Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

mind the walrus posted:

Wow, I knew the ADWD early release would send early spoilers and ramp up the Bad Thread, but I didn't think it'd get this bad.

I only even checked this because this is what? The second Bad thread in a few days.

That said I'm going to check out of here until I finish ADWD. I was already told that Arya goes blind thanks to this thread, and while I'm sure nothing important will happen in ADWD I'd still like to be surprised the way I was when Robb's head was cut off by Walder Frey's men.

MILD CARDS BITCHES

Well the threads didn't get bad because of ADWD spoilers, mostly because nothing happens in ADWD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Fatkraken posted:

http://isadancewithdragonsoutyet.com/

Someone email the webmaster.

He is busy with his cool new site.

http://isthewindsofwinteroutyet.com/

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
All the people in this book series who are gay just in case you guys missed it:

Renyl
Loras
Lord Connington
Dolorous Edd
Pyp
Ser Barristan
Varys
The Blackfish

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Dr I am a Doctor posted:

But Barristan and Edd are super cool, so they can't be gays

Barristan and Edd are hard gay, sorry bro.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

enigma74 posted:

I can't tell if this is a huge troll or not but some of these people on this list weren't even hinted at being gay:

Renyl
Loras
Lord Connington
Dolorous Edd
Pyp
Ser Barristan
Varys
The Blackfish

Of these, Renly, Loras, Jon Connington are the only obviously gay characters in the book. The list also misses Whoresbane Umber, who killed a male prostitute allegedly to hide his gayness. Also Satin, Jon's squire, who WAS a male prostitute. In the TV show only, Varys is implied by Littlefinger to be gay, when he calls him out on his little boys. The Blackfish may or may not be gay, he's pretty adamant about never getting married, even when he was setup by his lord brother when he was younger.

Dolorous Edd, Pyp, and Ser Barristan don't have any hints about being gay, unless I'm missing something really obvious. Ser Barristan in particular moons over Ashara Dayne (a girl!), his major unrequited love.

Edit: How is 'Dolorous' a big hint that Dolorous is gay? Not sarcastic at all, I don't get it, the word means 'mournful'. There has to be some reference I'm not getting - is Dolorous similar to a female name or something?

Huh, forgot about Ashara Dayne, I guess Barristan is bisexual. But yeah you need to reread the books because you're missing out on some pretty big hints. And yeah, Dolorous is a pun on Edd's laziness and gayness.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Well no one in this thread can pick up on simple poo poo like 'Dolorous Edd is gay' so what are you going to do.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I'm pretty sure the comet was gay too, I'll have to open up Clash of Kings just to be sure though.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Azure_Horizon posted:

I'm pretty sure this series will not end

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Hey guys guess what, its the movie we've all been waiting for!

http://www.avclub.com/articles/film-version-of-george-rr-martins-wild-cards-in-th,64205/

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Contra Calculus posted:

GOON PROJECT: Let's write a satisfying ending to A Song of Ice and Fire.

The comet come back and hits the planet, everyone dies.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

whowhatwhere posted:

:allears:

Lost was still worse when it came to stupid TVIV theories, notify me when we have time travelling arrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

empty sea posted:

I had to look this up to make sure I wasn't going crazy, but Podrick was actually in the last episode. And bonus, making an incredibly awkward, goony face. Yesss, Podrick, you adorable little gently caress-up.

He actually has been in two episodes, he was in one earlier as well although I don't think we were able to see his face.