Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Convex posted:

Maybe a bit late, but there was an official patch for that

which isn't on steam :eng99:

Yeah I have the steam version and I couldn't get the patch to work. Thanks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

CJacobs posted:

If anyone actually buys one of these and gets The Keeper (the safe head guy from The Evil Within), I will buy it off of you for the price you paid for it. I want the little guy but they're blind boxes so the chance of getting one is pretty low and I don't wanna unbox 50 Dovahkins to get it.

Likewise for Keen. I always liked his design.

It also doesn't appear they have the Dovahkiin, just some guy cosplaying her. :colbert:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Kins posted:

♪ One of these things is not like the others... ♫

Oh wow, those are cool. I like them way more than the PopVinyl ones with the odd shaped heads.

CJacobs posted:

If anyone actually buys one of these and gets The Keeper (the safe head guy from The Evil Within), I will buy it off of you for the price you paid for it. I want the little guy but they're blind boxes so the chance of getting one is pretty low and I don't wanna unbox 50 Dovahkins to get it.

Wait, they're blind boxes? Oh, gently caress that. That's so lovely.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

(shamelessly stolen from kinsie's blog)

Aaaand just now I've figured out that the guy next to revenant is supposed to be Blazko. Goddamn those cutified redesigns are bad. Keen is still awesome.

So, where's dog from? Because I don't think it's from Reelism Wolfenstein?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The dog's from FO4, it's Dogmeat wearing his dog accessories.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CJacobs posted:

The dog's from FO4, it's Dogmeat wearing his doggles

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Top row is Doomguy, Blazko, a Revenant
Middle row is The Keeper, a dovahkiin, Alduin, Commander Keen, Dogmeat, uh... an elder scrolls character of some kind, and John Fallout (4)
Lower row is another Dovahkiin (John Skyrim), a BOS soldier from the bad Fallout games, New Corvo from Dishonored 2, Garrett: Incredibly Not Subtle Thief 4 Armor Edition, and Corvo Original Flavor

edit: As a die-hard fan of The Evil Within I'm glad Bethsoft considers it one of their best but they have a thousand figures of The Keeper and none of the main characters which makes me sad

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 13, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

CJacobs posted:

New Corvo from Dishonored 2, Garrett: Incredibly Not Subtle Thief 4 Armor Edition, and Corvo Original Flavor

Bethesda weren't responsible for unleashing Thi4f on the world, so that's actually Emily Kaldwin, some kind of TES character I guess, and Corvo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Emily's one of the Dishonored characters.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Bethesda weren't responsible for unleashing Thi4f on the world, so that's actually Emily Kaldwin, some kind of TES character I guess, and Corvo.

Nope it's Garrett, here's the outfit they modeled the figure after:

Although I have no idea where this concept came from because it doesn't even appear in the game.

edit: Oh wait it's from elder scrolls online, it came up as a thi4f thing when I searched for thi4f so I assumed that's where it was from. yeah that would make more sense and is also disappointing. so much elder scrolls representation

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 13, 2016

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

I don't know what you're talking about. That looks incredibly quiet and easy to sneak around in.:colbert:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well that's why I was confused, because it looks like Garrett's poo poo except kitted out for battling giant spiders or medieval ghosts which to be fair he does have experience with.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Dishonored 2 is getting kind of on the nose with the allusions between Corvo and Garrett, to the point of bringing in Stephen Russell to do the voice.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

CJacobs posted:

Well that's why I was confused, because it looks like Garrett's poo poo except kitted out for battling giant spiders or medieval ghosts which to be fair he does have experience with.

You say that like Garrett goes looking for giant spiders and medieval ghosts to gently caress up. :colbert:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Kins posted:

Dishonored 2 is getting kind of on the nose with the allusions between Corvo and Garrett, to the point of bringing in Stephen Russell to do the voice.

It's the best loving thing and I love it so much. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dishonored 2: THIEF5

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Dishonored 2: THIEF 4

They never released a sequel to Thief 3.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Lemon-Lime posted:

They never released a sequel to Thief 3.

CAjacobs has lost his marbles thanks to constant lets playing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm going to do a let's play of thief 4, it will be 1 video and it will be a webcam stream of me sobbing into a pillow

edit: I just finished Going Down, it was a real trip and also hard as poo poo which I think might have been the point maybe? My health was rocketing up and down like a rollercoaster.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
OK, this is loving awesome :golfclap:

Also the console pulls down just pressing the tilde key on my system, no need for any funny launch options.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

quote:

idgk
Toggle Glory Kills only. Makes all enemies immune to firearms and normal weapons, requiring player to kill them with Glory Kill animations.

:barf:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The melee executions are fun and satisfyingly meaty.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

The Kins posted:

♪ One of these things is not like the others... ♫

Man I want that revenant and commander keen

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

The melee executions are fun and satisfyingly meaty.

I feel like doomguy shutting up Optimus Prime was fairly satisfying and an excellent indicator for the rest of the game. :black101:

Also a very short intro cut scene to murder ratio. More games should really do this.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Kins posted:

I hadn't thought about that. I would've been really weirded out when Corvo talked for the first time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

I feel like doomguy shutting up Optimus Prime was fairly satisfying and an excellent indicator for the rest of the game. :black101:

Also a very short intro cut scene to murder ratio. More games should really do this.

Is that Optimus Prime? It sounded like a mix of Jigsaw and Spader's Ultron.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
CJacobs - also add rf1024 to your list. It's so good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Will do. I like maps that have a constraint on their design like that, it encourages creativity with what you have to work with I think.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The biggest thing with rf1024 is that the maps actually feel small, which is not always the case for 1024 maps. A lot of mappers seem to think the goal is to just make a normal sized map and cut down on movement space.

Also the new weapons. I'm a sucker for palette swaps and small cosmetic changes.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

rf1024 best 1024 wad (and great wad period). Map 20 is my favorite and also least favorite, it's frustratingly awesome. There is a Map 33, 3 secret levels.

Started playing Ancient Aliens, great so far (after 2 maps).

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

CJacobs posted:

Will do. I like maps that have a constraint on their design like that, it encourages creativity with what you have to work with I think.

I really liked the two 10 sector competition wads. ( https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/10sector and https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/10secto2 )

It'd be nice if someone ran a new competition for 10 sector wads, 15 years later on. There was some really impressive use with just 10 sectors in these two, and I just know it could be even better now.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ahoy posted a 1 hour quake video

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Zaphod42 posted:

Is that Optimus Prime? It sounded like a mix of Jigsaw and Spader's Ultron.

I thought it was whoever did Admiral Hackett from Mass Effect :sweatdrop:

Jordan7hm posted:

CJacobs - also add rf1024 to your list. It's so good.

I played through Congestion (I think, there's so many of those 1024 wads) and it was good as hell. Everyone is praising rf so I probably should check it out especially now that I'm on my "short 'n sweet maps" kick.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 13, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

I thought it was whoever did Admiral Hackett from Mass Effect :sweatdrop:

How do people not know who Lance Henriksen is? :wtc:

Roboman is apparently this guy, who hasn't done anything I know except Reinhardt in Overwatch, where he doesn't sound anything like his DO4M character: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0210875/

He does sound like budget Lance Henriksen, though.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 13, 2016

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

The Kins posted:

I like this idea that Dishonored is just straight up Thief now ever since the disaster of Thifourf.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

First Impressions of new Doom:
It does feel plenty fast, especially with the FOV at 130.:D The classic Doom areas make this feeling disappear plenty quick, since I can actually compare it to said game.
The weapons so far all feel pretty fantastic.
SECRET HUNTING.:argh:
Little Doomguy collectibles are the most adorable thing.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
A guy on reddit summed it up pretty well, Doom 2016 is the Mad Max of video games. Everybody was expecting the standard remake/reboot action fare that rode off the name but turns out it's one of the best offerings of the year and stands with the original(s).
It's my personal GOTY.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

A guy on reddit summed it up pretty well, Doom 2016 is the Mad Max of video games. Everybody was expecting the standard remake/reboot action fare that rode off the name but turns out it's one of the best offerings of the year and stands with the original(s).
It's my personal GOTY.

Man, I was hoping it would sort of disappoint, since I have absolutely no way to play it any time soon (PC's not good enough, don't have an Xbone or PS4). Dammit! Why you gotta be good, Do4m? Why?

In truth, I'm really glad that it's doing well and they seemed to have made a solid entry into the series. Looking forward to at least seeing where the modding and map-making goes from here. For now, there are still a TON of mods and WADs I haven't played for the originals, so I should probably make a checklist and see them all before even bothering with trying to find a way to play the new game.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

From level one:

I guess the lighting was broken in those pre-release videos, 'cuz it looks fine to me.

The switch to open the Green Armor room didn't work, but the switch to lower the platforms the zombies were standing on did. The zombies, on the other hand, kinda stood in mid-air for a while, before the game recognized something was up and snapped them back to the ground. Amusing.

EDIT: Yeah, okay, what this unlocked is actually pretty cool

Not just a snippet, not a SnapMap recreation, but the entirety of MAP01 proper, down to playing D_RUNNIN on an SC-55 - or at least, the Microsoft facsimile of one - the entire time.

poo poo's really hard, though. If you thought playing through MAP01 with Doom 2's peashooter was annoying, try doing it with Doom 4's dinky laser pistol. You could kill Fallen Humans in a bullet or three in Doom 2, but it takes waaay too many in Doom 4, and their shots hit pretty hard too. Charged shots to Glory Kills work pretty nicely, at least, and fortunately, the chainsaw is still there...

Shadow Hog fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Shadow Hog posted:

From level one:

I guess the lighting was broken in those pre-release videos, 'cuz it looks fine to me.

The switch to open the Green Armor room didn't work, but the switch to lower the platforms the zombies were standing on did. The zombies, on the other hand, kinda stood in mid-air for a while, before the game recognized something was up and snapped them back to the ground. Amusing.

EDIT: Yeah, okay, what this unlocked is actually pretty cool

Not just a snippet, not a SnapMap recreation, but the entirety of MAP01 proper, down to playing D_RUNNIN on an SC-55 - or at least, the Microsoft facsimile of one - the entire time.

poo poo's really hard, though. If you thought playing through MAP01 with Doom 2's peashooter was annoying, try doing it with Doom 4's dinky laser pistol. You could kill Fallen Humans in a bullet or three in Doom 2, but it takes waaay too many in Doom 4, and their shots hit pretty hard too. Charged shots to Glory Kills work pretty nicely, at least, and fortunately, the chainsaw is still there...

Yeah; you only find snippits in the levels themselves, but then you unlock the levels in their entirety with secrets and all on the main menu at that point. Its still kinda silly to play them in the Doom 4 engine, but its nice.

There is one of those secret maps in EVERY level of Doom 4 :) Also the original soundtracks play when you go to those levels, which rules.