Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I just set up Eduke for the first time and I was wondering what you all would suggest I do to make just the normal atomic edition of duke 3d as baller as possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I just got the latest gzdoom along with brutal doom and the 2011 soundtrack to give a go, and I am not getting any sound. Any ideas where to start looking for a fix? I've been messing around with the sound options in-game and I haven't had any luck.

EDIT: When I start the game up and that little console window pops up and starts running poo poo, I swear I saw a red line that said something like "sound failed to init". I can't be sure because it scrolls so quickly and you cant scroll up that far once you are in the game.

Gooch181 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 14, 2011

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Oh man I just finished E1M1 with brutal doom and the 2011 soundtrack. This is going to be awesome.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I just finished command control with Brutal Doom and I still cant believe that someone actually made doom doomier. This poo poo rocks.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

Kazvall posted:

Earth Special Forces. Anyone else remember Firearms, as well? Or when DoD had bleeding and tanks?

I used to play the poo poo out of firearms. It was awesome up until like 2.5 or something and it started to change a bit. Still wish that poo poo would come out for source I would gladly give it another shot.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

treat posted:

It did? http://www.moddb.com/mods/firearmssource

It's the legitimate Firearms sequel, too. The hijackers behind FA2 supposedly just gave up at some point and their Moddb page is littered with vicious comments about their lovely mod and moral character.

I never heard that it released, thanks!

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Has anyone tried the Doom Roguelike Armory mod? I keep trying to drop armor and boots but I just keep dropping my weapons. I've read the thread with the download a few times over and I still can't figure it out. I use the brackets to select what I want to drop, then I have tried the drop button and the down arrow mentioned in the control menu.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
That's what I keep trying to do. I've used my actual use key {opening doors, etc), the control key that drops weapons and the key I mapped to activate item.

Edit: and the other key I mapped to drop item under inventory. I must be doing something wrong as hell.

Gooch181 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 25, 2013

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I haven't played it too much because I've spent the time I've had with it trying to figure out how to drop armor, but I IDKFA'd myself a sneak-peek. There are a lot of guns, and a lot of them seem pretty awesome. I found a tactical shotgun on E1M1 and it was fantastic. It was different, but it still felt very Doomy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
For me, drop weapon was already bound to control, which I have to double tap. I just figured out how to equip and drop armors this morning.