Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
This is really awesome, thanks a bunch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Could we not do the "Here's a dozen tracks I won't talk about except to say they're good" poo poo? You don't have to do long writeups or whatever but just something about the music.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

infinity2005 posted:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/future-dubstep/id445061320

Dubstep of the future. We're here. Can someone with iTunes actually buy this cause i'm really curious. Considering how obviously copyright infringing it is i'm sure we can share it.
Now That's What I Call Dubstep!

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

As for the Post-Dubstep nametag thing, well that's just folk who've never been on a dancefloor before who're trying to justify to themselves that they like something that's actually *shock* dance music! Post-, Future, Intelligent. All just ways to try and convince people and convince themselves that somehow what they're listening to is somehow 'better' and 'smarter' than this other stuff. Like it's more pure or worthy. Truth is it normally just ends up kinda shite.
FWIW, I think "intelligent" definitely fits your description and "future" to an extent, but post as a prefix I think is often used constructively. Post-rock, post-punk, post-metal, post-hardcore, these are terms that describe music that the people who like the un-post-ed music might not like, but I think they're still useful.

quote:

Remember a lot of these folk probably listen to Yes and genuinely think, "magnificent". And I'm not talking about Owner Of A Lonely Heart(which is good).
One can like mid-70s Yes (which is excellent imho) and dance music you know...

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Oh het, you used to be my favourite moderator, but now after you say such words my world is shaken to the very core!
You think that's bad, I'm probably going to select the album Rites of Dawn by Wobbler (no dubstep relation) as my album of the year, which is basically entirely aping Yes circa Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales from Topographic Oceans :D

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

And on the topic of Glaswegian producers, I'll need to reveal the truth here that I've also never been a fan of HudMo.
I sort of wish I could enjoy him, but goddamn, his music is so bad it makes me angry.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Ras Het posted:

For an album with such a grammatically atrocious title it sure is polite and middle class.
Prescriptivist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Anmitzcuaca posted:

Haha I really want to see that too

Edit: found it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79RqvhfxeCA

He has another one for Porcupine where he follows his cat around the house with a bit of paper that says "C'est ne pas une 'porcupine'"
He loving owns.

• Locked thread