Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Kins posted:

It's also conveniently included with the PC version of Ludicrous Edition!

Thanks for heads up.

Lets just skip how having actual heights to the floors and not needing to always be 90 degree angles improve a game. The modder to this messed with the TTK like how I have been thinking needed to happen and lets you keep all explosive weapons separately alongside the 100 life items giving you a godmode now instead of a one-up. These little changes are just massive quality of life improvements to ROTT, which even in this form would still frankly not be a very good game but thems the awful hitscanner enemy roster breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I wont play pool, but I will play Selaco

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

I'm a bitter rear end bitch but man sometimes it's so so so frustrating to see aggressive mediocrity get rewarded.

Sometimes it clicks with the right people

And besides the film would have to try drat hard to be worse than the Max Payne movie

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also, if you haven't seen the Max Payne movie its hard to explain how terribly 2/5 it is. It squanders not only Max Payne, but it squanders the type of movie it wanted to force Max Payne. It's like if somebody ground up filet mignon to make hamburger meat and then decided to not even cook the patties.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It's uniquely horrible in my video game films collection. Dour and charmless, but without any of the pulpy histrionics of the actual game. It doesn't even have the balls to get bombastic and fly off the tracks like the Resident Evil films.

Yep. If you're going to refuse to do what made the property work, at least do something with the movie. Its Bartleby the Scrivener of films, it doesn't want to do anything.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lmao they convinced me a sewer shark to not buy it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The shotgun is also the pistol in Doom Eternal

It is the evolution end point of the shooter, the crab form which they all slowly obtain

Barudak
May 7, 2007

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

50% awesome (Sticky Bomb launcher), and 50% suck (Full Auto, jesus gently caress what were they thinking)

Full auto is hampered by the ammo pool size of Doom Eternal and not having a real role until they kludged one for it in the DLC by basically treating shotgun as an elemental damage type.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

What were all the "killers"? You know, games that were hyped to both meet and exceed x game in quality and fun factor and then bury it in sales. Doom killer and quake killer seem the most notable but I remember PS2 killzone being hyped as a halo killer back when. I'm asking because I got Reaver recently and while I haven't played beyond the demo yet it seems kinda unfair that anyone could consider it an ultrakill-killer. Not that it's bad but because they clearly love the source material so

None of them worked so that marketing became a poison touch nobody wanted to apply to their game, honestly.

Outside of that games take so loving long to develop now by the time your knockoff of popular thing is out popular thing may already be naturally at end of life cycle anyway.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dont forget Haze and Pariah!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know what was great about The Darkness? There wasn't anything supernatural except the titular Darkness

You know what kind of sucks about The Darkness 2?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hogama posted:

Not that it refutes your point, but it is a comic book adaptation, and the Angelus was part of that from the outset. Especially since it was supposed to be part of a greater Top Cow universe with Witchblade.

Yes, but the Darkness 1 is also unlike the comics, like, a lot and part of The Darkness 2's flaws is bringing more of the comic book in

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Darkness 1 is incredibly good, go play it.

I mean, its kind of messy and rough and feature short but its got an emotional heart thats surprising for a game where you literally eat a lot of dudes hearts.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rage 2 is quite fun but being an open world didn't feel like it played to the games strengths that much.

That and the weapons were varied but the shotgun and rifle were 90% or more of the time the most efficient option.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Started Quake 2 Remaster’s Call Of The Machine and hollllllly shiiiiiiiiiiit the remaster should’ve been centered around this.

Its so good right????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally the time has come, Herexentic