Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Hey, someone should probably put this here, I guess :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzXsqoJhtE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Does it feature one of those nacho boats?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

1) That owns, because Neil Marshall owns.

2) That's unfair : Neil Marshall could direct an elementary school nativity play, and it would be amazing.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

She died, remember?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Kevin McKidd should play Ser Pounce.

I don't mean voice him or some bullshit.

Paint some loving whiskers on that fucker's face and get to work.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Don't lie.

There is but one actor that can properly play Strong Belwas.

The depths of his character.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

So, for the record, can I get clarification of who we think might be Azor Ahai?

Possible :

Zombie-Jon
Daenerys
Doulbe-Zombie Beric
Thoros
Wun Wun
Ser Pounce

Definitely not :

Stannis
lemonjape

That about right?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

whowhatwhere posted:

Oh dear. You've insulted The Bad Thread's Lord and Saviour.

Viconia?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

...it rhymes with carrion thew.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I want one of those Petz games but you're a goa'uld and it's you brushing your parasitized avatar's hair and doing their make-up.

Humanz!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Wait, what the hell "rat king moment" are you talking about?

I mean, I know drink a lot, both in general and while reading that turd, but I don't remember a rat king.

Was I hammered, or is this a metaphor?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Okay.

I forgot about the stupid song so the reference made no sense.

Frey pie is the best pie.

I was going to photoshop up some fray bentos = frey pie thing but... :effort: Use your imagination. (To come up with an ending to this book series.)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

GRRM, GRRM is like a wheel. He's round, his diameter is massive, and any given point of his circumference could be mistaken for his face or anus.

Your car must be horrifying.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Ehhh, I've known one or two girls who've gone by Cat when they probably should have gone with Kate instead. It's less a "this sounds like that" than a "this has the same letters as that" diminutive. Some nicknames don't make a lot of sense, like Jack, Bill, or Hank. (Or Ned.)

To anyone who thinks nicknames make any sense based on sounds :

Peggy.

Seriously, gently caress the name Peggy. Where did all the other letters go?!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Desert Bus posted:

My issue with Mel is her enunciation. It sounds to me like she went overboard trying to sound spooky and magical.

That's called "being German".

Racist.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

But Robb has fans and as we all know GRRM loves pleasing his fans.

He's been knocking everyone down just so he can bring them back for a massive orgy of cliche.

The next cliche he brings down is the cliche of breaking cliches.

He's playing a long, pizza-grease coated game. We're through the looking-glass here, people.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

That hermaphrodite slave?

Totally based off of Ty.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

nuncle jimbo posted:

well they are both tall and female. speaking of which I'm incredibly disappointed charles barkley wasn't cast as the mountain

We all know the most important casting has yet to come...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

geeves posted:

I would love to see McShane cast in the series, but the problem is who? Doran Martell?

Time-traveling future Hot Pie. Come to warn him from making a pie so delicious, that it changes the fate of the world.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

But who will play Lady Whiskers?

Edit : Wait. Problem solved.

Xiahou Dun fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 9, 2012

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

IRQ posted:

Twilight, from what I've heard, is much more creepy and hosed up and that's even more enormously popular, with women anyway.

I think Gurm gets away with it because it's in a medieval fantasy setting.

Real subtle, hoss. I bet no one's the wiser.

(Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Team Parking Lot of the Elementary School!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Factor_VIII posted:

GRRM takes the "write about what you love" credo to heart. The endless descriptions of food and underage sex are proof of that.

What the hell did anyone expect from a man that looks like this?

eta :

Xiahou Dun fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 11, 2012

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

With Neil Marshall directing though, so that gives me hope.

Wait, you're making GBS threads me. Like, the guy who did The Descent and poo poo?

I'm... Excited for something SoIaF related for the first time in like... 6 years. Jesus.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Joramun posted:

Agreed. Anything the show's writers come up with that's not in the books basically has the same status as fanfic to me.

Counterpoint : That Robert and Cersei scene is better than AFFC and ADWD combined.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Those classes have sandboxes though.

So win-win.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

My girlfriend yells at me if I put dinosaurs in that one though.

And they keep making GBS threads on my castles.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

So, what sleeps at the foot of your bed, purring softly and showing affection?

Your loneliness and sense of impending mortality? Because my kitties are really cute.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Why is his belt so long?

Why wouldn't you make it smaller? There aren't even any notches for the buckle. It's just wasted leather.

Is it decorative?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

What loving game is that? It looks amazing.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Fuuuuuck, want to play that so badly now. I have all this poo poo to do, and I'm going to be pissing and moaning now because I'd rather play that and drink beer.

And BoT, you should post all of GREGOR, P.I. because I think I missed one.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Dude, there were like 5 more after that.

Gregor gets all over everyone's poo poo.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Ashrik posted:

While the change in Margaery makes it seems like we'll have no Queen Of Thorns, I'll still hold out hope for a last minute signing of Jessica Lange in future seasons.

That's the worst typo I've ever seen : it's spelled 'Maggie Smith'.

(Also has the bonus of letting me splice footage of Game of Thrones and Downton Abbey together. )

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

Even though Maggie Smith is the most obvious choice, she would still be perfect.

Is there a reason why it should be a cunning surprise?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Factor_VIII posted:

Move the House of Black and White to King's LandingVancouver. Problem solved.

Glad to help, as always.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

What are you talking about?

SS Doomtrooper was a cinematic tour de force.

The only thing missing was Bruce Boxleitner.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I feel like a terrible person because I will probably buy the hell out of that book.

I like to cook. A lot.

Can I make up for it if I post pictures of me making the recipes?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Tony Danza Claus posted:

It is now my life's goal to poo poo at a city.
Depending on the city, they already did all the work for you : I think it counts if you just look at Newark, Baltimore or Newburgh, for instance.

Eta : Taipei : seriously, gently caress Taipei.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

i am looking for some words that rhyme with reek and i heard you guys can help?

Oblique.

Yeah, try and work that in GRRM you fat piece of poo poo.

Also, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell is the amazing and everyone should read it all day every day.

Mieville is pretty good, but his horror stuff is better than his fantasy stuff.

Didn't Charles Stross do a good fantasy thing, or is he all sci-fi and I'm getting confused?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I should probably stop drinking with lunch :