Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Resident Advisor with a new video documentary piece thing on the ten year of Untrue. To be honest pretty disappointing and you're much better off exercising yer brain and reading Simon Reynolds' piece on Pitchfork that came out a few weeks ago.

It's definitely a strange one for me looking back at it. Not only because you realise it's a decade old (seemed like only yesterday I remember picking up Burial's first EP on Hyperdub) but also it's strange to think of how little impact the spirit of Untrue/Burial has had.

I remember there was a bit of collective staring down on people who tried to do similar stuff at the time.
His style was so unique, that anybody making music in the same vein was, not always justly, seen as almost plagiarizing.

Or at least that's the feeling I got 10 years ago here in Belgium, when I came at an end of what was never a dj career.

In a way that reminded me of the time when I started dj-ing (yes I'm old), and DJ Shadow's Endtroducing came out.
It was rightfully seen as a masterpiece, but it also had such a unique thing going, that others almost made an effort steering clear of doing something like it and might get them branded as fanboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread