Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Amazing I totally forgot about the Cersei eating semen thing when whenever I get to a part where a naked girl is in I'm wondering how long it takes before GRRM talks about her huge dark nipples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I would expect 7 pictures with them promising that the other 5 will be out next year before GRRM makes a livejournal post about it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder if we'll get any blogs from the GRRM about how this season did things wrong.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

AtAt-de-fay posted:

No worries, looks like she can take care of herself in a nerd slapfight.

http://cdni.wired.co.uk/1920x1280/a_c/Courtiers.jpg

Have these people seen the sun in the past 5 years? It looks like the sun is just unnatural to them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah don't know where the idea that they were "ascended fans" came from. They're trust funders who networked into it.

I think it might come from that meeting they had with GRRM where it was said they knew a lot about the series and he trusted them to adapt it, but the only real takeaway was “they knew about R+L=J”, which isn’t exactly a huge thing that most people who read the books once would figure out.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

We’ll know if the character creator has nipple settings if GRRM did any game recommendations

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I doubt HBO going “we like this but we need to see more, to get an idea of the endgame” would have improved the writing speed.

We probably would have gotten less side stuff though

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There’s going to be so many people confused about which character is who.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

House of the Dragon relies on a lot of big cinematic battles too right? I wonder how those would look considering we got about 1 a season with GoT

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Westworld throwing out it’s writing because some people guessed a twist sure was a choice.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Drogo even has a Pentos Bachelor pad, presumably where he takes vacations after killing another Khal and adding to his army.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

His notes will just lead to a cookbook

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

From writing completion to print I don't know what the timeline can be at it's quickest, but there's no way they delay it and wouldn't have it out at the first possible date.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It would be kind of funny if GRRM got to dealing with The Others and it was more disappointing than how the show did it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

He's just going to be in the casting room for whoever auditions for Val.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I know the Targaryen’s had weird prophecy dreams, but I thought for the most part they were incomprehensible enough where they were either used for self-serving reasons only, or drove the person crazy trying to understand them

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It didn't even take the Targaryn's one generation after they took over before they almost wiped each other out.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Winds of Winter comes out but it does that thing where it answers no questions and just raises more.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Not even Stannis really likes the Florents

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ratings increased from week to week if I remember right.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Shae stuff was one of those things where they changed it from the books but still kept the final end for the character, so it ends up kind of pointless she still betrays him and he kills her.

The only real change was she tries to kill him first when the book had it where Tyrion kills her while she's just panicking.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Meanwhile Maester Aemon's dead body is in a rum barrel.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

OperaMouse posted:

Will the writing pace increase or decrease with Aaron Rodgers traded to the Jets?

Decrease is impossible, although he could delete the Mercy chapter.

He’s going to take Aaron Rodger’s “I’m basically 90% retired” line to heart

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how when Jaime killed the king and sat down after because he was tired, he picked the most uncomfortable seat possible that just stabs everyone who tries to sit in it

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/culturecrave/status/1683171556166631425?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Xiahou Dun posted:

And if I wasn’t a long time fan of Mark Addy, you could totally convince me he was concocted in a jar in Yorkshire, the product of a decades long project to engineer the perfect actor to play Robert Baratheon.

Dude is perfectly cast and he delivers the absolute balls off every line.

I still hate that show but they nailed most of the initial cast.

I remember when they recast The Mountain the first time and no one recognized him

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It would be the trash man cheering scene except after he took a big poo poo on the dead guy.

Dany would also be cheering

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

At least give us Darkstar, it’s not like you can ruin a character that comes pre ruined

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Early on in the show he makes an incest reference to Cersei’s face and only plot armor saved him.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how Littlefinger tried to comically run out at the end like it was a sitcom instead of leaving much earlier when things were obviously not going to work out for him.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Bran’s warging that dragon and using it as a weapon the second the Iron Islands secede.

He might even do it before then

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They might as well have cut Rickon from the show itself.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

At the time I think GRRM’s excuse was he could I only write at home, but he kept going to events and had no time to be home and write, so I can at least follow the logic there.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ned was lucky the North was almost all houses that are blindly loyal to the Starks as an institution, outside of the Boltons.

I think it was said he was a good battlefield commander but just an okay fighter, which is why people tend to think he beat Arthur Dayne in an unhonorable way and he doesn’t like to think about it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I heard there's a theory that Howland Reed Warged Dayne and is now him, which is why he's so reclusive, but I also like the idea that he just threw a net over him and him and Ned just stabbed him.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Elias_Maluco posted:

Basically they cut an enormous amount of side plots that were never got nowhere in the books anyway, and what was really needed, they cut the chase. Mostly stuff related to Essos and Dorne

About Dorne specially, they condensed some hundreds and hundreds of pages into basically 1 episode. Its interesting because, at one hand, that poo poo was incredibly dull and unnecessary in the books to begin with. But at the other hand, what they did with it in the show, while at least short and fast, was probably some of the worst moments of television Ive ever saw in my whole life

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The reach didn’t have an army because they made all the food

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Barristan’s chapter was neat.

I feel bad for his actor who was looking forward to doing that stuff in the show and just got ganked by some random people instead.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Catlyn’s annoyed with it until she finds out Robb married someone with good birthing hips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder if George even had an answer for what happened to Ashara Dayne and why they named their main heir after Ned.

I guess the latter could be they just liked his honor a lot, but it’s still a little weird.