Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
just listened to "Humber" by ramadanman.

loving beautiful track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
first attempt at a proper UK bass tune: http://soundcloud.com/blackasaurus-rex/kid-fisto-the-future-ep-full

too bad baltimore rarely, if ever, have bass music nights. it's usually pretty cheezy electro and brostep stuff

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn

HatchetDown posted:

I wasn't particularly fond of the intro but once it really kicked off it definitely had me bobbin my head. You'd be surprised how fast it can catch on, man. All it takes is playing a few parties with the right people and in no time you'll have your own night at a local pub or something.

thanks man, I appreciate it. once i finish making acouple more tracks.

I honestly think this track would really shake a nice system up, but there are no labels around here that release this poo poo. it's all uk poo poo, swamp81, tempa, etc.

i guess ill try them

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
im playing out in dc this week and want to bring out some future bass/2stepish tunes.

Are there any compilation albums that I should cop(aside from soul jazz future bass)? Maybe some decent ep's I should pick up?

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
nope, heaven & hell. saturday at 11

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
haha i figured that. i dont normally play in dc, so this should be fun nonetheless

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn

SUBFRIES posted:

It won't be like playing most DC spots.

I'm opening at U Street Music Hall next week, on Saturday July 23rd. Planning to play a lot of 125-ish stuff to start and then push to about 135 BPM depending on the crowd and how long I get to play. Planning to play a bit of Julio Bashmore, some Doc Daneeka stuff, things off the recent Hackman, Synkro, SBTRKT, George FitzGerald and Jam City releases.

Good suggestions. Adams Morgan is a neighborhood in NW Washington, DC. It has a four block strip that is lined with bars and small clubs, and Thursdays through Saturdays it is a mixed drinking crowd, but there are definitely problems. Just last week video surfaced on line of a cop fist fighting with a guy in the street. There are a few good bars there, I'm just older, don't like the huge crowds and rowdiness on the weekends. You can also buy jumbo slices of pizza there, until about 4AM:

Klute loves to get jumbo slice when he plays gigs here.

ive heard u-street's sound is amazing, can you vouch for that?

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn

SUBFRIES posted:

Good luck. No idea who is trying to throw a party in Adams Morgan on the weekend, but it's not the kind of crowds you'd expect out for underground music.

at the beginnig of my set i dropped goat stare and people were visably scared.

i love the underground

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
why the gently caress cant i find any decent future bass on beatport. their genres are so limited :/, they should at the very least have a 2step section or something

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
i'm super excited, i've been working on a breaksy/garage ep for several months, and soon it will make it's way to transition studios to be mastered.

does anyone have any experience with them? i know they've cut vinyl for local labels like dmz, deep medi, and soul jazz, but i don't know many digital tracks that have been mastered by them.

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
28, you better write a loving book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
Breach - Man Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlWMk2kbdnA&feature=related

this is fantastic.