Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dendra
May 3, 2009

Ika posted:

As for the normal bookstores selling them, I have rarely seen them hold back a book after they have received the shipement, I have seen variou books out over a month early.

I called a bunch of places and they're all insistent on waiting till the 12th :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dendra
May 3, 2009
A friend said she was nearly done with Dance and I remembered this thread. Turns out it's still alive. What fraudulent release date estimate is the GRRM peddling for the next book? (I haven't kept up with anything other than the 1st season of the show)

Dendra
May 3, 2009
hello bad thread, i figure i should come back here to coincide with the new HBO season.

please rape me with lemoncakes to make me feel welcome, tia

Dendra
May 3, 2009

Urdnot Fire posted:

Only the crows and Gurm won.

Even Viconia, god of the bad thread fell

Dendra
May 3, 2009
I'm sure he'll go through with it anyway, he's not the sort of person to fall short of what's expected

Dendra
May 3, 2009
Did they rewrite the Jaime/Catelyn release thing, because otherwise this season is going to be him sitting in a dungeon for 10 episodes.

Dendra
May 3, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

better stick with Iron Bank, Tyrions a Lannister.

Tyrion's a targ dude

Enigma89 posted:

I was really hoping they would start building up on the fact that there are dragons but it seems a bit useless that they are just in the middle of the desert and not doing anything. I think we only saw the desert for a single scene and that was it :(

And so it begins. How many scenes of Dany doing fuckall will there be this season?

Dendra
May 3, 2009

quote:

he's much too much of an interesting character to die of infection or accident in Robb's camp

If that's what they think about characters dying, then that thread is going to be amazing next season :3

Dendra
May 3, 2009
Feast had the potential to be redeemed by Dance, if the characters he didn't include had done cool stuff or whatever.

Instead we got Tyrion riding a pig.

Dendra
May 3, 2009
The only way Feast is a decent book is if you don't compare it to the first 3 though.

Incidentally, in the leaked episode 2, HBO cuts from sex scene (Theon and salt wife) -> random brothel scene -> Littlefinger wiping cum off a whore's face and sending her to another customer

This show is awesome.

Dendra fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Apr 3, 2012

Dendra
May 3, 2009
Some random whore because what this show needs is more gratuitous sex

quote:

I highly highly doubt Renly is gonna go out like a punk by some shadow baby. His loverboy maybe. Clearly losing him is what's going to kick it up a notch.

Maybe we will get some of those delicious tears after all :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dendra
May 3, 2009
I saw the GRRMs notablog post and remembered this thread. I always thought it was a bit of a joke when we said we'd get our closure from the show, back when it first premiered.

One book in ten years.

Truly an absolute fucker.