Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
THE LEGEND OF LEPER COLON V LIVES ON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##activate FTL

:psylon:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't even remember my BSG legacy, except for one game where I managed to be a decent cylon basically by being really good at seeming/being incompetent.

Edit

Poison Mushroom posted:

Bot-father, who art in Skynet, hallowed be thy boot.
Thy Judgment come, thy will be done on Gac as it is in Cappy.
Give us this turn our donut snack,
And let us make trespasses,
So we can beat those who trespass against us.
For yours is the Judgment, the power, and the core heat,
Forever and ever,

Chkdsk

##activate Caprica

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 24, 2016

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't even remember my BSG legacy,

kitchen sink

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

fits posted:

kitchen sink

quote:

Okay, yeah, losing was worth it just for that reaction.
oh, right, that game where I was so bad, I turned a shoo-in Human win into a loving catastrophe.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
New game opening tomorrow once I'm home from the holiday travels! Prepare yourselves!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Podima posted:

New game opening tomorrow once I'm home from the holiday travels! Prepare yourselves!

:doh:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Podima posted:

Cocks Cable come fite me.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Uuuugh it's been so long since I've been in one. Can't even remember what's in Daybreak!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Podima posted:

My F5 key is ready

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

[BSG] The Other Option Was REALLY lovely. is now open for sign ups! If there's enough interest to support a second game, I might even be crazy enough to do that too - so put your name in the hat!

Podima fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 26, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

[BSG] The Other Option Was REALLY lovely. is now open for sign ups! If there's enough interest to support a second game, I might even be crazy enough to do that too - so put your name in the hat!

And if you were too slow...

[BSG] You're the Admiral. How can you mutiny against yourself? has 1 spot left!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Objection: You can't use the same game name twice!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toshimo posted:

Objection: You can't use the same game name twice!

Oh gods dammit is that one a duplicate? Oh well. Call it a homage!

Also, that game's full too. Sorry folks, I'm not running THREE games at once. Yet.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Podima posted:

Oh gods dammit is that one a duplicate? Oh well. Call it a homage!

Also, that game's full too. Sorry folks, I'm not running THREE games at once. Yet.

Not only was it a dupe, but it was a game you played in: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743486&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

That one never finished, it's reasonable that I wouldn't remember it. :v:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Jesus gently caress we need more people hosting these games. I haven't been able to make into one in like a year. :doh:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I forgot about this until just now. :smith:

Oh well, these are always fun to watch. :munch:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mills posted:

Jesus gently caress we need more people hosting these games. I haven't been able to make into one in like a year. :doh:

I've been trying to make it into one for at least two years! It was total serendipity that I noticed this one before it got filled.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
I'd love to join one of these but I'm very, very new to the rules and it seems we're short of people who can host them. :smith:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

motoh posted:

I'd love to join one of these but I'm very, very new to the rules and it seems we're short of people who can host them. :smith:

One will show up every so often. As far as the rules go, it can be worth reading back over previous games - the OP has a huge list - as this will help you get a sense for what behaviour to watch out for, and what behaviour to avoid.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Stelas posted:

One will show up every so often. As far as the rules go, it can be worth reading back over previous games - the OP has a huge list - as this will help you get a sense for what behaviour to watch out for, and what behaviour to avoid.

Step 1: MURDER ALL HUMANS
Step 2: Realize you are human, too.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ground Control to Major Pod :ohdear:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Updates will resume today, this was not a relaxing weekend at all. :sigh:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

motoh posted:

Don't worry about it! In fact you should play because you only get to use the newbie defence for a game or two to cover for all your robot activities

I suggest picking OG Baltar, he effectively has no drawback

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Is there a master list somewhere of all the current goon game resources? That is, the go-to unofficial/variant characters, skill cards, etc.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I played an in-person game with three new players recently (and a veteran to hit 5), and I drew both the Cylon cards. :( I tried to go a little easy but ended up soloing* the Cylon win. I felt like an rear end in a top hat, it must've looked like I stacked the loyalty deck. The least fun game-state in BSG is the doomed human slog where they're all convinced they're going to die and the stupid jump track won't advance.

*this isn't true, I did make the newbie President into a Cylon on the second-to-last go round the table and she made a key play to set up the win. But it would've been more fun with two new Cylons.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The Other Option Was REALLY lovely has ended in a human victory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-aWMAvw6NQ

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
You would draw Piloting you Fracking toaster is recruiting six poorly optimized players characters to attempt to survive the cylon onslaught!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is Coolguye still around? I'm wondering what happened to our better version of DeckCylon.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Some Numbers posted:

Is Coolguye still around? I'm wondering what happened to our better version of DeckCylon.

Probably not much. He still exists, he just has a fuckton of really important stuff he does in his spare time like lets plays and trolling the XCOM 2 thread. I poked him for you though!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
http://io9.gizmodo.com/rip-richard-hatch-the-original-apollo-and-a-tireless-b-1792109201

:smith:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh gently caress

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Some Numbers posted:

Fellis posted:

Probably not much. He still exists, he just has a fuckton of really important stuff he does in his spare time like lets plays and trolling the XCOM 2 thread. I poked him for you though!

Hello frendz! Thanks for pinging me about this, Fellis.

Anyway, DeckManager is still around, but unfortunately it is still basically in the same situation it always was. The quandary I run into is that after the roughly 3-month period I had where things were light at work and I had a ton of spare energy to program with, I ended up basically going back to work. I don't mean any of the following to be an excuse (I still think about DeckManager about once a week, usually on a drive to/from work or while falling asleep), but to explain why I've dropped off the face of the map to a large extent.

So I'm a programmer for my daily bread, right? For better or for worse, that's a very in-demand skill set in the market. So I tend to be running that part of my brain 8-10 hours a day by default just because that's how I'm earning my money, but I also end up engaging it between 3-5 times a week in my off time to network. And networking is very important because I've been working at establishing and making money off my own business for...well, a long while now, and while I won't bore any of you with any of the details beyond that, let me just say that the struggle is loving real. And I don't even only program for that. I also do all of the finance and most of the logistics support we need for those businesses, too, which is more basically hard core computational poo poo.

The point basically is that by the end of a day, I've typically worked well over the usual 8 hour shift and it's almost all hard math of some stripe or another. Programming is mostly algebra, so when I get home at the end of the night and think "man, I should really get something with DM done", my brain pretty much immediately gags at the idea of going back into the breach. Telling people to shut the gently caress up about goddamn Long War in the XCOM 2 thread and doing Let's Plays, if you can wrap your head around this, is actually how I try to kick my brain out of that mode. I'm that far gone. :v:

Anyway, the bottom line is that the fact that I haven't finished DeckManager bothers me at least 3 times a week. It's a nice project, you are a nice bunch of dudes, and the games in the Game Room are a bunch of nice reads. There needs to be more of them. I just have a lot of trouble working up the focus to put the last...probably ~20 hours of work that DM needs to be functional when the thing currently putting food in my stomach and medicine in my aunt's arm, and the ambition that I hope will finally free me from the the working grind and also retire my saintly father both use the same part of my brain that DM does. I want to go back to it soon, and if anyone knows someone who has any level of C# expertise I would be more than happy to guide/instruct/be a resource for that person to help bring the project across the finish line. But that's basically the reason it's taken so long; I just can't program for more than about 10-11 hours a day without my brain simply going 'no more', and I continue to hit that mark on a fairly regular basis.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

And that's perfectly understandable and I don't blame you at all. I can certainly relate to getting off work and not wanting to think about it at all.

And I just work in a call center. So no worries.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I haven't touched C# in a couple years and this repo in about the same, but I might be able to find some time to knock out some of the issues listed on GitHub. I'm also a developer by trade so I understand the difficulty firing up an IDE at night instead of doing literally anything else. But I am looking for a new job and remembering C# seems like a smart thing to do so maybe I'll make some time. Looks like there are plenty of issues to resolve listed in GitHub - I'm curious what mental notes you've taken for what needs to be done for DM to be functional.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Some Numbers posted:

And I just work in a call center. So no worries.

You poor bastard. 3 years helpdesk, never again.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Clanpot Shake posted:

I haven't touched C# in a couple years and this repo in about the same, but I might be able to find some time to knock out some of the issues listed on GitHub. I'm also a developer by trade so I understand the difficulty firing up an IDE at night instead of doing literally anything else. But I am looking for a new job and remembering C# seems like a smart thing to do so maybe I'll make some time. Looks like there are plenty of issues to resolve listed in GitHub - I'm curious what mental notes you've taken for what needs to be done for DM to be functional.

Basically just tell me how you'd like to collaborate (steam/irc/email/loving MSN Messenger if you like) and we can start talking through it. We were using IRC for a little while, that seemed to work okay? There's a fair number of things that need to be done to just do basic stuff, and then there's a whole nother slew of nice to haves, like the DRADIS rendering and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Coolguye posted:

We were using IRC for a little while, that seemed to work okay?

Obligatory Discord plug - wouldn't be that hard to throw up a new room. The TG boardgame one's at https://discord.gg/xmMwUe3

• Locked thread