Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The food descriptions are the best part.

I came.

I think my biggest problem with Dance was the Harlequin Romance cookbook slashfic was toned down so much. What's the point of reading a GRRM novel if he's not painstakingly detailing food (and nipples).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A Harry Potter Slashfic of Ice and Fire

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lighly flour bread board and rolling pin. Roll dough to 13 x 17 inch triangle, 1/8 inch thick. Transfer to cookie sheet. Prick dough with fork. Cover with another cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove top sheet and continue to bake for 5 more minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Cut pastry into thirds, lengthwise. Mix powdered sugar and water. Stir until smooth. Turn over 1 pastry strip on rack. Pour sugar glaze over strip. Smooth with spatula. Quickly pour stripes of chocolate over glaze. Drag knife over top to make decorative design. Let stand until dry, about 30 minutes.

To assemble: Place one unglazed strip on serving platter. Spread half of pastry cream on top. Top with the other unglazed strip. Top with rest of pastry cream. Top that with glazed strip. Chill until firm, about and hour. (Don't chill longer than 3 hours. It may get soggy.) For serving, rape Hermione and cut with serrated knife.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ice Zombies -> a large breed of wolf -> DRAGONS -> a redhead who sucks at fortune telling -> a guy who can change his appearance -> a spirit journey -> .......... -> Zombie Catelyn -> Zombie Gregor -> and then book 5 rolls around and there's telepaths and spirits and magic tree gnomes and the magic brain tree from Avatar and magic doorways and so on.

Magic went from this tiny background thing that only happened a few times per book to this omnipresent "YOU ARE READING A FANTASY NOVEL".

The best book, Storm, was almost entirely sneaky politics and warfare and murder plots, and it kicks rear end.

Dance was basically "1,001 really stupid Arabian Nights" that ends with Jon not dying and Dany with a case of rocket spray-dooks.

The only real redeeming part of the last 2 books was fat Manderly pwning the Freys.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

my cat is norris posted:

Tony Danza Claus, if you dropped your Wild Cards tag on purpose, I apologize for sticking it back in there. These colors stick together and don't run, never forget.

AHA! 'twas you!

Hey guys. Long time no see.

I've been knee-deep in building a big gently caress you to Reddit for a while, obviously.

Luckily season two is coming soon, so I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys and the lovely TVIV threads.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

Thanks again for making the GRRM cry bitter tears by making his favorite subreddits go away.

While reddit speculates that Lowtax did it to generate income for SA, my Wild Cards homies know the real reason behind the Pedocalypse.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

Obviously you're not a true fan or you'd have used "shitdick" :smugbert:

Also you forgot making GBS threads water. That is unforgivable.

:frogout:

I haven't been here in months and I knew about the Spray Dook.

For shame, little one. For shame.

Now :getin: and tell us your favorite GRRM parable on honeyed meats.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

el_brio posted:

making GBS threads bloody water (don't forget the sexy part). I wonder if GRRM wrote those chapters when he was laid up with poo poo-dick? Anyway, I'd like to echo the opinion of some of those here that think that Dance was a boring, meandering pile of mediocrity. I lost track of how many times during my read through that I thought to myself, "Jesus George... not another loving new plot element that you will invariably forget about and abandon." Well, I suppose that since the next book must be already around 80% complete (har har), we will find out soon enough how he brings all the threads together. At this point, I don't even know why I care anymore.

Hopefully the HBO season that covers Dance ignores all that Tyrion and Pretty Pig bullshit, and Red Robin and the other secret Targ and whatnot and just focuses on fat lord Manderly :iceburn:ing Freys and being a total pimp at all times.

And Episode 10 better just be Dany spraying the landscape with flaming hot spicy blood doodoo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dead Man Posting posted:

Awful_lot_of_underscore_nicks_in_here

Says "Three Word Name".

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dead Man Posting posted:

Not as arrogant as four-word names

my cat is norris is literally 10 hitlers in a 5 hitler bag.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ashrik posted:

So what's the story with GURM getting shitdick? I don't know what that is

Coliform urinary tract infection.

He literally had doodoo in his weewee.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

run DNC posted:

I always understood it as in.

Correct.

The GRRM Thread: Rinse yo Dick

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Oh yeah, when is Winds of Winter coming out?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I want to start a band called "The Flaming Gaze of Sauron" but I don't play any instruments.

Neither did any of the Grammy winners.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Skrillex (the dude that presses play on a laptop) and some lady who sings other people's songs through some voice distortion software.

I heard a Grammy winner playlist and it was basically a really bad 90's Sci-Fi movie soundtrack which would have a very weird sex scene with the teen heartthrob boy actor thrown in for the ladies, because there's this one out of place lame love song.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

Oh god I seriousposted in the bad thread :negative:

Wait... This the bad thread?

:iceburn:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mediant posted:

Just finished A Dance with Dragons. :ughh: Where do I sign up for Wild Cards?

My favorite part is where GRRM introduced new people of no consequence instead of moving towards wrapping up the story.

The fifth book was more like a second book than the actual second book.

Oh boy, new characters, a lost Targaryen, several new factions, and a downer ending with no conclusion and the main character is lost in the desert with a case of the bad bad Leroy Browns.

To become a wild card you must now poo poo post and talk about other books because there's not going to be another ASOIAF book ever.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Factor_VIII posted:

Better not let GRRM learn who your favorite character is then.

My favorite character is Bronn. :allears:

Luckily GRRM will die before the "Bronn is a Stark bastard and has warg powers only BACKWARDS so Tyrion wargs into Bronn and now Tyrion is tall and strong and he totally kills his family awesomely and :gizz: :btroll:" that that fat fucker has planned for book six.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Medieval Medic posted:

It is evident that Daario is the prince that something or another from legend(the book was so terrible I forgot what it was called). He will descend from the skies(if the fat gently caress ever finishes the books), and he will make us wonder if his penis is penetrating our anus, or our's his anus. Bloody making GBS threads anus, that is.

Keep going. Talk about his beard. :frogc00l::fh:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mediant posted:

Oh how sweet that day will be. :allears:

Edit: Then Jorah (:black101:) can ride in and Dany will come to her senses. :colbert:

Jorah is so friendzoned he's gonna be that nerd that wigs out on Dany's Facebook posting all this "all I've ever done is look after you while you dated jerks you dumb bitch A BLOO BLOO BLOO :qq: "

And then Dany will be like "lol wtf JM, you're like a bro to me BRB I've got a date with Jon Snow OMG he's so dreamy and he rides a motorcycle"

And then Jorah will crysturbate over a Dany hairdoll because he's a total punk bitch.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bigmcgaffney posted:

Edit: and lol, the only thing jon snow rides id dolorous edd's veiny cock

Troof.

But u know drat well when him and Dany meet up she's gonna be all "OMG total sploosh! He's all dark and broody and mysterious just like my teen vampire novels!"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Daario = best character.

"I'ma rub these tits on my sword. You like that? You want me to rub your queentits like that? Gimme dat booty and dat kingdom, girl.

:frogc00l: awwwww yeah

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Factor_VIII posted:

What if Jon has warged into Ghost though? Though I guess that won't stop GRRM from having them mate.

I was pretty much counting on that. The whole series will end up like The Dark Tower where there's a warning towards the end of A Dream of Spring telling you not to read any further.

And when you do, it's 290 pages of the absolute smuttiest Fur-fic with Wolf-Arya and Wolf-Jon just mad loving Dany in every way possible like some medieval fantasy version of The Aristocrats.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

And unlike the warning at the end of Black House, the "you'll regret it" for Dark Tower is accurate. I kept reading, and I did regret it.

I haven't read the books yet (because they were completely spoiled) but yeah.

Essentially it says "don't read further" and if you do it's basically ten million times worse than an "it was all a dream" ending.

A most impressive gently caress you to the fans.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dead Man Posting posted:

Arya gets her sight back.

Jaime gets his Brienne-boner back.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I really hope a bunch of the TVIV goons didn't read the books.

The no-spoiler thread was the best reading material ever.

"No way, human being. Arya is totally gonna kill Joffrey or I'll never watch this show again!"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

Wait until they find out not only that Littlefinger had absolutely nothing to do with Bran's attempted assassination, but that Cersei had absolutely nothing to do with Jon Arryn's death :allears:

The bitter tears when Joffrey is alive and well in the season 2 finale will be a fine lube for their crysturbation.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Queen of Thorns gang tag would loving own bones.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Da fuq u talkin' bout, Willis?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Maybe they'll get David Simon to write season 7 so we'll at least get closure out of the tv show.

Also, Omar better play the braavosi banker.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bigmcgaffney posted:

Not to keep beating off a dead horse but its been known that Xaro was cast by a black buy for like 6 months, thats why im surprised at the reaction.

Also they changed Asha's name, which is so much worse. Especially since it's now Yara.

The Greyjoys are pirates. You gotta say her name with a pirate accent:

Yara Greyjoy.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

zocio posted:

After Daario Naharis comes into play discard all your clothes... :swoon:

I'd tap his mana.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
:smug: Nothing can top "The Ear of Myrcella" magic booster card, and you can not repel my power now. Surrender your deck to me, loser.

:frogc00l: Not so fast!

[hushed murmurs from onlookers]

:frogc00l: This card I hold here...

[the crowd gasps and leans closer]

:frogc00l: ...is of the night.

[thunderous applause]

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The animated features on the GoT blurays are amazing.

It's a history book of, well, everything. Pretty rad.

(gently caress GRRM)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

What, seriously? Is there anything new?

Not really. It's just the tiny snippets of Westeros history you read over 4 books all summarized in one big animated piece. It's really cool.

And the commentary is nifty too.

HBO owns.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's like, sometimes you have to have stuff that sucks, so you'll know when something is cool.

/beavis

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
To cook the pizza rolls you must preheat the oven to 350.

:grrm:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Negging: you're just a young, pretty girl. You obviously need a man to help you rule.

Peacocking: come on, tit swords? Obviously.

<3 Daario~ <3 is totally PUA as poo poo. He f-closed an HB that owns dragons. That's gotta make her at least an HB20!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bigmcgaffney posted:

Don't forget GRRM's masterful use of kino at his book signings. The man knows his poo poo.

:barf:

You know the second that picture was taken she thought "did a cold canned ham just fall on my hand?"

The following pictures would reveal GRRM grinning widely as she realizes the clammy feeling on the back of her hand is his touch.

He interprets her revulsion as Last Minute Resistance and makes her feel bad for rejecting him. When she apologizes, he kisses her. She tries to scream, but he has already unhinged his jaw and has swallowed her to the shoulders. With a lurch he lefts her feet towards the ceiling, and she slides into the gullet of the GRRM.

The others waiting in line for signatures, who were moments ago shocked, now breathe a sigh of relief.

The GRRM has fed. He will not feed again for 3 hours.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Does anyone know if "they killed my nigga Ned" guy ended up reading the books?

I'm giddy with anticipation for watching the weeping and wailing of non-readers in TVIV/elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cervixalot posted:

Heard GRRM doing an interview on NPR last night, and holy God, the man says Yuge and Yuman and other awful dropped H pronounciations. His worst crime against Yumanity, as far as I'm concerned.

The bluray features were the first time I've seen him in motion/speak.

Chilling stuff.

TheManWithNoName posted:

No he says he won't read the books at all (or at least until HBO is done with the series) to keep his perspective as close to a new viewer as possible.

This owns.

8 episodes of Joffrey abusing Sansa and being a horrible monster, to the dismay of everyone, then in Ep 9 we finally get the huge battle where Joffrey finally gets what's coming to him... And he WINS.

And then Ep 10 they burn down Winterfell.

The butthurt is going to register previously-unthought levels.

(oh, and Dany literally does nothing)

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 13, 2012