Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

batomys
Sep 16, 2008

I just powered through the first 4 books in about 2 weeks, and wow, what a huge disappointment A Feast for Crows was. Here I was thinking that 4 books in we'd finally get some real time with the Night's Watch/Wall and more than a cameo from the Others. Looking forward to the next book though, hopefully it won't have another 500 pages of Brienne's travel journal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

batomys
Sep 16, 2008

Tony Danza Claus posted:

You misspelled "Hot Pie".

Seconding this, one of the few times I laughed out loud while reading the books is when Arya/Arry lets loose with a 'WINTERFELL!' battlecry and he follows up with a heroic 'HOT PIE!' as he hacks some dude's neck with an axe.

batomys
Sep 16, 2008

This thread needs more GoT haiku:

Shagga, son of Dolf /
Threatens to cut off manhood /
Feed it to the goats

Wayman Manderly /
Having some friends for dinner /
Three pies from The Twins

batomys
Sep 16, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

Not needed anymore, because Bran POVs are a magic window into the past now. All we need to see is Ned praying in front of a heart tree: "Dear old gods, please let nobody figure out that Jon is the kid of my sister and Rhaegar, also let me keep my head for many years to come, lots of love, Ned."

My theory is that now that Jon is "dead" he will meet up with Ned in the shadowlands/limbo and they'll finally have that chat about his mother that Ned promised they would "the next time we see each other". Ned will tell Jon where his bones ended up (they were being sent north, but never made it) ask him to take his remains to the crypts under Wintefell, and to do the same for Robb's bones. Afterwards he'll get pulled back to the land of the living in Ghost, as a wight, or resurrected by Melisandre.

batomys
Sep 16, 2008

Chase Carver posted:

...Targs are prone to twins and incest, and Jaime and Cersei are all over that.

I keep seeing this rationalization and it's really silly... as if somehow sexual preferences are passed on genetically from generation to generation. If your parents are into incest and do that poo poo around you (or with you, *gulp*) sure you may pick it up as a learned behavior, but otherwise, no. Great-grandma may have liked to get down with jazz musicians back in her day, but it doesn't mean I'm going to start whacking off to photos of Fats Waller or Thelonius Monk.

batomys
Sep 16, 2008

drkhrs2020 posted:

Dinklage gets the Emmy for Tyrion.

He'll find out soon enough, hands of gold are always cold...

batomys fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 19, 2011

batomys
Sep 16, 2008

Jaqen H'car spotted on Mythbusters last night

batomys
Sep 16, 2008

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

:psyduck: I don't have any idea what this is.

I think it's a reference to Crono Trigger.

batomys
Sep 16, 2008

IRQ posted:

Here lies BUTTASS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

batomys
Sep 16, 2008

bigmcgaffney posted:

- Ford The River
- You capsized!
- JCONN has contracted GREYDICK.

Mereenese Trail would be the best game ever.