Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Considering I don't know any dubstep...If I had to come up with a dubstep mix that was about 3 hours long for a teen dance party (think 16-18ish) say in the next 24 hours...where should I start?

Nothing too deep. Just 3 hours of hits..

89 fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Cocheese Sammy posted:

You just need tracks?

Do you have steam? If you do, add Vonqueesha Shenaynay to friends and I'll send you a list of tracks for a playlist.

Also for 16-18 year old girls, I'd toss in some electronica or hardstyle along with it.
Steam as in the game server? My tag is Comatose89. It won't let me add friends since I haven't bought a game.

Yeah, believe me, this whole thing is weird, but whatever.

thepopstalinist posted:

If you're DJing for a party, especially a kiddie party, you're going to want to break out stuff the audience will be familiar with that will keep them moving, even if you have to hold your nose. Unless they're there to see you, you shouldn't be aiming to impress with your knowledge of musical context & history / your taste. So yeah, chainsaw wobble's what you want, probably (if you're here in the US, anyway). I believe there's a thread in EW about it. You won't find much of that here unfortunately!
Yeah, that's the thing, I'm trying to break out nothing but stuff the audience is familiar with as I don't listen to dubstep. I've done the whole electro thing and am familiar enough with it that I'm confident I could pull that off in a party situation, just not with dubstep. I'm trying to come up with all of those popular tracks.

89 fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 8, 2011

• Locked thread