Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Mordiceius posted:

I’ve never read ASOIAF but goddamn y’all have posted almost 2000 pages and this thread is 11 years old.

its a fun read if you don't care about endings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://www.polygon.com/game-of-thrones/23499159/george-rr-martin-winds-of-winter-finish-release-date-pages

wow im sure george will be done soon :)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

banned from Starbucks posted:

Apparently the HBO merger put all non HotD shows on hold so maybe that'll free up some time for him to finishahaahahhahaahhaha

sadly I believe SNOW A JON SNOW STORY is still going ahead iirc it was just sea snake and 10 thousand ships that were shelved.

also im sure 2023 is the year TWOW will release, he's so close to being done! :)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Platystemon posted:

Yeah but the book and show canon differ.

In the book canon, Dany is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna, brought to Starfall by Ned and swapped for Brandon and Ashara’s baby, Jon.

Arthur Dayne survived and became known as Qorin Halfhand. Rhaegar was allowed by Ned to take the black, deserted, and is now known as Mance Rayder.

Ashara is the Dusky Woman.

correct

can't wait for when TWOW comes out so we can all talk about how howland sent the pink letter to take jon through the weirwood portal to tell him the truth.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i just want to see my good friend griff and his son young griff do something

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Platystemon posted:

WATCH JON START A loving PLAGUE

shocked that grrm would make the gay pining guy superspreader

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

If they made a show where the conquest is happening and we had 10 or so mini stories that happened during that time it could be really good

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Barreft posted:

uuuugggghhhhhh

we got mention of fat pink mast and the sticky princes, and of mercy.

please ..no more

im a fan of the myrish swamp, personally.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

the best parts of affc were mostly the very inconsquential jaunts through the crownlands and riverlands with brienne

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

in theory he should write more winds because this affects television only

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

winds will be released any minute now

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

mossyfisk posted:

I assume he's a guild member, he does write for television sometimes. Isn't he supposed to be doing some episodes of the new show(s)?

he's meant to be working on like 3 shows as producer and stuff

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Blue Raider posted:

Does anyone still care about these books? Both in the thread and in the world I mean

i do OP

but i cope by running a ttrpg game thats basically fanfiction so

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Anders posted:

Just started checking the forum after a few years of hiatus. Has the tub of lard done anything of note since making the two last seasons of GoT as bad as the two last books of aSoIaF

he has spent more time lying

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Bright Bart posted:

You know her inner monologue doesn't sound drunk. But it could well be the inner monlogue of someone constantly under the influence. You have many alcoholics who drink all that to a BAC that would make others fall over themselves while still appearing to function. Doesn't mean their judgement isn't impaired.

Plus ethanol is a neurotoxin.

So maybe that's why we get 'Oh this guy will be our new admiral. He's called Waters so you know he'll be stellar. Hmm... that one other guy I hired just hired all his brothers? Naah that's not nepotism that's smart. Wait Admiral Waters just took our entire fleet and made himself a king? What do you mean he may not have been a real knight or even just a noble bastard from the Riverlands, but a Pentoshi conman? I'll have to get my new two Masters of Coin Sir Scamsalot and Lord Idyote to build a new fleet. I've learned my lesson: no more sailors as admirals. If they can't sail away they can't steal the fleet can they? Wow I'm smart. All this ruling makes me need some strong wine."

Mad Hamish posted:

It's been a while but I'm moderately certain she was loving Aurayne Waters.

aurane waters is a velaryon bastard and cersei specifically gave him all the boats because he looks like rheagar lol

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Kylaer posted:

This reminds me of an :eng99: I committed when I first read Game of Thrones many, many years ago. Robert learns he's too fat for his armor and sends some lackey off to get a "breastplate stretcher" and I was baffled by this because I know such a thing couldn't possibly work.

Much later I realized he was deliberately sending the dude on a wild goose chase.

it's done alot better in the show tbf, tone helps alot

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Xiahou Dun posted:

And if I wasn’t a long time fan of Mark Addy, you could totally convince me he was concocted in a jar in Yorkshire, the product of a decades long project to engineer the perfect actor to play Robert Baratheon.

Dude is perfectly cast and he delivers the absolute balls off every line.

I still hate that show but they nailed most of the initial cast.

rewarching the show fairly recently took alot of the shine off but i think the one thing most agree on is that the first season is really stunning, they pretty much nail everything

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

bobjr posted:

I remember when they recast The Mountain the first time and no one recognized him

the first mountain guy left to go film the hobbit lol

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

its a shame we never got to see show watchers reaction to some of the batshit stuff in affc and adwd

would've loved to see an extremely short lived toxic young griff tv show fandom

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

grrm is working his rear end off!!!!!!!!!!

on WILDCARDS

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Pennsylvanian posted:

Found the poser. Real book fans know he spends all of his time on Dark Winds now.
dark winds in the toilet maybe

banned from Starbucks posted:

Not according to his bathroom scale!!!

he's actually lost alot of weight over the last few years!!!!!

(he wants to live longer to piss us off more)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Evil Fluffy posted:

Surely by now there's a TV show with Sean Bean where his character repeatedly finds himself in certain death situations only to show up in a later scene perfectly ok and like nothing happened, right?

not a tv show but in Hitman, sean bean's character is "the undying" a guy who survives pretty much anything, even 47.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Devorum posted:

Someone decided that night shots shouldn't be lit because it's not "realistic" and "breaks immersion" and now we're here.

its also so they can do cheap rear end CGI and hide its imperfections easily

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i still have no idea when the show decided it was cutting plot lines it chose to get rid of the absolute slam dunk stinger moment of faegon especially considering in adwd he's literally beaten dany to westeros

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I like season 2 but lol that Dany’s entire season was all poo poo that got dropped. The show would be the same if they Branned her out for that one

lol that is true

rip strong belwas

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

to be fair the book series is a year older than me and I'm 26

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

remember when adwd was coming out 1 year after affc

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

one year ago GRRM said he was 75% finished with the book lol

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

It is really funny d&d fumbled the free stinger of faegon existing but still put the golden company in cause ???

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i read the books before there was alot of online zeitgeist or knowledge of it, well before the tv show and I just remember hating jon snow way more than 99% of people

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Angry Salami posted:

Yeah, it's weird how they thought the point of the series was the political intrigue that's been the focus of every book that's actually been released, and not the magical fantasy stuff that's going to be important any day now.

im pretty sure d&d just stopped reading the books after the red wedding and did everything after that based off of scribbled notes and vibes.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

mossyfisk posted:

Still committed to the theory of "Robert Strong Is Just A New Guy"

my version of this is "aegon is real and it dosen't matter"

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

pidan posted:

I forgot, was Show Bronn also married to the mentally disabled pregnant heiress? I think that's where Book Bronn ended up?

he was, for about one scene until he randomly went to dorne with Jaime and then ended up in every single episode as if he were a pov character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

the idea that the cosmically insane and paranoid cersei could keep a lid on anything for long are more fantastical than the dragons.