Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Umph posted:

Hey what happened to the bad thread? I've been gone for a few months. Is the book really coming out in a few days? Gosh!
They probated pretty much every bad thread poster. Maybe it will be allowed to come back once everyone's read ADwD and it becomes clear gurm will never finish WoW. He won't even need to sell water-damaged calendars now, thanks to the TV-series.

But yeah, glad reviews are positive. It's been a long, long time since I've read the other books, though, so hopefully it'll suck me back in (don't really want to re-read the series right now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Reverse Jesus posted:

Amazon just changed the ADWD release date from July 16 to 'July 16 - July 19'.

It begins.
He leaked the books on purpose. To give us hope, which he would then crush. Next we will hear that he decided to re-write some chapters, and that the release will be delayed.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

b0lt posted:

This summarizes all of Dany's chapters:
I'm having trouble believing that quote is real :colbert:

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Wait, has the Bad Thread already been revived? So soon?

I was really sad to see it die on the day of the ADWD release, you know, but I always though it'd be at least a couple years before despair set in. Have gurm's blog posts really been that bad?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Rurik posted:

I haven't checked this thread or any GRRM news for a year maybe. Has there been any progress with TWOW? Has he written? If not, I have a suggestion: someone should buy him a voice recorder so he can tell the story and send it to the editor/ghost writer. Sheesh.
The amount of time gurm took for each book has been:
2 yrs -> 2 yrs -> 5 yrs -> 6 yrs
Following this pattern, there should be another ~3 year jump; so:
2 yrs -> 2 yrs -> 5 yrs -> 6 yrs -> 9 yrs (winds) -> 10 yrs (dream) (complete)

I'd recommend coming back to this thread in nineteen years or so.