Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
Was just giving Untold's Gonna Work Out Fine EP another listen, what massive production. And a couple years later still seems exactly relevant to what's going on today. I saw him have this 'U-251' demo up on soundcloud for a minute but other than that nothing from the new year, I wonder what he's cooking up? Dreadnought seems like a really unfortunate turn to have taken

no one likes a smart-arse
gonna work out fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007

Maguro posted:

Also soundcloud makes my tunes sound like poo poo and have weird timestretching artifacts because they are not mastered perfectly. I know I could tweak the tune a bit but its frustrating when the .WAV and 320 sound perfect on every single system I try them on, then when people download it from soundcloud they get the hosed timestretch version.

the soundcloud stream is 128kbs mp3 so yes its going to sound like poo poo. specially when transcoded from another mp3. it couldnt be doing anything to your downloads though, they should still be in exactly whatever format you uploaded

thank you for the articles and advice in the thread 28gbb ive read and listened to it all. youre definitely a boss

JimmyJazz fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 16, 2011

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
is this timely enough? mostly new garage releases and other bass music

http://soundcloud.com/coldwarriddim/summer-garage-mix

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
Thanks for the posts 28gbb. This really is the first guide I felt even remotely involved in, the horsepower, so solid crew and exemen tracks are favorites. Here's a mix by 'nervous' on sounds of da future I've always preferred but I cant say I know anything else about him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29LMg8bJyRA

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

But I know it's how the Fortified Crew and others did it here, but if you're sensible about it hopefully the nights that lose the money will be building a solid foundation to allow a real scene to develop.

Let's not forget this is called the UK bass thread. You can try and start up a night like this if you want to but around here at least you're really only going to find success by going in to that other thread and picking out those types. I've seen these sort of guys fall hard a good number of times now at least. Zed Bias playing to almost nobody at all. Roska playing to a thin room at Steve Aoki's weekly when the place would otherwise be packed for any random electro house no name. Ramadanman playing to a small crowd of people mostly stuck wondering to themselves who the hell this weirdo Ramadanman is. I'm not sure if it's exactly right just to compare it to the early dubstep nights over there, Americans have real trouble following along with this as far as I've seen. They want that hypercompressed almost purely static noise pop sound and this might as well be its opposite. Songs that are on the brink of being stadium rock anthems do very well. There are local 'bass music' nights that spring up even but they are all chasing that breakout dubstep and justice mashups sound to its very end. I think the butterz sound has a shot of going over well here only because of how closely they walk that agro line but the grime MC thing also goes totally lost on a lot of people.

JimmyJazz fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 10, 2011

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Phiz bro dubstep thread is gone so I'm going to post this hilarious and insane interview with Jonathan Davis here: http://read.mtvhive.com/2011/11/09/korns-jonathan-davis-says-dubstep-is-the-new-metal/?all=1

"This felt fresh and cool like the ’80s."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
28gbb it seemed like in the past you were always ready to chalk up skrillex & co to the other side of the coin no need for slagging it off as long as we stay focused on what's good, they do just as much as us by bringing people in to the scene as others do in keeping it moving forward. Then I read your very impassioned post about militancy in the scene and bringing them down forcefully by championing real contributors, and now here you go and completely tear in to them, has this been a change of heart over it or what?

• Locked thread