Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

juggalo baby coffin posted:

theres the holsom twins thing and his reaction to it that is real bad
that's more down to the 'plot' and writing in DNF being terrible and taped together out of scraps of an unfinished game rather than any kind of comment on Duke. he was supposed to have Bombshell as a sidekick who would of been kind of a foil to him...then they cut her out and replaced her with Dylan who's thing is dick jokes and swearing I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Klaus88 posted:

Guess we're not getting a new AMC TC episode this year.
yeah sorry bout that, life just happens and it's been tough to find the energy to work on it. ep3 is literally 95% done, it's just getting the motivation to work on it when IRL stuff is putting pressure on me.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

The Kins posted:

No worries man. Getting 95% of the way there is great, but it's the remaining 95% that's a real motherfucker to push through. :v:
that sums it up quite succinctly yeah :shobon:

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

The gameplay of Unreal really picks up when you start fighting more of the Skaarj and have more of the weapons, they're still fun and challenging to fight even today. The lower-tier enemies are one of Unreal's weakpoints (although the click that the mosquitoes make when killed is still strangely satisfying)

I remember when Firestorm and The Chosen one mods were supposed to be around the corner and then they just disappeared. poo poo happens with amateur modding but I was kinda hoping Unreal would of gotten some kind of a swan-song in SP form since Epic have basically pulled the plug on everything not Fortnite related which is incredibly depressing.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Convex posted:

I thought the shooting bits in Rage were pretty fun :shrug:
Yeah I enjoyed it, although I did buy it for dirt cheap. The story is so void of any kind of substance that I just ignored it; I will agree with the common consensus that the ending was complete dog poo poo though.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

It feels bad to see people have fond memories of getting home from school and popping in MW2 and considering it old school, if only because that was over 10 years ago and it reminds me that time is forever slipping through our fingers :stare:

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Another Blood port just got released; this version is based on Eduke32 and supports the classic renderer as well as OpenGL .etc

https://forums.duke4.net/topic/10456-release-nblood-blood-port-based-on-eduke32/

I just tested it on Deathwish very quickly and so far it seems really solid.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

I still remember Gore and it's ridiculously terrible/amazing voice acting. I also remember all of the guns having alt-fire modes which weren't half-bad (probably the only positive thing about it)

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

To be honest I think even without mimicking Half-life a lot of the mediocre shooters we got after it would still of been mediocre - you can only argue they might of fared a bit better if they'd just stuck to shooting and not try to shoe-horn bad stories in (or miss the point of Half-life in that it didn't have cutscenes and it told its story with very little exposition)

it is sad to see people dis Half-life due to its influence on everything when that's like blaming Aliens for the existence of Ghosts of Mars.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

thanks for posting Kins!

Mordja posted:

I tried AMC a few months ago and couldn't figure out how to leave the base. :saddowns:
Head to the lobby on the ground floor, you can go down the steps behind the receptionist to the main base (alternatively right click on a character portrait to be taken there straight away) You can head to the mission terminal which is basically a GUI containing all available missions. The very first's located in America, near LA.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Flannelette posted:

Does Episode 3 have a fix for if you've already played 1 and 2 and you don't want to be a walking arsenal because you went though and unlocked all the over powered special guns but you also don't won't to play the whole thing again to get to episode 3?
it's built with having a walking arsenal in mind, if you did EVERYTHING for the first 2 episodes than hit Episode 3 on a higher skill level and you should be good (just remember damage types and stuff like that)

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

quote:

I've never heard of this before, glad I randomly decided to click the link. Full games in other engines make me a bit sad because it feels like they could have spent that energy on making something that could get them some money.
We started work on this way back in 2007 before this new retro-boom came out - to be honest I'm not an artist or even a proper coder so this is basically the only way I could really make something like this. It is kinda dumb to spend over 12 years of my life on this but hey, poo poo happens :v:

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Glagha posted:

Okay I'm sold, I saw a video of the AMC TC. Is there a legal way to get Duke 3D that isn't a poo poo version like World Tour or whatever?
it's standalone so you don't need anything else to play it.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

it looks good, but I'm one of the handful of people on the planet who really liked the original Xen; I think the barren alien nature of it is gonna be diluted somewhat with swamps, vegetation and human tech lying around the place.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

hl2's still a masterpiece and D3 will always be intensely mediocre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

The preview campaign was far better than either Dusk or Amid Evil, so I guess we'll see for ourselves tommorow.

That RPS review was incredibly obnoxious.

Jblade fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 14, 2019