Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
I'm a fan of dubstep but I'm not particularly knowledgeable on it. I love 2562 - Aerial, and I love Skream's s/t but that is all that has really caught my ear. I recently heard this track however which certainly caught my ear.
http://youtu.be/Ih3S-ECrJyY

So I suppose I'm asking for some suggestions of other dubstep along the lines of that track, and those albums I just mentioned?

I've heard Digital Mystikz and most of the other big names but they have done nothing for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

If you liked that Kahn single I'd suggest taking a look at what else Black Box Records (and their sub-label Box Clever which released that single) have put out as they're all generally on that kinda vibe. Big artists on the Black Box label are Kryptic Minds (though their early stuff was some pretty solid Drum & Bass, just as a warning) and DJ Madd (who's album has just came out this week, and a few months back released a budget Black Box compilation mix thing).

Box Clever generally deals with smaller or lesser known artists. I'd say check up Chemical Records pages on Black Box here, and Box Clever here so you can check samples etc (Chemical own the labels), though they might only be showing in stock or recent items but it might give you an idea of that sound.

As any proper dance music is, it's a singles game rather than an album thing. Though on saying that Youngsta's Rinse mix CD is great and I'd suggest you buy it as it may be right up your alley. Again you can use Chemical or another record shop to hear samples.

Wow, thanks a bunch. I'll have to dig through all of this.

• Locked thread