Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm using GZDoom and BrutalDoom works perfectly. Maybe Skulltag is loving it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

All that work for nothing. :(

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

jimmy boag posted:

It'd be nice if the shotgun auto reloaded immediately after you've fired the last cartridge, rather than waiting until you go to fire again. I dunno how many times I've been shot because I've put myself into the line of fire and when I go to shoot I start reloading instead :argh:

Just reload every time you have a moment where no monsters are around. Or hit reload every corner.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Just wait until you get to the city levels. Or monster condo.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Well, I'm scared now.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Goddamit, gently caress Alien Vendetta.

The levels are large and beautiful, it plays nice with Brutal Doom, but boy, but it sure tired me out. Having hundreds+ of monsters and killing them all is really fun, but when the some of the maps begins to constantly throw Cyberdemons at you, it really begins to drag out.

gently caress Alien Vendetta.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Alien Vendetta Map20 is the worst level I've ever played in any "good" Doom WAD, and that includes like, all of Eternal Doom and TNT

e: actually, it might be Z1M3 from KDIZD. Don't really want to double check, though

Between any map that I've played from AVpretty much any wad and any map from KDiZD, I'd say that the worst is the one from KDiZD.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ddraigcymraeg posted:

Hehe, yeah I am reading the thread. You can skip past MAP26 by going to the console and typing in 'MAP MAP27', you'll keep online scoring, but your wad score will go back to 0 (this is to stop cheating by simply warping back a level with your score intact etc..). You'll need to just get through it to keep your wad score, unfortunately.
I need to play through AV, and see what this infamous MAP26 is like.

Take a look on the automap.

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/MAP20:_Misri_Halek_%28Alien_Vendetta%29

I actually liked this map, it was very pretty and challenging, but it just went on for too long and it kinda slows down to a crawl by the end.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 20, 2011

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It's been that way for a while. No idea why.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

tooooooo bad posted:

Looks like a lot of projectiles pass through monsters without hitting them which is kind of annoying. Still amazing though.

edit: So amazing

:stare:

What was going on in the end with all those explosions?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Hammsturabi posted:

At first I thought you were crazy but this actually sounds pretty ergonomic, especially if you're using a laptop where the keyboard is fixed to the monitor and using WASD would require bending your wrist sideways.

How the gently caress?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

This is amazing. I was getting ready to leave because I sucked at all of the previous rounds, but I decided to stick for a last round.

First round:
-Something
-Tank!
-Bronies

Second Round:
-Something
-Flame weapons
-Bronies

Then I flametrowed myself, but it was awesome.

My complaints:
- I felt I wasn't getting enough weapons, but this may just be the RNG.

- The eyeballs enemies are too tough, but that may be because I was using lousy wepaons

- gently caress those jetpack dudes.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Meh. The level looks really pretty, but is it really worth the effort since the enemies are so ugly?

At least they aren't sprites.

Changing the subject, has Brutal Doom becoming more and more demanding of your computer to play or it is just my notebook getting old (2009)?

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 30, 2011

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Dominic White posted:

It's actually gotten less demanding. About 2-3 updates back the density of smoke and blood effects was greatly reduced.

Somehow I missed the last 2-3 updates. :downs: Thanks!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

QwertySanchez posted:

I've got some other ideas/suggestions too, if you don't mind 'em

I Love the vibe of this mod, it's like there was a cold war over demon murdering and Russia Crippled their economy and their workforce to make this happen.

And Vodka. Lots and lots of Vodka.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

tooooooo bad posted:

I really feel like at least one of the characters in that wad, probably the cyborg guy, should carry a bottle around with him to supplement his fists weapon from which you could periodically regularly take a swig to restore health or something because that's how vodka works on Russians right? Like smoking a cigarette in Vanquish.

But what about his fart weapon?

Reelism + Russian Overkill = Match made in heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Minidust posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-30-doom-3-bfg-edition-announced-for-pc-ps3-xbox-360

Doom 3 to be re-released in a "BFG Edition" for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC!

I'm hoping for the inclusion of mouselook ala GZDoom into the DOOM 1/2 console ports, but something says to me that they won't. :smith: