Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I don't even know when I'll go to the US (if I go at all), so I don't know when I'll read it. I'm bummed about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I hate you all who got the book. It is going to be a long time for me to get it.
From what I saw, Dany keeps screwing up, doesn't she? And that the Meereneese (tons of eee's) knot doesn't get really resolved. I hope it is good anyway, I've been hating the GRRM for a long time now.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I can deal with the wait for Winds of Winter, as it might never come out and that's ok. But I feel like a horse with a dangling carrot in front of it and it sucks.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I caved in and got an ebook. I liked it overall, but gently caress emo goony virginprince Quentyn and his stupidity, and Meereen dragged for so long I thought it would never end.

I also spoiled Theon being alive to my brother, who didn't know a thing since he finished AFFC. Whoops.

For the language discussion: I don't really mind his different words at all, must be because English is not my first language and they don't seem queer to me.

The thing I'm the most interested in, though, did Arya warg into a cat? or was that my imagination?

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

JohnnyDangerously posted:

I just caught the "blue-eyed king" line on a re-read of ACOCK and instantly thought of Jon as well. I'm thinking Jon's going to have to sacrifice Ghost, killing the 'warg' within him to complete his re-birth. I've a feeling he won't be able to master his 'wightness' until he completes the rebirth. Which sucks for Ghost, but anything to progress the plot, am i right?

Noooo, I would hate that.

I actually thought the blue eyed king bit did refer to Stannis, and the part about no shadow somehow references the killing shadows Melisandre produced.

I liked the book, but I rushed reading it. When I get a vacation I will read it slowly.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Who is going to play Ygritte on the series? I didn't find her on IMDB. Does anyone know?

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
It is known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo what happened here, that book page is terrible.