for slipmats?

• Locked thread