Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
One of the best OPs I have seen in a while - good job! :) The early FPS era was the best era as far as I am concerned...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
I recently bought all the Dooms on Steam ( during the Quakecon sale ), and I have been having an absolute blast playing through Ultimate Doom with Zdoom. Widescreen support and mouselook makes the gameplay amazing - I just can't go back to keyboard-only anymore - and I don't feel like I need any further graphical enhancers. I am now trying to survive E4M2 on Ultra Violence, and call it a lack of skill or a fiendish map-design, but I feel like having a real challenge for the first time during this playthrough. With mouse-support ( and some old muscle-memory, I guess ) the first three episodes weren't that difficult on UV.

I promised myself to finish Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 and Final Doom before I test my skills with community-made WADs. I still have a pretty long way to go.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Mak0rz posted:

Plutonia on Ultra-Violence is a skill test in itself.

I can imagine - I have tested Final Doom before ( never owned it, though ), and from what I remember it was difficult as hell.

I finished Ultimate Doom on Ultra-Violence, and the fourth episode - past the first few levels - was surprisingly tame in difficulty. I remember it being much harder than it was.