Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoo Cafe
Jul 19, 2004
"You got, uhh, Holden Caulfield in there, man?"

Turin Turambar posted:

So... how would you use the chance to improve Daikatana, beyond the graphics?

Better ai pathfinding, of course.
But what else?

- Remove save crystals
- Fix audio distance falloff
- Remove explosives colliding with corpses
- Reduce player damage taken from episode 1 final weapon
- Recast Mikiko
- Improve animations on the Daikatana itself

at the bare minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
- Superfly Johnson renamed "Jeff"

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
"I can't leave without my buddy Jeff" lacks the raw emotional profundity and poetic meter of the original.

Voodoo Cafe
Jul 19, 2004
"You got, uhh, Holden Caulfield in there, man?"
at least they found an actual black guy to voice Jeff-erfly, unlike Mikiko's VO which is absolutely a white lady in a walmart geisha outfit holding her eyes back with her fingers while she reads her lines

at least it's not quite as offensive the Shofixti from Star Control 2 https://youtu.be/m_e-U6kH1ks?si=V_JMDyY4he2bznO3

game developers in the 90s really got away with a lot

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Voodoo Cafe posted:

game developers in the 90s really got away with a lot

yeah things really improved after the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He09JaBVZdE

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Redo Mikiko's VA work with Awkwafina talking about farts and taking shits in library study booths

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Guillermus posted:

He used the term jank. If he said "raw" only Blood II would be a valid choice

I'm hoping for more Lithtech. Blood II would be at least funny to see, I actually like SHOGO and would like to get that, I'm sure there are others too

It's KISS Psycho Circus, his phone just autocorrected "boring" into "jank"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kaiser hating BUILD would only be funnier by Stephen Kick throwing him Lithtech games to fix

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Redo Mikiko's VA work with Awkwafina talking about farts and taking shits in library study booths

Thats nasty dude. Why are you thinking about and mentioning such things?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Squeezy Farm posted:

Thats nasty dude. Why are you thinking about and mentioning such things?

I've had the Scuttlebutt song stuck in my head all year and the only way to release the curse is to pass it on to ten other people

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I fixed Joe Liberman's e-mail once and I feel like I might have made the world a little better place by breaking it again afterward.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would buy Kiss Psycho Circus remake.

Thats right, I would own it twice.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It would finally sell a second copy

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I fixed Joe Liberman's e-mail once and I feel like I might have made the world a little better place by breaking it again afterward.

Go look at the news

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Random Stranger posted:

Hey man, nice shot.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

That reminds me, everyone always says The Doom 3 theme is straight up just Lateralus by Tool but that opening bass riff is ALSO just taken right from Hey Man Nice Shot by Filter.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My friend stole a copy of Kiss Pyscho Circus for PC and I was so enamored I got it... for dreamcast.

I was a stupid child and am a stupid adult

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Barudak posted:

My friend stole a copy of Kiss Pyscho Circus for PC and I was so enamored I got it... for dreamcast.

I was a stupid child and am a stupid adult

Was it better or worse than witchaven

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Kaiser hating BUILD would only be funnier by Stephen Kick throwing him Lithtech games to fix
The funny part is that IIRC Kaiser actually likes Lithtech. He worked on one of the FEAR expansions as a level designer at the start of his career!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was it better or worse than witchaven

Better. Mediocre too late to the trends Quake-inspired gameplay that doesn't have one way door switches and automatic opening doors that can get their activation parameters reversed is leagues above in quality

Witchaven 2 is a rare breed of game where when things like doors work or a way back to earlier parts of a level with missable key items in it you actually feel relief.

Edit: It is worth noting in the plot of Kiss Psycho Circus you don't even play as kiss. You play as a member of a Kiss Tribute band

Barudak fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 28, 2024

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Psycho Circus is competently made but the whole Todd McFarlane aesthetic plus how dreadfully seriously it takes the lame story does no favors to the already bland gameplay.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Now if the game were Kiss Disco it might have kicked rear end

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Barudak posted:

Edit: It is worth noting in the plot of Kiss Psycho Circus you don't even play as kiss. You play as a member of a Kiss Tribute band

On the bright side, youre not kiss. On the other hand, you think they're cool enough to emulate. God what a tough call

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

On the bright side, youre not kiss. On the other hand, you think they're cool enough to emulate. God what a tough call

The good news is you never starred in Kiss Meet the Phantom of the Park
The bad news is you watched Kiss Meet the Phantom of the Park

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I watched the BotW on it, I'm pretty much an expert on it

Livo
Dec 31, 2023

The Kins posted:

The funny part is that IIRC Kaiser actually likes Lithtech. He worked on one of the FEAR expansions as a level designer at the start of his career!

I wonder why there was a very limited custom level & mod scene for later Lithtech games. I know there wasn't an example level included in the FEAR SDK, which made things much harder to work out, but the modding scene wasn't really that great for NOLF2 either. Was it mostly a "Very poor documentation" issue for NOLF2/FEAR, or were the tools/map editors Monolith included just really naff?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Embracer has sold Gearbox off to Take-Two. Of relevance to this thread is that the Brothers in Arms and Duke Nukem franchises are included in the sale. Which realistically means absolutely nothing for their ongoing continuation or availability, but look, it's a slow news day.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

The Kins posted:

Embracer has sold Gearbox off to Take-Two. Of relevance to this thread is that the Brothers in Arms and Duke Nukem franchises are included in the sale. Which realistically means absolutely nothing for their ongoing continuation or availability, but look, it's a slow news day.

I always bet on Duke, but it is taking a long time to get a Duke Nukem 5! Also Half-Life 3, but I'm just gonna keep waiting. It is a fascinating set of circumstances.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Obviously they're busy bringing this game back from the dead as we speak!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK2s982TzxQ

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Mierenneuker posted:

Obviously strong Inglourious basterds vibes from this.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

This somehow became Battleborn. Sometimes, dead is better.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Y'kno I'd actually love an Inglourious Basterds inspired squad based WW2 shooter but not with the Brothers in Arms name, kind of surprised we never got one.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I'd be ok if they used Superfly's name from the japanese VO, Sugureta Seiki

I remember years and years ago I did like... screenshot reviews in here, or the previous early fps thread maybe, and I tried to do KISS psycho circus but it was so loving gloomy i just felt depressed the whole time. it wasnt like a scary twisted circus, it was like a fuckin closed circus, which is more melancholy than spooky.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
KISS Psycho Circus was one of the very few games to receive a positive review on the SA front page back in the day

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
My pain will never end

Easily disproven by having eyes and a brain.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

The Kins posted:

Didn't take two own gearbox originally

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

My pain will never end

Easily disproven by having eyes and a brain.

I actually redownloaded M2 and Infinity yesterday and good lord the game feels so much better to play with modern mouselook, increased FOV and above 30 fps. I still stand by my assertion that Marathon 1 is not fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Nope, I'm half an hour in and this is some of the most obnoxious dog water. I'm out.

Convex posted:

I actually redownloaded M2 and Infinity yesterday and good lord the game feels so much better to play with modern mouselook, increased FOV and above 30 fps. I still stand by my assertion that Marathon 1 is not fun though.

I'm doing another playthrough of M2 right now with a mod that adds a soundtrack. Having a good time. I always thought of M2 had an official soundtrack it would sound similar to Alexander Brandon et al's work on Unreal.