Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r2x
Jan 13, 2008
What did the teapot say to the chalk?

Nothing, you silly. Teapots can't talk.
I picked up SW: Dark Forces for the Mac at a Goodwill although I do not have a Mac. Am I correct in believing theres no real great emulation setup for old Mac (OS7) compared to DOSBox for DOS. I tried SheepShaver but it seemed iffy and I could not really get anything to run, although I may have configured stuff incorrectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r2x
Jan 13, 2008
What did the teapot say to the chalk?

Nothing, you silly. Teapots can't talk.

ToxicFrog posted:

Sheepshaver is really the closest thing, but it's not nearly as easy to use as Dosbox - you have to actually get install disk images for MacOS and install them on it. It emulates a blank Macintosh computer, not an OS. It's also, IME, not as fast as dosbox.

In general, if there are both MacOS and DOS versions of a game available, you'll have a much easier time with the DOS version; is there a reason you didn't just pick it up on Steam?

Alternately, you could wait for the XL Engine to be finished and then play it in that, if it'll load the Mac resources.
Well I mean it was 2.5$ complete in (big) box so I picked it up for the novelty and thought it would be fun trying to get it to run. I'll try SheepShaver again sometime and if that doesn't work out I will try out DarkXL.