Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean that penultimate map is probably the hardest in the game. I actually didn't find it too bad but maybe I'm just badass

Can you still do the cheese skip on CM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

crondaily posted:

Can you still do the cheese skip on CM?

Yep. I did.

Then I restarted the level

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I just noticed that Supplice started its Early Access release more than a year ago, on April 6, 2023.
On that time, the released 1/3 of the content (2 of the six promised episodes). I hope this doesn't turn into another Wrath, staying in EA for many years. :/

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Another voice agreeing with the general sentiment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GhnF7H7NlA

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Turin Turambar posted:

I just noticed that Supplice started its Early Access release more than a year ago, on April 6, 2023.
On that time, the released 1/3 of the content (2 of the six promised episodes). I hope this doesn't turn into another Wrath, staying in EA for many years. :/

Or viscerafest

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Takes No Damage posted:

I've started rebinding my FPS weapons to the letter keys around WASD based on hazily-defined weapon categories because I can only consistently hit the number keys up to 3 without looking. For example in Doom shotgun is on Z, chaingun on X, rocket lawn chair on C, plasma on V and BFG on Q.

tangentially related, I can't be the only one who struggles with keybinds in modern games because everything needs to match Doom. like even Eternal gives me trouble because there's no pistol or fists, and I can't decide whether the shotgun goes on 2 or 1, and the chaingun fills such a different role than in the classic games, and the chainsaw and BFG use their own ammo oh god

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

It’s by a lot of the back to Saturn x team, sooooo

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

lol 3drealms chat of them ragging on Civvie leaked, good job idiots

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

post it

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Takes No Damage posted:

I've started rebinding my FPS weapons to the letter keys around WASD based on hazily-defined weapon categories because I can only consistently hit the number keys up to 3 without looking. For example in Doom shotgun is on Z, chaingun on X, rocket lawn chair on C, plasma on V and BFG on Q.

That's a pretty good idea, really; I should look into that, thanks.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Exophobia releases July 23rd, a full release (given it's a Metroidvania, that makes sense)

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://twitter.com/MRIXRT/status/1782912916804542792?t=9FoH_u6aty63MAntrhKGJg&s=19

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I love how the devs' takeaway is "this should have never left 3DR so don't you dare talk about it".

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Arivia posted:

It’s by a lot of the back to Saturn x team, sooooo

I hoped they would understand that authors of free megawads can spend whatever numbers of years doing what they want, hey it's their free time, but the relationship with the consumers change dramatically when a exchange of money take place...
I'm a bit naive, I know.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Devs calling YouTubers clowns on their own server is such a nothing story

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Turin Turambar posted:

I hoped they would understand that authors of free megawads can spend whatever numbers of years doing what they want, hey it's their free time, but the relationship with the consumers change dramatically when a exchange of money take place...
I'm a bit naive, I know.

i think they basically stopped working on it to go do btsx e3

last update i saw was screens on doomworld last month for e2m6...e2...which came out last october

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tiny Timbs posted:

Devs calling YouTubers clowns on their own server is such a nothing story

Yeah, this is weird gossip poo poo and youtubers aren't your friends either

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
YES THEY ARE

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I know people are talking about it a lot but this Phantom Fury game is uh... perfectly cromulent, looking forward to playing it when it's out of EA

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It's just funny that those are the same youtubers they decided to send review keys to.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Me, an idiot for 25 years straight "Ahh yes perhaps THIS will be the shooter featuring Shelly "Bombshell" Harris that is good"

E: I mean this unironically, why can't there be a good game with this character? Angry bomb disposal team member who blew up and now has a robot arm, a big gun and a grudge is a good rear end character concept

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 24, 2024

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Tbh if you told me ten years ago that a former hypothetical Duke Nukem sidekick had three games of her own before Duke Nukem got another one, I wouldn’t have believed you.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
where is this supposedly attacking civvie at

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shoehead posted:

I know people are talking about it a lot but this Phantom Fury game is uh... perfectly cromulent, looking forward to playing it when it's out of EA

I thought cromulent meant good

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don’t really care about them poo poo talking their critics in private. The critics all taking issues with the same things is kind of telling though.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Milo and POTUS posted:

It generally has more of a "fine" or "acceptable" connotation to it, rather than straight-up positive.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

The criticism of youtubers is a huge nothing but the reaction to it is pretty funny

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Perfectly acceptable, you can shoot things and they die, it runs OK, no huge bugs, balance early on seems OK. Just totally OK.

I'd say it'd need more time in the oven but apparently it's been 5 years???

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

The Kins posted:

Total Chaos now has a Steam page. Remember that GZDoom TC that looked like a relatively modern game? The developer went on to do Turbo Overkill, and now he's returned to remake his old hobby project in A Proper Big-Boy Engine as a bit of a victory lap.

Aaaaahhhh. Another one! Goodness I'm glad to see GZDoomers on steam where money can be thrown at them.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Total Chaos was mostly impressive in the context of being a Doom mod, I don't know that I'd pay money for it. For one thing, the plot is the exact type of story that horror total conversions for PC first-person shooters always end up being (e.g. Cry of Fear, various abandoned mods for HL2) which I always find a cop-out. But also the game becomes a middling shooter in the back half, largely abandoning its sub-Condemned melee combat. I recall the map design being pretty cool tho.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
My biggest issue with Total Chaos is that your character's arms stick out sooooo far in the first person viewmodels. It's ridiculous!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Captain Walker posted:

tangentially related, I can't be the only one who struggles with keybinds in modern games because everything needs to match Doom. like even Eternal gives me trouble because there's no pistol or fists, and I can't decide whether the shotgun goes on 2 or 1, and the chaingun fills such a different role than in the classic games, and the chainsaw and BFG use their own ammo oh god

Having the "pistol" be a shotgun in Quake still trips me up :mad: But usually I'll try to keep the same categories of weapons on the same keys i.e. any short range high damage gun could be on the 'shotgun' key, fast weak weapons on the 'chaingun' key etc.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The shotgun is also the pistol in Doom Eternal

It is the evolution end point of the shooter, the crab form which they all slowly obtain

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Barudak posted:

The shotgun is also the pistol in Doom Eternal

It is the evolution end point of the shooter, the crab form which they all slowly obtain

50% awesome (Sticky Bomb launcher), and 50% suck (Full Auto, jesus gently caress what were they thinking)

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

instead of complaining about reviewers I would simply develop a good game instead

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

BattleMaster posted:

instead of complaining about reviewers I would simply develop a good game instead

One is harder than the other!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

50% awesome (Sticky Bomb launcher), and 50% suck (Full Auto, jesus gently caress what were they thinking)

Full auto sucks more so when the ammo pool in Doom Eternal is just tiny. And well, the damage output sucks too.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

site posted:

where is this supposedly attacking civvie at

Someone in the steam thread points to some vagueposting by some guy that was hired to promote the game. It could be Civvie he's referring to or it could be anyone else that said the same sort of things as Civvie did about the demo. Which if I remember rightly was the fairly boring "this isn't good, I hope it gets better by release but I doubt it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/weapogames/status/1783284002906050655?t=hicPq2rew5gDxAz88zNrnw&s=19